FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

**AMAZON SELLERS** FAKE FAKE FAKE REVIEWS!… Offers Money for Reviews, TONS of PROOF!!

103 posts
Thanks Meter: 74

By kmt5150, Senior Member on 8th January 2020, 01:01 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hey, Hey XDA World!!!

As some of you who utilize Amazon may know, there has been a huge problem with companies who pay for fake reviews to elevate their sales. IMHO, Amazon has been fully aware of the problem. My main concern is that when ANY sort of discussion comes up about this on the Seller Forums, they shut it down with the claim that 'they're looking into it' or 'we forwarded your concerns to the appropriate team'. This is my reason for opening the thread here on XDA-Dev, so people may discuss it without being censored by the Corporate Overlords who, by the way, took away Seller's ability to call Amazon for immediate support. They make us rely on ONLY the forums.

Another big problem Amazon Seller Support uses this response with is the old "A-Z Refund Scam" where someone will purchase a high-dollar item, claim it arrived broken and return something not resembling the originally purchased product, which in one case a scammer bought a top-end gaming laptop, made an a-z refund claim saying it was broken and proceeded to box up and send dog s**t to the seller.

One pissed off seller made a topic post yesterday and Amazon closed it just 7 hours ago.. "It was a lively discussion".. Here's the topic post: https://sellercentral.amazon.com/for...sue/560288/128

As an Amazon Seller, it is frightening to see Amazon allowing this and other worse types of abuse to continue. What are your thoughts on this?
9th January 2020, 01:06 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Potato?
10th January 2020, 12:24 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 74

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deaddpool