FORUMS

Called for a Pizza and man knew where I was as soon as he picked up the phone?

13 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By oshb5, Junior Member on 8th April 2018, 07:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello.

We decided we was going to have a pizza last night anyway I rang the pizza shop and the guy answeredand said Hello No 1 Gxxxxce Street do you require delivery? Now this just shocked me Iv never heard this before and apparently this guy was not supposed to say that on the phone becausee someone else came on and said sorry that was a new employee who did not know the system.. So I just said how do you know where I was phoning from?
He said its something to do with this computer software we have installed. I said yes I can appeciate that but I did not phone from my BT phone I called from my mobile. And a bit cageee he said I dont know how it works just that it does..
So I just got to thinking how he knew it and what software is there out there that is telling them this sort of information. I understand that yes they have to be sure they are taking orders from the right place for delivery but its just a bit funny doing it with mobile as I can see that it is done either by where the mobile is regersed to or by gps in which case you dont know who what or when you are being tracked by do you?

I just wondered if anyone else had come accross anything like this at all?. To me it seems as Big Brother has just got bigger?

Regards OH
8th April 2018, 08:37 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 617

More
Welcome to 2018.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
8th April 2018, 04:31 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Or you've ordered from there before and they have your details recorded.
13th May 2018, 02:52 PM |#4  
Forum Moderator
Flag St.Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 677

Donate to Me
More
Woah!
26th May 2018, 05:22 AM |#5  

More
To me it sounds like some "Person of Interest" stuff, Samaritan is watching you.
26th March 2020, 03:24 PM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Safwaan

Or you've ordered from there before and they have your details recorded.

That's more likely.
And that's why I stopped ordering food from big fast-food restaurants, better order from small local cafes or even make own pizza. I've been considering a transition to homemade food only. This should be more healthy. Now I have plenty of time for practice.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)