FORUMS

Has Corona Virus (covid 19) hit close to home yet?

49 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By Deaddpool, Member on 17th March 2020, 01:54 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th March 2020, 06:47 PM |#41  
Flag cycling/studying or asleep
Thanks Meter: 1,056

More
I hope everyone stay safe amidst the crisis. Truth be told, I am equally terrified at the economic implications brought about by the prolonged lock down and quarantine of multiple countries. Lives and livelihoods are lost to the virus and I really hope people do their part with social distancing and staying at home if it can be helped.

This is one enemy I hope we don't take lightly.
25th March 2020, 07:20 PM |#42  
Digital Domain
Thanks Meter: 127

More
India is on lockdown!!
28th March 2020, 02:48 PM |#43  
Digital Domain

More
Hey, this is an international forum. Is there nobody from India that can comment on what's really going on there? I'm in the United States and only see what's on television. I would consider any first-hand accounts to be of great value.
28th March 2020, 03:35 PM |#44  
Senior Moderator / Developer Committee Lead / Developer Relations / Recognized Developer- Lord of Memes
Thanks Meter: 11,715

More
Ehhh .... There is nothing there to it. Well, it's in 3 week lockdown.
I can only talk about my place , since situations in India vary state to state and city to city.
Shops are open and stocked. Shops ran out of sanitizers but groceries are there. I suppose they will run out around next week.
People are not allowed to go outside. If someone tries to go outside w/o credible reason, they are gathered around by police.
The biggest problem we have is misinformation. Lot of it is being spread on Whatsapp & Facebook.
Thats about it.
30th March 2020, 12:14 PM |#45  
Thanks Meter: 228

More
again i beg everyone keep calm. please do not inform yourself only unilateral. in germany more and more doctors warn we strongly have to differ between Sars-CoV-2 infection rate and COVID-19 rate, and even more important to differ inquest cause of death between COVID-19 and other diseases, otherwise we can't say how dangerous Sars-CoV-2 is. we don't even know the real incubation period, can be up to 24 days (which mean lot more may already infected)

#FlattenTheCurve #StayHome is for protecting a minority. be social and keep distance 1,5 meters to old people, wash your hands with soap before touching your face and don't sneeze in front of others. if you become sick stay at home, don't fear! you won't die

i share a collection of links which will help you on your own research. i won't point you on any direction but there is one worth mention
SARS-CoV-2: fear versus data
Yanis Roussel et al.
International Journal of Antimicrobial Agents (2020)
DOI: 10.1016/j.ijantimicag.2020.105947
https://scienceintegritydigest.com/2...ovid-19-papers
30th March 2020, 01:42 PM |#46  
Digital Domain

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endy Home

I'm scared

So am I. Also, my job status is completely uncertain. I could be headed for a complete and total financial disaster.
30th March 2020, 01:51 PM |#47  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TravisBean

So am I. Also, my job status is completely uncertain. I could be headed for a complete and total financial disaster.

That's true. But there is hope, not all governments follow the WHO pharma lobbyists (look at sweden or brasil). We survived the financial crisis 2008 and H1N1 propaganda 2009, and we will survive global shutdown 2020
30th March 2020, 06:16 PM |#48  
Forum Moderator
Flag Bruges
Thanks Meter: 6,466

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aIecxs

again i beg everyone keep calm. please do not inform yourself only unilateral. in germany more and more doctors warn we strongly have to differ between Sars-CoV-2 infection rate and COVID-19 rate, and even more important to differ inquest cause of death between COVID-19 and other diseases, otherwise we can't say how dangerous Sars-CoV-2 is. we don't even know the real incubation period, can be up to 24 days (which mean lot more may already infected)

#FlattenTheCurve #StayHome is for protecting a minority. be social and keep distance 1,5 meters to old people, wash your hands with soap before touching your face and don't sneeze in front of others. if you become sick stay at home, don't fear! you won't die

i share a collection of links which will help you on your own research. i won't point you on any direction but there is one worth mention
[bunch of stuff we shouldn't read]

Please mind that I will disagree with you A LOT but I love you no less <3

People are not immortal indoors, lol. I believe using the term 'minority' is a bit unfortunate. 8.2% of the world's population is 65+ years old (source), that's nearly 600 million people! Not even taking into account that there are plenty of lethal cases under 65. Fact is: we don't really know that much yet so let's assume the worst for a bit. For our own safety.

My point is: some fear is okay! We shouldn't live in absolute terror but being a little scared is definitely needed to remind ourselves that we need to remain cautious for a while. Common sense should prevail. Not only for ourselves but mainly for the people around us. I would strongly recommend to follow the guidelines/regulations your government has put in place. Don't act on your own research, that just amounts to chaos. As we have different scales of population density and cultures (and a whole bunch of other parameters), measures will be (somewhat) different everywhere. Russia is a different story though! Their Vodka makes them immune, apparently

I work with paramedics daily and saying things like "you won't die if you're sick" isn't helpful. If you're sick: stay at home, avoid contact with other people in your house as much as possible (some countries state differently, follow their advice if you feel it's fine) and when symptoms get worse, get in touch with your doctor or go to a hospital if they get really bad (extremely high fever, difficulty breathing, etc.). If you have any preexisting conditions, seek medical assistance faster. Call them first when possible as they will instruct you what to do. Don't panic! With some oxygen and the help of the amazing heroes in the medical world your chances are favorable. PLEASE don't gobble up medical data to draw your own conclusions. You don't know better. Leave it to the professionals to assess your own unique situation. Just don't call them when you have a simple cough or a sore throat; that's just ridiculous (medical services are being overrun with crap like that now, causing delays for urgent matters).

Stay safe and keep on clapping! 👏
30th March 2020, 06:37 PM |#49  

More
I will agree with you A LOT
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)