FORUMS

Samsung and "Allow access to phone data?"

494 posts
Thanks Meter: 35

By deboopi2, Senior Member on 24th March 2020, 09:09 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
This is a general samsung problem and I have a partial answer, I'm looking for a complete answer.

When you connect a Samsung phone to a PC (windows, mac, linux) you will get the message
Allow access to phone data?, you can answer Allow or deny.
The problem is that the next time you connect the phone you will get the same question even if you answered Allow.
This is a security feature from Samsung and the way to solve this is to
  • make sure you're phone is unlocked before you connect (enter pin or fingerprint to unlock, nothing to do with root),
  • if you then answer deny or allow the question will not be asked again.

This is ok if you answer Allow, it might be a problem if you answer Deny and you want to have access later on.
The solution for the deny problem is to disconnect the phone from the pc and reboot it.
Upon next connection you will get the question again, this answer is saved per pc so if you connect to another pc you 'll have to start over.

My question is how to get the message back if you answered Allow when the phone is unlocked, rebooting the phone will not help.
I don't think the solution is to do a reset of the device, there must be a workaround but I do not know which one.

I got these answers from Samsung support.
For the last question they told me the pc will force the message again but they could not say me when it comes back and if you can force it
25th March 2020, 09:26 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 195

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboopi2

This is a general samsung problem and I have a partial answer, I'm looking for a complete answer.

When you connect a Samsung phone to a PC (windows, mac, linux) you will get the message

The problem is that the next time you connect the phone you will get the same question even if you answered Allow.

• make sure you're phone is unlocked before you connect (enter pin or fingerprint to unlock, nothing to do with root),

This is ok if you answer Allow, it might be a problem if you answer Deny and you want to have access later on.

The solution for the deny problem is to disconnect the phone from the pc and reboot it.

Upon next connection you will get the question again, this answer is saved per pc so if you connect to another pc you 'll have to start over.

My question is how to get the message back if you answered Allow when the phone is unlocked, rebooting the phone will not help.

I don't think the solution is to do a reset of the device, there must be a workaround but I do not know which one.

For the last question they told me the pc will force the message again but they could not say me when it comes back and if you can force it

1.Remove the device from Bluetooth first.

2. Uninstall the drivers for the device, proper ones or 3rd party drivers.

3. Reboot PC.

4. Download the correct drivers from the manufacturer and install them.

reboot rinse & repeat authorisation to access.

*Money back guarantee* hahaha
25th March 2020, 03:58 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag MECHELEN
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Ok this can be the solution but I'm still hoping for something that's easier to implement.
There should be a way without removing and reinstalling drivers.
26th March 2020, 10:24 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 195

More
Quote:

Ok this can be the solution but I'm still hoping for something that's easier to implement.
There should be a way without removing and reinstalling drivers.

without the correct drivers, you will not be able to write on either the internal or external with a raw connection.

however, a workaround would be to mount the phone as a mass USB.

drivers. or you may not be able to run proper ADB commands in the future
29th March 2020, 04:05 PM |#5  
Quote:

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
access, phone data

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)