FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

unlock Android box with restricted use to one IPTV app

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By kiwibird, Junior Member on 16th October 2016, 08:45 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All

I have my android box that is very restricted, I cant add any apk, I cant even add a google account it just crashes, File browser is not available EVEN internet browser, only four applications showing: ATN iptv, Dev Tools, Music, Download (which is empty), and Settings. I can reset the device to factory but it will come back exactly the same. I can use toothpick button but it will give an image of (Android with error sign) then will continue as normal to home screen. it run jelly bean firmware. 4.2.2 build number ATN-1.0.6 2016-09-26 242441.
What can I do now? I need to be able to add any apk package I like, when I connect USB stick nothing happens...

16th October 2016, 01:58 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 429

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibird

Hi All

I have my android box that is very restricted, I cant add any apk, I cant even add a google account it just crashes, File browser is not available EVEN internet browser, only four applications showing: ATN iptv, Dev Tools, Music, Download (which is empty), and Settings. I can reset the device to factory but it will come back exactly the same. I can use toothpick button but it will give an image of (Android with error sign) then will continue as normal to home screen. it run jelly bean firmware. 4.2.2 build number ATN-1.0.6 2016-09-26 242441.
What can I do now? I need to be able to add any apk package I like, when I connect USB stick nothing happens...

Does debug usb work? Or something like Fastboot/ADB?
The Following User Says Thank You to 4Freedom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 4Freedom Ad-Free
18th October 2016, 08:02 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
I connected the box to the computer with USB cable (both ends the same) but nothing happened. I wish it was as simple as PC, formating and re install Android OS lol.
not sure about Fastboot or ADB.

Unknown source option is ticked, but like I said nothing happens when I insert a USB. cant even download from net or open any browser.
21st October 2016, 02:19 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
New update received, problem fixed, Thanks guys.
3rd March 2017, 08:44 AM |#5  
Flag Malmo

More
Atn box
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwibird

New update received, problem fixed, Thanks guys.

Hi

I have samme ATNbox, (and others called atn gold/platinum) have you tried to use another android version on the box? I am facing same issue, canĀ“t add any app or change Android version.

Could you please tell me what you did to make it work?

Thanks
18th August 2017, 10:38 AM |#6  

More
Need help please
I have an Androide box named ISatPlus, I was subscribed to iptv in 2015 but not anymore.
The box has received an update from ATN and now am not able to install KODI or any other application. The system keep deleting all new application I install.
I cant even install new firmware it fails after few sconds. Anyone can help or suggest a solution?

The CPU is a dual core ARM Cortex-A7, and the platform is BIGFISH???

thank you
11th April 2018, 10:54 AM |#7  

More
hello how can you roast atn boxes?
Thank you
15th May 2019, 09:40 PM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
this is an old thread, however, if anyone still interested in reprogramming "most" of the ATN boxes, there is a way to customize it and make it a basic android box which you can use normally with any app, however most ATN receivers are very old and not compatible with newer versions of android, only android 4.x.x depending on the box you have
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)