FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Up Volume button not working when trying to unlock Bootloader

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By ninclemdo, Junior Member on 4th August 2016, 04:34 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am able to connect my phone (BLU STUDIO 6.0 HD) to my computer and use ADB, then type in fastboot oem unlock. However, when I try to use my Volume Up button in order to select to unlock the bootloader, it wont work. Only the Volume Down button is working, which cancels the command. I am doing this in order to get a custom recovery and in turn get CyanogenMod working. I've been working on this all day and have found no solution. I would appreciate any help.
23rd July 2017, 02:10 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
volume up not working in bootloader
I am able to connect my phone (lenovo vibe c2 k10a40) to my computer and use ADB, then type in fastboot oem unlock. However, when I try to use my Volume Up button in order to select to unlock the bootloader, it wont work. Only the Volume Down button is working, which cancels the command. I am doing this in order to get a custom recovery and in turn get CyanogenMod working. I've been working on this all day and have found no solution. I would appreciate any help.

I'm sorry for my English, I'm brazilian
23rd April 2018, 04:15 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
same here im on a figo gravity x55l i sent in a ticket to figo support and they just ignored it but anyway
i tried
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot oem unlock-go
and also activating oem unlock in dev settings and doing fastboot methods again...nothing
i looked up that a phone unlocks its bootloader by enableing oem unlock in dev settings and doing a format and still nothing

---------- Post added at 03:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:56 PM ----------

has anyone tried with a headset with volume buttons? i know it is crazy but i dont have a pair to try lol
5th May 2018, 05:21 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 6

Donate to Me
More
GREAT NEWS I MANAGED TO GET ROOT WITHOUT UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER ALL YOU NEED IS TO
1.download your firmware and extract it
2.extract the boot.img from the firmware and put it on your phone REMEMBER WHERE YOU PUT IT SINCE YOU WILL NEED THIS!
3download magiskmanager install it and open it.
4click install and choose the boot.img it will install magisk into it
5.put it back in your firmware folder on your pc
6 look for a file that says Checksum_gen and run it
7 once that completes use spflash tool and load your scatterfile and flash JUST THE BOOT.IMG wait for the reboot and you have root!
THANK YOU DEVELOPERS OF MAGISKMANAGER!
18th November 2018, 01:17 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP6RK

GREAT NEWS I MANAGED TO GET ROOT WITHOUT UNLOCKING THE BOOTLOADER ALL YOU NEED IS TO
2.extract the boot.img from the firmware and put it on your phone REMEMBER WHERE YOU PUT IT SINCE YOU WILL NEED THIS!
7 once that completes use spflash tool and load your scatterfile and flash JUST THE BOOT.IMG wait for the reboot and you have root!

I'm new to mediatek and I have the same problem volume up won't unlock bootloader. I had the same idea you did and hopefully you can help.

First off I'm not sure I have the right firmware I have a Blu studio m5 plus is what the box says. The stock recovery calls it Blu dash xl when I look up firmware for Blu studio m5 plus it has one from need rom and you need to pay for an account to download. If you look up the dash xl firmware I was able to find it free and its specs match my phone I think it's the right firmware. If I patch the boot img from magisk. I need help with flashing with sp flash tool. Did you replace the actual boot img from the firmware with the new patched boot img or did you just load the new boot img from another folder. See I don't know what the Android scatter file really does. Does the boot img have to be in the same folder as firmware to flash because the scatter file finds that folder or not? And help with the checksum gen I'm unfamiliar how do I use it? What does it do? How do I use it to verify?
19th November 2018, 04:34 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Quote:

You need to try twrp porter from hovatek YouTube channel you can flash twrp without unlocking the bootloader.
https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-21839.html

I first made a backup with Wwr tool from hovatek without having root or unlocking bootloader then I patched my bootimg with magisk. Copied the boot img and scater file that Wwr tool also makes into a folder flashed the patched boot Img with S P flash tool rebooted was rooted with magisk. Then I used twrp booter and it takes like 3 minutes to make you a twrp out of your backup you get from Wwr tool. Without any work I just hit 6 enter puts out twrp recovery and I flashed that with s p flash tool rebooted directly into twrp recovery from phone off and it works great. With a locked bootloader.
8th October 2019, 10:52 PM |#7  
lagos
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:

Thank you so much for this guide, really worked like a charm. Been having troubles with flashing from fastboot mode due to button trouble.

Many thanks!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)