By vaderag, Senior Member on 7th February 2019, 03:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th February 2019, 03:36 PM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJStubbsy

Have you managed to find a better camera app? I've been looking for an equivalent phone from
https://www.xda-developers.com/google-camera-port-hub/
but can't seem to find one.

I had a system update pretty early on and I've got gestures working on my F1. Have you been able to resolve this issue? If not, maybe try searching for system updates from the phone.

I was doing exactly the same. Tried every port (or at least I believe I did) from that thread of Google camera and not getting anything working sadly

Other camera apps aren't doing much for me!

The stock one is fine but I occasionally get done colour washing

Re. Gestures, thats interesting. I've not had an update that gives me that option and searching doesn't find anything

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk
11th February 2019, 03:40 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

Have you managed to find a better camera app? I've been looking for an equivalent phone from
https://www.xda-developers.com/google-camera-port-hub/
but can't seem to find one.

I had a system update pretty early on and I've got gestures working on my F1. Have you been able to resolve this issue? If not, maybe try searching for system updates from the phone.

Does this version match yours?Attachment 4703654Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190211-153913.jpeg
Views:	728
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	4703655

11th February 2019, 07:16 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I do have that Gestures setting but the one you mentioned where you swipe up to go home/back etc is in Smart Assistant > Buttons and its called Slippery Gesture.

I've had some joy with Google Camera as well! Try this: -
https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidQues...or_umidigi_z2/

Its for the Z2 but it installed fine for me.
11th February 2019, 07:47 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

I do have that Gestures setting but the one you mentioned where you swipe up to go home/back etc is in Smart Assistant > Buttons and its called Slippery Gesture.

I've had some joy with Google Camera as well! Try this: -
https://www.reddit.com/r/AndroidQues...or_umidigi_z2/

Its for the Z2 but it installed fine for me.

Ah, no, the one I mentioned should be in the screen I showed (it is on my MiA1, and is where all the pie guides list it) - it's slightly different to the one you list (which I'm guessing is something custom for Umidigi or a precursor perhaps!)

That camera works for me, thanks for the link, but it's a really old version on Google Camera (2.4!), and I'm not sure it's adding much over the stock. In fact doesn't seem to be any way to get to the gallery even from it unless I'm being dim!
Will keep holding out for a port of the latest Google camera that works!

11th February 2019, 08:17 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderag

Ah, no, the one I mentioned should be in the screen I showed (it is on my MiA1, and is where all the pie guides list it) - it's slightly different to the one you list (which I'm guessing is something custom for Umidigi or a precursor perhaps!)

That camera works for me, thanks for the link, but it's a really old version on Google Camera (2.4!), and I'm not sure it's adding much over the stock. In fact doesn't seem to be any way to get to the gallery even from it unless I'm being dim!
Will keep holding out for a port of the latest Google camera that works!

You get to the gallery by swiping from the right but I'd have to agree with you that it doesn't improve the image quality, which I'm pretty impressed with in all fairness. The Panorama and Photo Sphere is pretty good though, but I don't see me using those much. I'd be really interested if you do manage to find a worthwhile camera app, so please post if you do. I read somewhere that 'A Better Camera' app is pretty good, even if it does sound crap but haven't tried yet.

Good luck finding the Gestures you want. Strangely the 'Slippery Gestures' I mentioned doesn't show up in a search, so maybe what your looking for is hidden there somewhere; albeit not where it should be
11th February 2019, 08:34 PM |#16  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:

You get to the gallery by swiping from the right but I'd have to agree with you that it doesn't improve the image quality, which I'm pretty impressed with in all fairness. The Panorama and Photo Sphere is pretty good though, but I don't see me using those much. I'd be really interested if you do manage to find a worthwhile camera app, so please post if you do. I read somewhere that 'A Better Camera' app is pretty good, even if it does sound crap but haven't tried yet.

Good luck finding the Gestures you want. Strangely the 'Slippery Gestures' I mentioned doesn't show up in a search, so maybe what your looking for is hidden there somewhere; albeit not where it should be

Just tried 90% of the versions I can find here: https://www.xda-developers.com/google-camera-port-hub/

No dice sadly

12th February 2019, 02:36 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Has anyone gotten root?
12th February 2019, 05:00 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
I have unlocked bootloader, install Twrp, but I dont get to install Magisk. I think there is a problem with encription. Format data and decrypted, install magisk zip and no verity but when reboot phone encrypted and no magisk installed.
Only I get is twrp and open bootloader pernanently.

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A6013 mediante Tapatalk
12th February 2019, 05:52 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlubber

What's the status of the bootloader on these devices? Is it already unlocked?

Umidigi phones are unlockable out of the box with just the OEM unlock command via ADB/Fastboot, and while I haven't seen it confirmed, odds are that this phone is no different.

The real question is going to be whether we see any development for it on XDA. I'm seriously considering buying an F1, but since you really can't rely on first-party software updates for these Chinese no-name devices, I'm holding off to see if it gets some love here on XDA.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to snakeharmer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift snakeharmer Ad-Free
12th February 2019, 06:23 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeharmer

Umidigi phones are unlockable out of the box with just the OEM unlock command via ADB/Fastboot, and while I haven't seen it confirmed, odds are that this phone is no different.

The real question is going to be whether we see any development for it on XDA. I'm seriously considering buying an F1, but since you really can't rely on first-party software updates for these Chinese no-name devices, I'm holding off to see if it gets some love here on XDA.

Right. I have unlocked it with adb..... Fastboot flashing unlock.
There is Twrp and decrypted zip file, but this seems dont work. When reboot to system phone are encrypted and magisk flashed without error in twrp dont work in the Rom

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A6013 mediante Tapatalk
12th February 2019, 08:57 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeharmer

Exactly my thoughts. The phone looks really good (especially that insane battery..), but some future software would be nice.

Anyone got ideas on the battery llife?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-f1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)