Thanks Meter: 0

By nexus856, Junior Member on 22nd January 2019, 06:03 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th October 2019, 07:07 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamuikun

Do you have the files for the Teclast M89 Pro? I've tried but the M89 files don't work on the Pro.
I think it is a similar device, just the CPU on the Pro have 10 cores VS 8.
I have major issue with the stock firmware, RetroArch have huge slowdowns every 3-4 seconds due to a poorly implemented CPU governor I suppose - hoping to fix that with root.
Thanks!

It's not a similar device, it has different, incompatible SoC. I don't have this device. You can get the source of TWRP (it's in the archive), the M89 Pro kernel from the firmware package and try to compile it for M89 Pro.
The Following User Says Thank You to ValdikSS For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ValdikSS Ad-Free
18th October 2019, 07:10 PM |#42  
Thanks Meter: 103

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValdikSS

It's not a similar device, it has different, incompatible SoC. I don't have this device. You can get the source of TWRP (it's in the archive), the M89 Pro kernel from the firmware package and try to compile it for M89 Pro.

I see thanks. This sound too complex for me, hopefully someone will give it a try.
19th October 2019, 05:55 PM |#43  
Flag Moncton
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamuikun

@ValdikSS

Do you have the files for the Teclast M89 Pro? I've tried but the M89 files don't work on the Pro.

I think it is a similar device, just the CPU on the Pro have 10 cores VS 8.

I have major issue with the stock firmware, RetroArch have huge slowdowns every 3-4 seconds due to a poorly implemented CPU governor I suppose - hoping to fix that with root.

Thanks!

I have looked for the rom- unfortunately I haven't been able to find it yet.

---------- Post added at 04:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmlanner

I have looked for the rom- unfortunately I haven't been able to find it yet.

Perhaps Try Alldocube M8 Rom- same SOC and display.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jmlanner For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jmlanner Ad-Free
28th October 2019, 04:59 AM |#44  
Flag Esmeraldas

More
hi, can someone tell me if the rom for the teclast m89 MT8173 is the same for MT8176, because a have several problems with some apps and want to reinstall the stock firmware but i can´t find the rom M89 MT8176, only for MT8173. thanks for your answer.
28th October 2019, 05:07 AM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amlecuatro

hi, can someone tell me if the rom for the teclast m89 MT8173 is the same for MT8176, because a have several problems with some apps and want to reinstall the stock firmware but i can´t find the rom M89 MT8176, only for MT8173. thanks for your answer.

It is.
28th October 2019, 05:13 PM |#46  
Flag Esmeraldas

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValdikSS

It is.

thanks a lot, it worked, i was worried that it would break my tablet.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)