1 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By finalxhours, Junior Member on 4th May 2017, 11:05 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th May 2018, 05:04 PM |#31  
Flag Greenville, S.C. USA
Thanks Meter: 643

More
The device can be put into a sort of fastboot mode by powering off and then holding power and volume up until the ftm mode screen appears. From there root may be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonecapone

Those are sites with adlocker based surveys. 60% of them are all bullsh*t and don't give you what you want. The one you're talking about i'm almost certain is bullsh*t. Don't waste your time on it.

Those adlocker based systems do make some good revenue. hehe

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Also seeing as ftm is accessible. This command in adb with device plugged in and detected should disable write protection on the system.

adb reboot disemmcwp

Now you dont need to be in ftm to run this. Just that seeing as ftm mode is on the device,root should be possible.
30th May 2018, 12:29 AM |#32  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis1973

The device can be put into a sort of fastboot mode by powering off and then holding power and volume up until the ftm mode screen appears. From there root may be possible.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Also seeing as ftm is accessible. This command in adb with device plugged in and detected should disable write protection on the system.

adb reboot disemmcwp

Now you dont need to be in ftm to run this. Just that seeing as ftm mode is on the device,root should be possible.

YOURE ONTO SOMETHING!! lol i tried the command and it rebooted so i tried adb root and it didnt give me the bs you cant do that response. stopped there and looked around on how to manually root it and get a custom recovery but nm luck. any other suggestions? lol ive been following this for a whileee now. EDIT ok after a little more research it looks like ill wait lol twrp is unavoidable and I dont have the time to port one so on that note fml
30th May 2018, 01:53 PM |#33  

More
If the device rebooted after the command the bootloader should be unlocked. But unable to confirm. Maybe try kingroot kingo and kingroot to see if either will give you root. If the system is indeed freed from write protection then root should be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonecapone

Those are sites with adlocker based surveys. 60% of them are all bullsh*t and don't give you what you want. The one you're talking about i'm almost certain is bullsh*t. Don't waste your time on it.

Those adlocker based systems do make some good revenue. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaGodfather

YOURE ONTO SOMETHING!! lol i tried the command and it rebooted so i tried adb root and it didnt give me the bs you cant do that response. stopped there and looked around on how to manually root it and get a custom recovery but nm luck. any other suggestions? lol ive been following this for a whileee now. EDIT ok after a little more research it looks like ill wait lol twrp is unavoidable and I dont have the time to port one so on that note fml

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

fastboot commands should work in ftm mode. But that's a guess. Worth a try to see if using the unlock bootloader commands will work. If so twrp is possible. Also I notice reboot to bootloader is in the recovery menu although it just rebooted me without entering ftm. So not sure. Will keep digging. A system dump might be useful.
1st June 2018, 02:02 PM |#34  

More
okay. actual download mode on this device is accessed by powering off then holding volume up plus volume down and power until you see the home circle light up with a fee blinks then stays on. there will be nothing on screen. after entering download mode,connect to pc and see if the device is recognized by adb and/or Windows. if so you can check to see if fastboot commands work and retry the command posted above to remove write protection to the device.
12th June 2018, 10:30 PM |#35  

More
Quote:

okay. actual download mode on this device is accessed by powering off then holding volume up plus volume down and power until you see the home circle light up with a fee blinks then stays on. there will be nothing on screen. after entering download mode,connect to pc and see if the device is recognized by adb and/or Windows. if so you can check to see if fastboot commands work and retry the command posted above to remove write protection to the device.

In download mode, the device doesn't get recognized by adb and is not listed in device manager despite windows beeping and recognizing a device connected. Adb gives me no device/emulator found. Any ideas?

In ftm mode it is recognized, but using the command seemingly just reboots the device as trying out various rooting apps does not work.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ianisverycool For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Ianisverycool Ad-Free
16th June 2018, 01:17 PM |#36  

More
install the ZTE max xl usb drivers for adb etc..listed here

https://droidusb.com/download-zte-max-xl-drivers/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianisverycool

In download mode, the device doesn't get recognized by adb and is not listed in device manager despite windows beeping and recognizing a device connected. Adb gives me no device/emulator found. Any ideas?

In ftm mode it is recognized, but using the command seemingly just reboots the device as trying out various rooting apps does not work.

16th June 2018, 03:22 PM |#37  

More
Quote:

install the ZTE max xl usb drivers for adb etc..listed here

Already installed those, I can send it adb commands in both FTM and while booted but not in the "download mode" via up & down volume + power button. It's seemingly just not recognized at all and does not show up in device manager if I were to want to install the drivers specifically while in download mode. At the moment I've only installed them while it's normally booted.

I'm computer versed but not so much android & phones versed so I might just be missing something simple, but I don't really know what to do if it's just not being recognized at all while in that mode. Windows knows a device connected, as device manager refreshes and gives a confirmation beep but I can't do anything from there since it's not displayed.

When I initially booted it into download mode windows did try to install drivers automatically, and it was recognized as an mtp storage device for a brief moment so I could access the phones files but quickly after that disappeared & It has not happened since. Is it possible windows installed bunk drivers automatically possibly? Looking through device manager there's just nothing there unless I'm stupidly missing it. I've combed through it multiple times thoroughly.
16th June 2018, 09:47 PM |#38  

More
i would suggest uninstalling all drivers,reboot pc then install zte drivers before you ever plug in device. be sure to check phone for any prompts to allow access.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ianisverycool

Already installed those, I can send it adb commands in both FTM and while booted but not in the "download mode" via up & down volume + power button. It's seemingly just not recognized at all and does not show up in device manager if I were to want to install the drivers specifically while in download mode. At the moment I've only installed them while it's normally booted.

I'm computer versed but not so much android & phones versed so I might just be missing something simple, but I don't really know what to do if it's just not being recognized at all while in that mode. Windows knows a device connected, as device manager refreshes and gives a confirmation beep but I can't do anything from there since it's not displayed.

When I initially booted it into download mode windows did try to install drivers automatically, and it was recognized as an mtp storage device for a brief moment so I could access the phones files but quickly after that disappeared & It has not happened since. Is it possible windows installed bunk drivers automatically possibly? Looking through device manager there's just nothing there unless I'm stupidly missing it. I've combed through it multiple times thoroughly.

17th June 2018, 04:32 PM |#39  

More
Quote:

i would suggest uninstalling all drivers,reboot pc then install zte drivers before you ever plug in device. be sure to check phone for any prompts to allow access.

Uninstalled all related drivers, rebooted, installed zte drivers manually before plugging in device, turned off autodownload drivers in windows, device is finally recognized at least but now it's just seen as qhsusb_bulk in device manager and adb drivers are incompatible, refuse to be installed even manually. lol
18th June 2018, 12:35 AM |#40  

More
unreal. Chinese garbage lol
18th June 2018, 11:53 PM |#41  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
I'm willing to test out things! I want root to remove some bloat and make this thing usable
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)