Thanks Meter: 65

By mangoman, Senior Member on 19th January 2018, 10:42 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st March 2018, 02:36 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangoman

well, i never pressed volume and power button or used fastboot. Just installed the kingoroot and ran that. Try that

Awesome! Now it is working. Thanks a lot! I just installed xposed and now i am going to change some things and see if i can improve my battery. I will come back latter!

1st March 2018, 02:48 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
I installed the xposed installer and just installed the framework it suggested. arm7I.
5th March 2018, 02:06 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
OK My device is rooted. What is xposed? How does it work? I’m new to android. I’ve downloaded it from the App Store but can’t make it do anything. What tweaks work best and how do I get them installed?

I'd like to be able to tweak the home button functionality to be able to mimic iOS and activate voice search etc.
5th March 2018, 09:40 PM |#14  
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 461

More
I have this phone too lovely little phone i have installed holo launcher and dropped the dpi down to 130dpi looks awesome now.The only thing is we need to find out what’s drawing the battery so fast in general use.The phone itself sleeps like a baby pretty good in standby anyone have any ideas.And would be nice if we can get a sub forum going for this device as i think its getting very popular.
5th March 2018, 11:27 PM |#15  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jutley

I have this phone too lovely little phone i have installed holo launcher and dropped the dpi down to 130dpi looks awesome now.The only thing is we need to find out what’s drawing the battery so fast in general use.The phone itself sleeps like a baby pretty good in standby anyone have any ideas.And would be nice if we can get a sub forum going for this device as i think its getting very popular.

I think the main issue with the battery is that its too small. Id love to see 4g on the device.
6th March 2018, 12:19 AM |#16  
Flag UK

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by perrin21

I think the main issue with the battery is that its too small. Id love to see 4g on the device.

I don’t know about that because it does a good job at standby time something seems to be draining it when in use may be some app or background process.I am sure we have plenty of people here with the know how to get it running better. I know this phone has been selling like hot cakes and a growing interest in the phone because it so well built and does not look so cheap and decent performance for that crazy size of it.Also i have been testing hotspot on this phone and the battery life is amazing when using hotspot to my ipad very impressed definitely a very handy feature of this phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to jutley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jutley Ad-Free
6th March 2018, 08:10 AM |#17  

More
Mine is also changed to 130dpi, looks much better now. That sim tray is a work of art lol.
6th March 2018, 04:51 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member

More
yes, this phone is very snappy for the size. Feels faster than the two android watches I have, that are not used. Needed something that can be tucked away connected with bt and a voice notifier.

The xposed module "app settings" is good to tweak certain apps dpi and font size. I think my overall dpi is 120-130.

Also setcpu profiles to save when screen off and 900mhz screen on, only max cpu with incoming calls. Then greenify and amplify.

For me it last 2 days of dog walks, or 4-5 hours on connected to bt with a few short calls.
The Following User Says Thank You to mangoman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mangoman Ad-Free
6th March 2018, 05:28 PM |#19  

More
Do you have any issues with app icons moving around changing locations? I’m using an IPhone X launcher.
9th March 2018, 09:19 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member

More
no, but i use Nova launcher. Not paid much attention, mainly for accepting incoming calls
15th March 2018, 11:13 PM |#21  
Flag UK

More
Trust me guys holo launcher works best for this phone so many things can be tweaked and set dpi to 130 perfect does anyone know where to download the original firmware from must be available from somewhere.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)