Favourite games console

Search This thread
Sep 1, 2016
It's either the PSOne or PSP I can't decide. I was pretty active in the PSP homebrew scene etc and was an admin on Psperspective. PSP days were some of my best days of all time. The hacking scene was vibrant and lively.

Pie.

Nov 11, 2012
Playstation 3, simply because I have so many hours on there and I never bought the new gens. My old Gameboy Advance is a close second though.

KittyTantrum

Jul 20, 2019
I "cut my teeth" on the Atari 2600 in the late 80s, but my absolute FAVORITE console and "era" of gaming, so to speak, was the Super Nintendo/mid-late 90's. Honorable mention goes to the PlayStation. Back in the day when "Squaresoft" was still a thing.

I started losing interest in gaming when I eventually got a Wii. My kids have roped me back in a little bit since pooling their money to buy a Switch, but I don't think anything will ever really compare to those games from the mid-late 90s. In fact, I still have my old consoles and games, and have been "making" my kids play those - and they tend to agree with me that there's something "special" about those older games.

Warms my old decrepit gamer-heart :cool:

Dirk

May 11, 2009
799164sinclair-ZXSpectrum48-Krev.png

Manic Miner, Jet Set Willie and Atic Atac!

https://www.denofgeek.com/us/games/video-games/255789/the-15-greatest-zx-spectrum-games-ever-made

We loaded games off of Cassette Tape. You could put dozens of them on a 90 minute tape, but your player needed a counter so you could list the start point of each game. You could buy some pretty snazzy Joysticks, which you'd cane into the ground when playing 'Daley Thompsons Decathlon'. I used to buy 'Crash' magazine which would come with all the game news, free games, cheat codes and poster size level maps for the best games.

KittyTantrum

Jul 20, 2019
I'm not a huge fan of playing VR games myself... but a couple years ago I got to watch my mom play VR ping-pong (her first VR experience ever). She tried to lean on the virtual ping-pong table and fell over. :laugh:

KittyTantrum

Jul 20, 2019
I REALLY want to find an old Nintendo, but I don't know where to find it.

Check thrift stores! Handful of years ago I found a set in good condition in original box (NES console, zapper, AND one of those old power pads, plus I think there was a game in there) for like $12. They seem to be one of those items that is "collectible" to the internet/ebay world, but can still be found cheap in meatspace because there's lots of them and they're old and people often just want to get rid of them because they're bulky and boxy and take up space.

JarrettBen

Feb 26, 2020
SEGA MegaDrive / Genesis & PSX ------- Enviado desde mi Huawei Nexus 6P mediante Tapatalk
It's my favourite. Tell me your?

Deaddpool

Account currently disabled
Jan 5, 2020
Just got an Nvidia Shield TV Pro 2019....and it's pretty awesome! Maybe not as good for gaming as a PS4 or Xbox, but we're selling our Nintendo Switch for sure!

Got it mostly for TV and Movies and it's far far superior for that than any android box, but the gaming is good enough for my family as well. :good: