[Q] Samsung Galaxy S3 Trouble

Search This thread

SamsungAngry

Jan 21, 2015
Hello! I was wondering if any of you tech savvy people could help me out. I had bricked my Galaxy S3 and installed a new ROM on it in order to fix it. Needless to say it worked, or so I thought. Could you help? Details are below.
Model: Samsung-SGH-I747 (AT&T)
Issues:
-Camera won't take pictures, yet I can see what it sees.
-Video won't record.
-Mic won't pick up audio.
-No audio from phone at all.
-SIM is not being read
-Whole phone is a little laggy.

Please help me, Samsung chat wasn't very helpful. :(

Reactions: ElwOOd_CbGp

SamsungAngry

Jan 21, 2015
Changing a kernel is pretty easy, just download the appropriate kernel for your phone and flash it through any custom recovery, then wipe cache and dalvik cache to avoid any future issues, you are good to go then

Ok, I have been trying and can't seem to do it. Is there any way you could link me to a kernel for my phone that doesn't require me rooting my phone again or using a SD Card. Thank you, you've really been helping me.

Last edited:

ElwOOd_CbGp

Aug 11, 2014
Dallas, TX
OnePlus 8T
kernel for your phone...

Ok, I have been trying and can't seem to do it. Is there any way you could link me to a kernel for my phone that doesn't require me rooting my phone again or using a SD Card. Thank you, you've really been helping me.

I am using this kernel on my s3. Its really good, a lot of powerful options, and easy to install. Just make sure you read thru the entire OP and research anything you don't understand. Depending on how bad your phone is, it might not be a bad idea to odin the original firmware and start fresh.
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=28399835#post28399835

---------- Post added at 01:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 AM ----------

here is a link to a good recovery for your phone
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2552640

---------- Post added at 01:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 AM ----------

This is a badass ROM. I am running the sprint version tho. This is the one ported to at&t. the kernel comes built in on the sprint version and probably is also on this one. I had to flash the att kernel to work with sprints new version of the s3. http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3-att/development/rom-ported-wicked-x-v8-0-att-t2985227 Same thing there too. Read the entire OP at least and as much of the att and original thread as you can, and thank the devs.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try flashing full stock via Odin
    that or try a different kenel. It would be good tho to start all fresh with the right firmware
    that or try a different kenel. It would be good tho to start all fresh with the right firmware

Yeah, that seems to be a kernel issue
    Hello! I was wondering if any of you tech savvy people could help me out. I had bricked my Galaxy S3 and installed a new ROM on it in order to fix it. Needless to say it worked, or so I thought. Could you help? Details are below.
    Model: Samsung-SGH-I747 (AT&T)
    Issues:
    -Camera won't take pictures, yet I can see what it sees.
    -Video won't record.
    -Mic won't pick up audio.
    -No audio from phone at all.
    -SIM is not being read
    -Whole phone is a little laggy.

Please help me, Samsung chat wasn't very helpful. :(
    Thanks for the replies! I had flashed it with a ROM I linked below. Also, could you elaborate on what a Kernel is?

On the Samsung Updates page, Galaxy S III LTE (AT&T) SGH-I747, is the device. I selected the only ROM available.
    A kernel acts as a connection between the hardware and the software.