Thanks Meter: 22

By vaderag, Senior Member on 7th February 2019, 03:33 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th February 2019, 08:57 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeharmer

Umidigi phones are unlockable out of the box with just the OEM unlock command via ADB/Fastboot, and while I haven't seen it confirmed, odds are that this phone is no different.

The real question is going to be whether we see any development for it on XDA. I'm seriously considering buying an F1, but since you really can't rely on first-party software updates for these Chinese no-name devices, I'm holding off to see if it gets some love here on XDA.

Exactly my thoughts. The phone looks really good (especially that insane battery..), but some future software would be nice.

Anyone got ideas on the battery llife?

12th February 2019, 09:01 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSquad

Exactly my thoughts. The phone looks really good (especially that insane battery..), but some future software would be nice.

Battery life is superb.

Just looking at status right now, I've had 14hrs since last charge with 4 hours SOT and I'm still at 60% and estimated to last until 17.00 tomorrow (it's 21.00 now)

Sent from my F1 using Tapatalk
13th February 2019, 06:07 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Finally I have rooted it with Magisk!!!
If there are People interested I will post method. Flashtools and Magisk 17.3 required. Dont work with 18.X.
Safetynet pass too

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A6013 mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to gargamelxda For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift gargamelxda Ad-Free
14th February 2019, 02:48 AM |#24  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
I'm looking to buy this phone and wanted to know if it worked with at&t prepaid
14th February 2019, 04:30 AM |#25  
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterlubber

What's the status of the bootloader on these devices? Is it already unlocked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderag

No idea on bootloader

Managed to get v26 of the Google Dialler with bubbles to replace dialer. Looking for better camera app now

Bootloader is locked out of the box, but doesn't verify signatures before booting (so SPFT can be used to bypass the locked bootloader), it is also unlockable in a Nexus-like fashion if you want fastboot support.

---------- Post added at 09:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weegee1

I'm looking to buy this phone and wanted to know if it worked with at&t prepaid

It'll work with any US carrier, this phone's got amazing LTE band support.

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:00 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevSquad

Battery life is good, but the power management software is a little too aggressive for my liking. When I have time to do full benchmarks (with my usual optimizations, including limiting the aggressive power saving) I'll post more info.

---------- Post added at 09:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Quote:

Does this version match yours?Attachment 4703654Attachment 4703655

The Android Pie navigation is part of the stock launcher that Google ships on Pixel and Android One phones, it's not actually built into Android. I haven't tried getting it working on the F1 yet, but it does have it's own implementation of fullscreen swipe-up gestures in Smart Assistant

EDIT: I'm not actually positive about that first part. Either way, it's something that's not included here.

---------- Post added at 09:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortsYoungster

Has anyone gotten root?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gargamelxda

I have unlocked bootloader, install Twrp, but I dont get to install Magisk. I think there is a problem with encription. Format data and decrypted, install magisk zip and no verity but when reboot phone encrypted and no magisk installed.
Only I get is twrp and open bootloader pernanently.

For root you need to use Magisk 17.3, it doesn't work with Magisk 18+ (not good, hoping we find out why soon). To remove encryption you must Format Data in TWRP and then flash this zip BEFORE booting back to Android: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...crypt-t3817389

---------- Post added at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeharmer

Umidigi phones are unlockable out of the box with just the OEM unlock command via ADB/Fastboot, and while I haven't seen it confirmed, odds are that this phone is no different.

The real question is going to be whether we see any development for it on XDA. I'm seriously considering buying an F1, but since you really can't rely on first-party software updates for these Chinese no-name devices, I'm holding off to see if it gets some love here on XDA.

Correct, but you must visit the settings and enable OEM unlocking first, and the command is "fastboot flashing unlock" for this one. Also the bootloader doesn't verify signatures if it's locked so all this really does is allow you to use fastboot to flash things. SPFT also works so this is insecure but on the bright side it means the phone is virtually unbrickable. I would love to see XDA add a forum for the device. I'll also be working on it a bit.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ColtonDRG For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ColtonDRG Ad-Free
14th February 2019, 07:40 AM |#26  
OP Senior Member

More
Power management is fine if you turn off the on by standard Duraspeed.
This basically shuts down all background tasks unless whitelisted

Even with that off I'm easily getting two days

14th February 2019, 09:38 AM |#27  
Quote:

Power management is fine if you turn off the on by standard Duraspeed.
This basically shuts down all background tasks unless whitelisted

Even with that off I'm easily getting two days

DuraSpeed is not the thing that's murdering my tasks, friend. I froze it and something is still killing everything and disabling my accessibility services (OW!) whenever my phone slips into deep sleep. I've set everything important to not optimized as well. Battery manager off (not really sure what that does? Is it like Adaptive Battery on Google Android?). It's stupidly even killing YouTube when the screen turns off (sometimes). Not cool. Just turned off "Standby intelligent power saving", that's my current suspect. After we manage to get all these weird enhancements disabled, we might be left with a sorta OK Android ROM. Also would be great to find out why Magisk 18+ won't root it. :/

EDIT: I totally overlooked the DuraSpeed menu in the Settings. It's entirely possible that freezing the app just disabled that settings menu but didn't actually disable the system service for it. Turned that off and re-froze DuraSpeed. I'm still suspicious of that standby intelligent power saving though.
16th February 2019, 12:47 AM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Quote:

If there are People interested I will post method. Flashtools and Magisk 17.3 required. Dont work with 18.X.
Safetynet pass too

I am interested in getting the bootloader unlocked. Putting the command "adb devices" into PowerShell lists the F1, but when I use "adb reboot bootloader", it reboots to fastboot mode but isn't recognized.
16th February 2019, 05:02 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Safetynet pass too

Could you write up a full guide?
16th February 2019, 10:47 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veiran

I am interested in getting the bootloader unlocked. Putting the command "adb devices" into PowerShell lists the F1, but when I use "adb reboot bootloader", it reboots to fastboot mode but isn't recognized.

I have same problem.... You must install mtk drivers for the device. Can find it in needrom.

Enviado desde mi F1 mediante Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 11:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortsYoungster

Could you write up a full guide?

Now I have no time... This weekend I will do it.

Enviado desde mi F1 mediante Tapatalk
16th February 2019, 12:28 PM |#31  
OP Senior Member

More
I'm getting colour washout on photos, anyone else getting this? It's like is odd saturation in areas of the photo...

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
umidigi-f1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)