FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

11 year iPhone user... no more

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By S4boost, Junior Member on 29th July 2019, 03:22 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have had every iPhone since the 3g, except the 7 and XS max.

I’m finally over it.

I am considering either a Oneplus 7 pro or the Note 10, depending if the note lives up to its hype.

I do a lot of productivity stuff on my phone.

Anyone have a suggestion? I really enjoy the look and feel of oxygenOS, but I’m wondering if s pen could be helpful enough to help me get things done.

31st July 2019, 06:38 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4boost

I have had every iPhone since the 3g, except the 7 and XS max.

I’m finally over it.

I am considering either a Oneplus 7 pro or the Note 10, depending if the note lives up to its hype.

I do a lot of productivity stuff on my phone.

Anyone have a suggestion? I really enjoy the look and feel of oxygenOS, but I’m wondering if s pen could be helpful enough to help me get things done.

Hello there. So I have made the jump from iOS to Android a few times, and come back to iOS, so I have plenty of experience to share. Last Android phone was the Note 9. If I were you I would go Note 9 or Note 10, no reason to get a OnePlus other than budget. And with the eventual deals on all android phones, you would probably regret getting a OnePlus later. The Stylus, to me anyway, is THE main reason I had a hard time going back to iPhone. I really miss that stylus and would not consider any other android phone but the Note. I used it a lot when typing texts, emails, etc. Super fast with google or swipe keyboards. I tried the DeX feature a few times, and it worked quite well, but I did not rely on it, but could see its value. The Samsung software has gotten much better over the years. I found it quite fast and fluid, and especially liked the Samsung Browser (as it is the only full featured browser that you could use an ad-blocker with) on Android. This was important to me as I read a lot of articles on my iPhone and Note, and on iPhone Safari its easy with apps like Purify. Can't block ads with Chrome and the other browsers just seemed too basic compared to Samsung's. Another thing about the Note versus other Androids is Samsung Pay. Used it quite a lot due to fact it supports old credit card terminals as well as the NFC stuff. Anyway good luck let me know if I can help with anything. Cheers!
31st July 2019, 08:47 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by globalexpresspilot

Hello there. So I have made the jump from iOS to Android a few times, and come back to iOS, so I have plenty of experience to share. Last Android phone was the Note 9. If I were you I would go Note 9 or Note 10, no reason to get a OnePlus other than budget. And with the eventual deals on all android phones, you would probably regret getting a OnePlus later. The Stylus, to me anyway, is THE main reason I had a hard time going back to iPhone. I really miss that stylus and would not consider any other android phone but the Note. I used it a lot when typing texts, emails, etc. Super fast with google or swipe keyboards. I tried the DeX feature a few times, and it worked quite well, but I did not rely on it, but could see its value. The Samsung software has gotten much better over the years. I found it quite fast and fluid, and especially liked the Samsung Browser (as it is the only full featured browser that you could use an ad-blocker with) on Android. This was important to me as I read a lot of articles on my iPhone and Note, and on iPhone Safari its easy with apps like Purify. Can't block ads with Chrome and the other browsers just seemed too basic compared to Samsung's. Another thing about the Note versus other Androids is Samsung Pay. Used it quite a lot due to fact it supports old credit card terminals as well as the NFC stuff. Anyway good luck let me know if I can help with anything. Cheers!

Thanks for responding! The big thing for me with the oneplus is the snappiness and the UI. I really appreciatre this incite. My biggest concern about the Galaxy phones is the value seems to drop like a rock. My almost 2 year old iphone x 64gb is listed for 600 and I think Ill get 550 for it.
1st August 2019, 03:35 AM |#4  
Flag Cosmos
Thanks Meter: 2,012

More
The OnePlus 7 Pro is a excellent device with a lot of development on XDA!
12th August 2019, 05:13 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by S4boost

Anyone have a suggestion?

If I were you, I'd choose Oneplus. Screen resolution and camera are higher there
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)