FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Q] Tablet Meep X2 from Oregon Scientific: stuck on initial screen

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Intruder66, Junior Member on 2nd August 2014, 03:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hallo everyone.

At a quick look I was not able to find the forum area for introductions so... My name's Roberto and I'm intrested (among other things ) in Android world (I have several smartphones and a couple of tablet).

My problem is a Tablet: Meep X2 from Oregon Scientific . The thing is stuck to the intial screen (the one with a gear which turns on and on...)

Does anyone know how to hard reset the Tablet?

Clearly I tried the on/of button for several seconds, the reset button on the back, any combinations between theese two... I also completly discharge the battery.

Any help will be welcomed.

T.I.A.

29th August 2014, 01:58 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Post Android Recovery - Meep X2
It is possible to boot the MEEP! X2 into Android recovery mode. On the back of the tablet is a small cover. Remove it (It should slide off). It will expose the external SD card slot and you should also see a hole labeled "Upgrade". Make sure the MEEP! X2 is off. Using a small object, insert it into the "Upgrade" hole and push the button in. Keeping the "Upgrade" button pushed in, push in and hold the "Power" button. Keep both buttons pushed in, while the MEEP! X2 turns on/boots. After a few seconds, you should see "Android system recovery <3e>" at the top of the screen. At that point, you can now let go (stop holding in) both buttons. Use the "Upgrade" button to select/highlight "wipe data/factory reset". Once selected/highlighted, push the "Power" button. The "wipe data/factory reset" process wlll start. Once completed, your MEEP! X2 should reboot. Hopefully, it will not get "stuck" on the boot screen and be back up and working. A factory reset will wipe all data from the MEEP! X2, to include the preloaded apps. However, those can be recovered from the "Meep Store", along with any apps you may have purchased. Google Play items can be reinstalled, after you have relinked the Meep's Google Play email and password to it. Unfortunately, all game progress will be lost, but it is a small price to pay to get your Meep working again. I cannot take credit for these instructions. I found them posted by an individual on the Meep Tablet - Italia Facebook page. The instructions seemed to have worked for several people. A few have reported that they coud not get into Android recovery mode, but I think it may work for you. On another note, these instructions do not work for the original MEEP! Good luck!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Scoobert_Doo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Scoobert_Doo Ad-Free
31st August 2014, 03:08 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Thumbs up Thank You!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobert_Doo

It is possible to boot the MEEP! X2 into Android recovery mode...

Thanks very much!

That's what I need to know.
The point is: all andorid devices can be restored using "recovery mode" but the problem is to enter in such a modality when there are NOT phisical Volume Keys on your device!.

Thank s again!
13th July 2015, 09:22 PM |#4  

More
Cannot make Meep X2 tablet work again
Hi,

I have a MeepX2 tablet which had many errors and encounter force close randomly.
Therefore I tried to make factory reset.
After finished operation seemed nothing changed.
Tried again and tablet would not start anymore.
Now when try to start it only see some backlight on display and nithing else.
Does anyone have software which I could put by cable ?

Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobert_Doo

It is possible to boot the MEEP! X2 into Android recovery mode. On the back of the tablet is a small cover. Remove it (It should slide off). It will expose the external SD card slot and you should also see a hole labeled "Upgrade". Make sure the MEEP! X2 is off. Using a small object, insert it into the "Upgrade" hole and push the button in. Keeping the "Upgrade" button pushed in, push in and hold the "Power" button. Keep both buttons pushed in, while the MEEP! X2 turns on/boots. After a few seconds, you should see "Android system recovery <3e>" at the top of the screen. At that point, you can now let go (stop holding in) both buttons. Use the "Upgrade" button to select/highlight "wipe data/factory reset". Once selected/highlighted, push the "Power" button. The "wipe data/factory reset" process wlll start. Once completed, your MEEP! X2 should reboot. Hopefully, it will not get "stuck" on the boot screen and be back up and working. A factory reset will wipe all data from the MEEP! X2, to include the preloaded apps. However, those can be recovered from the "Meep Store", along with any apps you may have purchased. Google Play items can be reinstalled, after you have relinked the Meep's Google Play email and password to it. Unfortunately, all game progress will be lost, but it is a small price to pay to get your Meep working again. I cannot take credit for these instructions. I found them posted by an individual on the Meep Tablet - Italia Facebook page. The instructions seemed to have worked for several people. A few have reported that they coud not get into Android recovery mode, but I think it may work for you. On another note, these instructions do not work for the original MEEP! Good luck!

3rd March 2016, 12:39 AM |#5  

More
Reset select
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intruder66

Thanks very much!

That's what I need to know.
The point is: all andorid devices can be restored using "recovery mode" but the problem is to enter in such a modality when there are NOT phisical Volume Keys on your device!.

Thank s again!

After you do the above steps it tells you to use volume up/down buttons to select the options. However the Meep X2 does not have any volume buttons. To select the factory reset you will have to push the Upgrade button to scroll through the menu. Once you get to the selection you want, you will select the option by pushing the power button. The Meep should successfully reset once the factory reset is selected. Thank you for your time.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)