Has this apparent global pandemic affected you directly yet? I'm guessing it has hit us all in some way or another by now?
For me, we've been touched by it already and I suspect my family will get hit harder by it eventually. Here's how/why....
- The Wife is a nurse at a hospital and will surely been facing covid 19 face to face sooner than later. And unfortunately her hospital is a bit of a mess, so I suspect it will sweep through the place fast and furious and I can't imagine she will be unscathed. So yes, my home will likely host the Corona at some point.
- I'm in construction and deal with people daily, and so I am sure to come face to face with an infected person/people before too long. Hopefully my 20 times a day hand sanitizing will mean something?
- folks in my area have lost every last marble and are hoarding everything they can...leaving people in need SOL for finding toilet paper, hand sanitizer, bread, bottled water, meat, soup, baby food and just about every other essential item. Though...i find it funny. Cause if the poop really hits the fan... I know several hoarders that I'll be relieving of their supplies all within walking distance. Lol
- My wife will likely have to nurse through the worst of times, should they come....cause that's what she signed on for. But me, I'll just be told to stay home, earning exactly zero dollars an hour and probably digging a financial hole we will find extremely hard to crawl out of.
- its March break here, so my wee ones are at home. Plus the school board here has said school will remain closed 2 more weeks after March break....so that is good. The kids get to stay home and stay away from the other little germ magnets they associate with!
Anyway....that is how this pandemic has and could hit my family. I'll just say this....before you contribute to cleaning stores out of essential items...take a second to think about others and maybe just get what you need for now and leave some for the rest of us.
Edit: To the amazing super awesome moderators of this great site...if you're maybe thinking this topic isn't right for this site and about to click the delete or close button....perhaps reconsider and think that some here may wanna share feelings on this topic anonymously so to speak...and maybe share fears or hopes they have with the faceless here...rather than "real" people in their lives that don't need to hear about their insecurities? For me, I know I put on a brave face in person....but I'm scared a little too....but I want my family feeling confidence, so I don't dwell on these things I've said with them. Thanks my Mod friends!