FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Ulefone Armor 3W/3WT

6 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By l0n34ng3l, Junior Member on 18th September 2019, 09:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello everyone.

This is my first thread, I hope not to break any rules.

Ulefone launched the new Armor 3W and 3WT, like our 3 and 3T, it does have the exact same look and same specs except for the CPU and RAM, our 3 and 3T have the P23 and 4GB of RAM, the new Armor 3W and 3WT have the P70 and 6GB of RAM.

Does any of you had the change to get one and test it out?

I'm curious if the TWRP available to 3 and 3T are compatible with the new 3W/3WT.

Thank you!
24th September 2019, 12:47 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ulefone Armor 3W/3WT
Have you found out anything yet?
28th September 2019, 04:18 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1348

Have you found out anything yet?

Not yet, already bought the Armor 3WT from Banggood and they'll ship on October 13 if not mistaking.

I was hoping for someone that once they have the new 3W and 3WT they will test if the tools available for Armor 3 and 3T will be the same for Armor 3W and 3WT.

It's exactly the same models except for the CPU, RAM and OS, 3 and 3T have Oreo 8.1 and the Armor 3W and 3WT have Pie 9.0.
5th November 2019, 02:36 PM |#4  

More
I'm waiting to buy a 3w also by Aliexpress. I'm searching to see bootloader, twrp and root unlock issue but it's hard to find. I don't know if because it is still launch ..... I hope that in the near future someone can unravel these mysteries
13th November 2019, 11:39 PM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
After almost a month of use I found many bugs software related but didn't find fix yet... Bluetooth keeps randomly disconnecting (I think this is Pie related and not Armor 3WT), the build in "firewall" doesn't work on stopping apps from access the internet, and neither does the build in "power saver" feature, regardless of having such apps on whitelist some of them keeps getting killed in background
25th November 2019, 01:23 AM |#6  
Flag Healesville
Thanks Meter: 2

Donate to Me
More
I have had the Armor 3W for about a month now, after purchasing it as a replacement ffor my previous Armor 3 which wasn't too happy with 80kg landing on it from a height of around a metre. (Didn't break anything externally, just started behaving very oldy!)
The only issue I have found so far is that after a random period of time (from hours to days) the proximity and light sensor stop working. This is frustrating when making/receiving a call due to the screen not turning off. (Yes, some people still use mobile phone to make phone calls! )

I do not believe this to me a hardware issue as it is resolved, at least temporarily, with a power cycle.... (Think Roy from "The IT Crowd": Have you tried turning it off and on again?) It also sems to have been a semi-common on a number of other phones running Android P.

The proximity calibration app, I thought had worked as initially it seemed better, but the sensors have resorted to their old ways.

I have emailed Ulefone Support, but due to previous experience I won't be holding my breath, blue is not really my colour.

Has anyone else experienced this issue with the Armor 3W/WT, and if so does anyone have a solution?

TIA,
Damien
28th November 2019, 04:14 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 40

More
Just got my own Armor 3WT and can confirm the proximity sensor issue. After about a day it stops working and gets stuck on 0 distance which causes the in call screen to go black. Reboot fixes it as mentioned above. For me the built in firewall or "network manager" works as intended from a few short tests. My build number of the rom is "Armor_3WT_RF1_EEA_V01_20190919-1954". Bluetooth also seems to work fine however i have only tested it with an OBD scanner and not for audio or wireless headphones...

Any news about twrp? All i could find are some fake websites with no download link. The bootloader unlocks with "fastboot flashing unlock" which does a factory reset and i tried booting the UMIDIGI S3 Pro twrp as the specs looked pretty close (same soc and ram and resolution) but it does not boot into recovery at all.
28th November 2019, 04:55 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Hello users of this funny phone ...
I have a questions
did You tried apply any ROOT ? like KINGROOT or any familiar without TWRP ?
this smatphone have indicator led ?? ( and blinknig on received unread mails/sms/ and other events ?
what about quality of pictures ? in daylight and flash light and speed of focus ?

Thx for answers .
28th November 2019, 05:05 PM |#9  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noki_tel

Hello users of this funny phone ...
I have a questions
did You tried apply any ROOT ? like KINGROOT or any familiar without TWRP ?
this smatphone have indicator led ?? ( and blinknig on received unread mails/sms/ and other events ?
what about quality of pictures ? in daylight and flash light ?

Thx for answers .

I personally didn't try KINGROOT because the last time i tried it was annoying to deal with and remove. I did look into patching the boot.img with magisk to avoid the need for twrp but first we need the stock rom download which ulefone does not provide yet (probably because the phone is so new). It has a RGB led on the top right. Pictures of the front camera are poor but usable in high light and the back camera is good with flash or light and "medium" when darker. By that i mean that you are able to see the general things in the image when dark but don't expect to be zooming in or reading text without flash.

Another thing worth noting is just how LOUD the speakers are. Watching videos indoors on the lowest volume is already slightly too loud when the room is quiet and notifications/calls are also extremely loud anywhere above the lowest setting. It is much louder than any other phone i ever tried.

EDIT: The camera does allow manual controls of everything including shutter speed with another manual camera app.
The Following User Says Thank You to ml11ML For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ml11ML Ad-Free
28th November 2019, 06:45 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Thx a lot for this information ,
has RGB led , but its working as indicator of messages or only for battery power loading ?

when ROOT will be available I will buy this phone probably ... (this is mandatory requirement with all my smartfones , i cant imagine have smartfone without ROOT)

aaa one more question i forgot
how sim cards and exernal memory is applyiable ? SIM + SIM + MemoryCard ,
or hybrid SIM + SIM / SIM + MemoryCard
28th November 2019, 07:31 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by noki_tel

Thx a lot for this information ,
has RGB led , but its working as indicator of messages or only for battery power loading ?

when ROOT will be available I will buy this phone probably ... (this is mandatory requirement with all my smartfones , i cant imagine have smartfone without ROOT)

aaa one more question i forgot
how sim cards and exernal memory is applyiable ? SIM + SIM + MemoryCard ,
or hybrid SIM + SIM / SIM + MemoryCard

Charging and messages with selectable color. I agree about root however the phone was just too interesting to wait for root. I mostly need it to delete the gapps and google services as i don't use them so i can live with it for now. It has 2 sim cards and a micro SD card each in their own connector under the metal plate on the back so all 3 at once are possible.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo_2019-11-27_09-39-31.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	148.0 KB
ID:	4889141  
The Following User Says Thank You to ml11ML For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ml11ML Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)