FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unlocking my ZTE MF920W+

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By aiye11, Junior Member on 27th February 2018, 11:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have ZTE MF920W+ LTE Ufi modem, I had been trying to unlock it but all effort was futile, I tried all forums but haven't met anything similar at all. Without unlocking it, I'm unable to change from 4G, 3G nor Edge but all on automatic. I tried using the unlock code but realized it accepts 16 codes and not 12, a friend tried buying the code for me but none of the codes worked. Please help ASAP.

14th April 2018, 10:03 PM |#2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiye11

I have ZTE MF920W+ LTE Ufi modem, I had been trying to unlock it but all effort was futile, I tried all forums but haven't met anything similar at all. Without unlocking it, I'm unable to change from 4G, 3G nor Edge but all on automatic. I tried using the unlock code but realized it accepts 16 codes and not 12, a friend tried buying the code for me but none of the codes worked. Please help ASAP.

Hello, I am currently connected to the web using a AT&T ZTE MF923 that I bought brand new from Best Buy. The device was considered GoPhone which is a prepay. I did not ever activate the device with AT&T, I immediately requested the unlock code. The response I got was *we cannot provide you with the unlock code for this device because it has been flagged as fraudulent. I assumed that the reason this happened was that the device came in a box IMEI id printed next to the product barcode on the outside of the package for anyone to see. AT&T does not want people to but these things then unlock them without opening the package and then sell them online as "unlocked device." So I went to unlockbase.com and paid 5 dollars for them to send me a code. I paid right before bed and woke up and plugged the code in before I had to leave for work. Now my ZTE MF923 Hotspot device works on Project Fi with a Data-only Sim I had ordered from project fi.

How to unlock:
You cannot unlock the device it's self using it's touch screen interface. You must do 2 things to get unlocking to work.
1. You must have a working SIM card from another Carrier. You can't activate the SIM on this device AS you try to unlock. Ask a friend to borrow their SIM card. This device uses Micro SIM so I had to have a Nano-SIM to Micro-SIM adapter. As long as the SIM you insert is activated on a completely different carrier from the one the device is locked to (mine was ATT so I put my Project Fi phone-plan SIM into it). Insert your SIM.
2. Once you have inserted your sim you need to connect to a computer with a USB cable. Allow any drivers to install automatically.
3. Open your web browser and visit 192.168.1.1
When you plug in via USB it should kick you offline from whatever other internet you have set up. When you visit this page, this is the device setup page AND the router settings page. Once you access the HotSpot settings page WITH a SIM from a different carrier..... You get promoet to type in your unlock code. Mine unlocked on the first try and now works well!!!!!
3rd May 2018, 02:49 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
ZTE unlock
Quote:
Originally Posted by KirkH420

Hello, I am currently connected to the web using a AT&T ZTE MF923 that I bought brand new from Best Buy. The device was considered GoPhone which is a prepay. I did not ever activate the device with AT&T, I immediately requested the unlock code. The response I got was *we cannot provide you with the unlock code for this device because it has been flagged as fraudulent. I assumed that the reason this happened was that the device came in a box IMEI id printed next to the product barcode on the outside of the package for anyone to see. AT&T does not want people to but these things then unlock them without opening the package and then sell them online as "unlocked device." So I went to unlockbase.com and paid 5 dollars for them to send me a code. I paid right before bed and woke up and plugged the code in before I had to leave for work. Now my ZTE MF923 Hotspot device works on Project Fi with a Data-only Sim I had ordered from project fi.

How to unlock:
You cannot unlock the device it's self using it's touch screen interface. You must do 2 things to get unlocking to work.
1. You must have a working SIM card from another Carrier. You can't activate the SIM on this device AS you try to unlock. Ask a friend to borrow their SIM card. This device uses Micro SIM so I had to have a Nano-SIM to Micro-SIM adapter. As long as the SIM you insert is activated on a completely different carrier from the one the device is locked to (mine was ATT so I put my Project Fi phone-plan SIM into it). Insert your SIM.
2. Once you have inserted your sim you need to connect to a computer with a USB cable. Allow any drivers to install automatically.
3. Open your web browser and visit 192.168.1.1
When you plug in via USB it should kick you offline from whatever other internet you have set up. When you visit this page, this is the device setup page AND the router settings page. Once you access the HotSpot settings page WITH a SIM from a different carrier..... You get promoet to type in your unlock code. Mine unlocked on the first try and now works well!!!!!

please how do i get the unlock code for ZTE mf920W+?
9th September 2018, 06:52 PM |#4  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cokroyal

please how do i get the unlock code for ZTE mf920W+?

Sorry for the delayed response.
To receive the unlock code for this device, I first tried requesting it dro. ATT and technically they were supposed to give it to me but they did not. There is some type of rule they have that states that if you buy a prepaid device for AT&T you must have the device in service for a minimum of 12 months before they will let you have an unlock code. But they're supposed to be a loophole in that if you never actually activated the device with AT&T, they're supposed to let you have the unlock code. However they did not. I actually purchased this device with the intention of unlocking it. I never did activate it......so

I went to one of those large carrier unlock websites who will sell you the code for about $5. This does work. There are quite a few of those companies out there who do that so I can't even remember who it was that I went through. just make sure that you research the company you're buying from and you'll have success.
24th December 2018, 07:30 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I have successfully unlocked this device for unlock contact me my fb id
https://www.facebook.com/MindkillerNVD
17th May 2019, 07:17 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 46

Donate to Me
More
Does anybody have the unbranded original firmware for MF920W+ (MF920WPLUS) ? google finds it only on paid sites (really?!)
18th May 2019, 10:59 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 46

Donate to Me
More
Nevermind...
Solved.
  • Unlocked.
  • Rooted.
  • Unbranded.
  • Fully customized.
And not only this but all family of lte devices.
13th August 2019, 06:23 PM |#8  
Flag Bengahzi
Thanks Meter: 19

More
How plz
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)