Thanks Meter: 1

By l0n34ng3l, Junior Member on 18th September 2019, 09:06 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st December 2019, 09:35 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ml11ML

EDIT: It works in TWRP just not in android. I suspect this is due to apps trying to remount /system but the phone actually has files in /system/system/ (2 folders one in another).

It works perfect for me but Im using treble Android 10 (AOSP by phh) due to red text on my stock firmware.
Quote:

EDIT2: Don't try to restore a twrp backup if you have any important data, for me it caused the phone to go black screen and reboot as soon as it goes past the first few seconds of the Orange State logo to try and load the system.

I didn't try to restore data and user partitions but other works good for me.
1st December 2019, 09:54 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safg13

It works perfect for me but Im using treble Android 10 (AOSP by phh) due to red text on my stock firmware.

I didn't try to restore data and user partitions but other works good for me.

Could you tell us a bit about the process? What did you wipe and so on... before flashing and what needed to be done to get it working.
2nd December 2019, 06:40 PM |#23  

More
Tested the Android 10 AOSP from phh and also the android 10 lineage os and they both worked great but they both had unreasonably high idle battery drain (over 200ma!!!! with screen off) which kind of negates the entire idea of this phone by turning the battery life into that of a normal smartphone so i do think we have to wait for some work to be done with those roms. I did however find out that i could recover from my bootloop caused by the twrp restore by taking the system.img out of the stock firmware files from the link posted earlier and flashing it in twrp.
6th December 2019, 07:29 PM |#24  

More
Quote:

Tested the Android 10 AOSP from phh and also the android 10 lineage os and they both worked great but they both had unreasonably high idle battery drain (over 200ma!!!! with screen off) which kind of negates the entire idea of this phone by turning the battery life into that of a normal smartphone so i do think we have to wait for some work to be done with those roms. I did however find out that i could recover from my bootloop caused by the twrp restore by taking the system.img out of the stock firmware files from the link posted earlier and flashing it in twrp.

Try Havoc OS 3.0 with bitgapps is really awesome. Battery drain is something around -19 ma/hour (3c toolbox info)
17th December 2019, 12:07 AM |#25  

More
Quote:

Try Havoc OS 3.0 with bitgapps is really awesome. Battery drain is something around -19 ma/hour (3c toolbox info)

Havoc OS 3.0 for me has weird phone bugs, in one install i could not make or get calls at all only data and sms and in another install a few days after i could make calls but not receive them. Lineage os works reliably and the gpu performance is great in games. I have diagnosed the screen off drain to be the WIFI which when turned off drops the screen off usage to 30MA. This is not a big deal for me as i don't have wifi and rarely use it but i do need calls to work reliably. Bluetooth does not cause drains.

Also i have the red text on top too now on the stock rom. I think it was caused by using "download + format all" in sp flash tool instead of "download only" which worked fine when i tried earlier. So to anyone reading this do not use the format option in sp flash tool just download when flashing stock rom or you get a permanent red chinese watermark on the top right over any display in the stock rom. This as was confirmed before does not do anything for custom roms which work fine. I will try to get the intercom app for the built in radio working soon on custom roms if i can figure out how to transfer it from the stock rom without causing a crash. It is the only thing keeping the 3WT from being fully usable in android 10.

A random fun thing i found is very doable with such a large battery is to keep it well within the center region of the state of charge which greatly decreases the amount of wear on the battery over a long time. So i have been using mine until 40 or 30% and then charging it from my laptop usb port over night and the slow charge usually gets it to around 70% by the time i wake up. This lets me use it for about 2 days comfortably until it gets to or below 40% again. It is not needed at all, especially with a new phone and such a large battery to take any steps to protect the long term battery life but i just thought it is pretty cool what you can do when you have 10000mah.
17th December 2019, 11:54 AM |#26  

More
Quote:

Havoc OS 3.0 for me has weird phone bugs, in one install i could not make or get calls at all only data and sms and in another install a few days after i could make calls but not receive them. Lineage os works reliably and the gpu performance is great in games. I have diagnosed the screen off drain to be the WIFI which when turned off drops the screen off usage to 30MA. This is not a big deal for me as i don't have wifi and rarely use it but i do need calls to work reliably. Bluetooth does not cause drains.

Also i have the red text on top too now on the stock rom. I think it was caused by using "download + format all" in sp flash tool instead of "download only" which worked fine when i tried earlier. So to anyone reading this do not use the format option in sp flash tool just download when flashing stock rom or you get a permanent red chinese watermark on the top right over any display in the stock rom. This as was confirmed before does not do anything for custom roms which work fine. I will try to get the intercom app for the built in radio working soon on custom roms if i can figure out how to transfer it from the stock rom without causing a crash. It is the only thing keeping the 3WT from being fully usable in android 10.

