FORUMS

Is there a way to backup build.prop within TiBu?

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By tukusejssirs, Junior Member on 28th June 2020, 02:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I’d like to backup build.prop using TiBu in order to back it up using TiBu? Is that possible?

Thanks for the answers.
28th June 2020, 07:33 PM |#2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by tukusejssirs

I’d like to backup build.prop using TiBu in order to back it up using TiBu? Is that possible?

Thanks for the answers.

Is your device rooted? If so, you can use adb to adb pull a copy of your build.prop file.

Or, you can use any android file manager app that has a "root explorer" option to find your build.prop file and then copy that file and then paste it to the folder of your choice in your internal/external storage on your device or the folder of your choice on PC.

Sent from my SM-S767VL using Tapatalk
29th June 2020, 01:41 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I know how to copy the file to a different location, but I’d like to manage the backups by TiBu. Is it possible?
29th June 2020, 09:20 PM |#4  
Quote:

I know how to copy the file to a different location, but I’d like to manage the backups by TiBu. Is it possible?

I'm not sure, as far as I know, TiBu is becoming deprecated/no longer updated.

30th June 2020, 07:55 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Droidriven

I'm not sure, as far as I know, TiBu is becoming deprecated/no longer updated.

Deprecated? I’ve missed that. Anyway, is there a replacement, like Magisk to SuperSU?
3rd July 2020, 12:24 AM |#6  
Quote:

Deprecated? I’ve missed that. Anyway, is there a replacement, like Magisk to SuperSU?

Try Helium for apps and data, try SMS Backup for text messages and use Google to backup contacts/photos/videos.

4th July 2020, 08:10 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
It looks like Helium development is also stalled (last update on Google Play was on 6 Mar 2019, while TiBu was ‘updated’ on 24 Nov 2019). And I have read the Helium Wiki and I don’t like it doesn’t work in all cases and don’t stuff won’t be fixed. I use Google apps, therefore they must be backup (I know they’re web-apps, but the local settings are not backed up), so for now I’ll stick with TiBu. I am evaluating 3C Toolbox (https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ccc71.at.free) if it would do all the stuff I do in TiBu, but for I now I don’t see any competitive software to TiBu.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)