FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Disturbing trend concerning new users

3 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Tank_Tank, Junior Member on 11th February 2020, 12:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I find it disturbing that new Android enthusiasts are being detoured away from Android because of some projects that are in my opinion predatory.

This is what's happening,
New enthusist decides to upgrade to a phone that he or she sees on a online store or shop. He or she watches videos and reads about all of the mods and Roms and intricacies of Android and decides to buy a phone or dissect with their old phone.

The person that sold the phone sells many phones at at lower market price and advertises it as unlocked or for a certain carrier, and the purchaser doesn't realize that the phone has been modified with a partition that is not easily reformated.

The merchant loads his custom keys and server tracing software on the new users phone unbenownce to the purchaser. Sometimes the purchaser can think they have reset the phone and actually haven't.

The new enthusiast is now a part of the merchants not net, if the new enthusiast doesn't manage to wipe the phone correctly. Most often the merchant uses a server location in a liberal part of a swing state, mining keys and encryptions that are most often used for Bitcoin bot mining or stock market swing modeling.

This is a frustration to say the least to the new enthusiast and definitely are "life drain". It decently doesn't foster manufacturers of phones to open their devices up to open source projects.

In my opinion do this, "Pull" the predatory system load it on a emulator and have it scan low frequency stations and have it constantly publish the netstat to a public folder preferably overseas.
11th February 2020, 03:41 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3,827

More
Nice try Apple. Still not buying an iphone.
13th February 2020, 02:04 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
13th February 2020, 05:03 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Something will not compute. That's an old one.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)