A random fun thing i found is very doable with such a large battery is to keep it well within the center region of the state of charge which greatly decreases the amount of wear on the battery over a long time. So i have been using mine until 40 or 30% and then charging it from my laptop usb port over night and the slow charge usually gets it to around 70% by the time i wake up. This lets me use it for about 2 days comfortably until it gets to or below 40% again. It is not needed at all, especially with a new phone and such a large battery to take any steps to protect the long term battery life but i just thought it is pretty cool what you can do when you have 10000mah.

I've installed Havoc OS 3.0 using a dirty flash way. You need to flash stock firmware and finish google settings. Then you need to flash havoc system.img and install gapps (bitgapps in my case). This way working perfect for me. Additionally you can have a problem with IMEI's after download + format all. It could cause errors with data and sms. You should use SN writer tool which you can find on official ulefone firmware store in power 6 directory. I restored Tee key using that way but I didnt find the way to restore google key. I didnt spend a lot of time of thinking about it but I think it is possible to delete this red watermark via root and service manager. It is common problem on ulefone phones and some others. And about battery yes I do it same way, using it 2-3 days and then charging from usb over night.
17th December 2019, 04:01 PM |#27  
Flag Healesville
Thanks Meter: 4

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just got my own Armor 3WT and can confirm the proximity sensor issue. After about a day it stops working and gets stuck on 0 distance which causes the in call screen to go black. Reboot fixes it as mentioned above. For me the built in firewall or "network manager" works as intended from a few short tests. My build number of the rom is "Armor_3WT_RF1_EEA_V01_20190919-1954". Bluetooth also seems to work fine however i have only tested it with an OBD scanner and not for audio or wireless headphones...

Hi ml11ML,
Meant to reply earlier but life has been too hectic lately!
Just checked my phone, build number is Armor_3W_RF1_EEA_V01_20191018-1432.

I have not had any issues with Bluetooth, be it audio (speakers, earphones), connecting with the head unit in my car, OBD dongle or solar charge controller. From my experience it is very stable in this regard.

However I am still having the issue with the proximity and light sensor. While it isn't the end of the world, it is annoying.... have you had any luck with finding a solution? (I haven't)

Kind regards,
17th December 2019, 04:28 PM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by damien0505

Hi ml11ML,
Meant to reply earlier but life has been too hectic lately!
Just checked my phone, build number is Armor_3W_RF1_EEA_V01_20191018-1432.

I have not had any issues with Bluetooth, be it audio (speakers, earphones), connecting with the head unit in my car, OBD dongle or solar charge controller. From my experience it is very stable in this regard.

However I am still having the issue with the proximity and light sensor. While it isn't the end of the world, it is annoying.... have you had any luck with finding a solution? (I haven't)

Kind regards,

Hi, yeah the sensors die on the stock rom and the only thing to do is use some app to reboot the phone each night. I haven't had them die on custom roms yet. As for the earlier complaining about Havoc OS it turns out there is a new version which i obviously have not seen until now which works perfectly even with calls on a clean install with everything including internal storage wiped (i didn't try with gapps as i don't use them but it should work). I think it is the best rom for this phone. Sadly i can not figure out how to get the stupid proprietary Intercom app out of the stock rom into any custom rom. At best it appears in the apps menu but won't start and at worst i cant get it to appear or install at all. Obviously this won't apply to your 3W and even i dont have much use for the radio but it is a feature and ideally i would like to have the option to use it.
7th January 2020, 02:20 PM |#29  
Flag Healesville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I've installed Havoc OS 3.0 using a dirty flash way. You need to flash stock firmware and finish google settings. Then you need to flash havoc system.img and install gapps (bitgapps in my case). This way working perfect for me. Additionally you can have a problem with IMEI's after download + format all. It could cause errors with data and sms. You should use SN writer tool which you can find on official ulefone firmware store in power 6 directory. I restored Tee key using that way but I didnt find the way to restore google key. I didnt spend a lot of time of thinking about it but I think it is possible to delete this red watermark via root and service manager. It is common problem on ulefone phones and some others. And about battery yes I do it same way, using it 2-3 days and then charging from usb over night.

Are you able to write a short process flow for performing this Safg?
All this Treble and GSI stuff is new to me!
9th January 2020, 09:16 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Any solution to the proximity sensor issue? My armor 3w proximity sensor doesn't work at all. It stopped working within a day of owning the phone and since then i tried rebooting, reset to factory and its a no go. Maybe I should send ulefone an email and try to replace the phone under warranty?
11th January 2020, 04:20 AM |#31  
Flag Healesville

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by petrjanda

Any solution to the proximity sensor issue? My armor 3w proximity sensor doesn't work at all. It stopped working within a day of owning the phone and since then i tried rebooting, reset to factory and its a no go. Maybe I should send ulefone an email and try to replace the phone under warranty?

It has been determined to be a software issue. Unfortunately sending it back under warranty won't help. Read back through the thread, best option appears to be installing a different OS.
The Following User Says Thank You to damien0505 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift damien0505 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)