FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

When did you hear the name ANDROID for the first time !

138 posts
Thanks Meter: 36

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd April 2019, 04:30 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I read it in the about tablet in settings on my Mecer S71-0G (Rockchip 3066 CPU)(South Africa)

25th April 2019, 01:39 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
2000 maybe, while I am watching Dragon Ball anime
6th May 2019, 09:16 AM |#23  
Flag Mount Olive, New South Wales

More
As far as I remember, it was at the end of 2008, when I was reading news about HTC Dream.
6th May 2019, 03:55 PM |#24  
Flag Bandung
Thanks Meter: 62

Donate to Me
More
2007 i hear android phones
10th May 2019, 08:52 AM |#25  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by freeroute

Whenever Google announced it I think. I remember thinking "Wow! Linux on my phone... supported by Google?? This is a dream come true."

Oh, how young and naive I was

Oooh no, dont even talk about naivety. Remember the feature phones? I thought that was the best technology ever, until 10 years back when I got my first android phone, I loved the IDEOS lo.
11th May 2019, 07:25 AM |#26  
Flag Rawicz
Thanks Meter: 1

More
2011, probably
19th May 2019, 08:18 AM |#27  
Guys I'll share but it's also a question: the first time I've heard about it was when this phone was gonna come out, and I'm trying to recall the name of it. I only remember it came with cupcake, it was bad ass (killer specs for the time), if I'm not mistaken waterproof and dustproof and vibration proof i believe (think rugged), it was from one of the renowned brands (htc, i believe), it wasn't flip or slide, i don't remember if it had a physical keyboard but i think not, and it had a name with a letter and a number i believe, or a number and a letter, example h1, but i don't remember WHAT letter, although the number I'm almost positive...

Anyways, my first Android was an AT&T while imprisoned lol (I was locked up from beginning of 2008 to early 2011, so as you can imagine i didn't have a lot of time to play with it as it was contraband), so i don't know what it was.

Then my first Android after that was an LG P350, also known as Optimus Me, locked down by the equivalent of Draconian Verizon, Telcel (Mexico) which, being the tinkerer i am, and having never before heard of such things as rooting, stumbled upon it and guess what? Rooted it.

I've only bricked, BRICKED (point-of-no-return brick, "unj-tagable" brick), 2 devices, one of them a Best Buy Edition S4 which I truly loved and regret to this day its fate (i got it back when it was the latest) kind of "knowingly" (knowing what could happen but took the risk in the name of "furthering knowledge"), and some friend's mediatek which i ended up paying and which made me right then and there, not wanna touch a mediatek ever again...
The rest (which are in my history, and then some, which I'm sure I'm forgetting) I've turned inside out, upside down, and everything in between at will time and again.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)