1,021 posts
Thanks Meter: 447

Post Reply Email Thread
3rd September 2019, 12:05 PM |#141  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar93500

I have a good news for our dear Powkiddy X16 !

I have just finished writing a RES editor for customizing our application launchers, it will now be possible to replace the icons and the background images. Here is the result after modifying the first icon and one of the background:

I haven't release binaries for the moment, but the source code is available on my github:
https://github.com/o-marshmallow/Powkiddy-RES-editor

I have tested in on Linux (Ubuntu), but as it uses Qt framework, it should work on Windows too.

How to modify the launcher ?
  • First of all, you have to install the custom firmware I posted earlier in this thread, this will give you access to the system partition when plugging
  • Plug your X16 to the PC
  • Extract launcher.res file located in apps/launcher/s480272_style_1/ on the NO NAME partition
  • Open the RES editor, then open the launcher.res file. The background images start at PIC146, the app icons starts at PIC150 and the game icons starts at PIC170. NOTE: you will get an error if you try to view the background images, this is normal, just ignore it.
  • Select the PIC to modify, then click "Import image..."
  • Select your new .png or .jpg image (it MUST have the same width and height)
  • Save the RES file (Ctrl-Shift-S)
  • Replace the new launcher.res by the one in apps/launcher/s480272_style_1/
  • Unplug your device and voilà ! Your icon/background image has been modified !

Thanks to @KikiOnE, who helped me decoding the compressed part of the RES file !

Hola podrias subir un video tutorial de como hiciste todos los pasos? . Yo tengo mi x16 con la version vieja los juegos aparecen tipo lista y no en burbujas?, no se tampoco cual de los firmewares es el ultimo...

3rd September 2019, 12:23 PM |#142  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ema_lpz_ok

Hola podrias subir un video tutorial de como hiciste todos los pasos? . Yo tengo mi x16 con la version vieja los juegos aparecen tipo lista y no en burbujas?, no se tampoco cual de los firmewares es el ultimo...

Hello, from what we've seen previously, it seems that the firmware you have is not the latest one. I posted the lasted one in this thread but I don't remember the page number. I will make a page for clarifying all of this. Like a big tutorial.
3rd September 2019, 06:41 PM |#143  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omar93500

Hello, from what we've seen previously, it seems that the firmware you have is not the latest one. I posted the lasted one in this thread but I don't remember the page number. I will make a page for clarifying all of this. Like a big tutorial.

Excelente espero con ansias el video tutorial, soy nuevo en el foro y la verdad que no tengo demasiados conocimientos de informatica como para instalar un firmware sin un apoyo en video de como hacerlo, por temor a dañar el equipo. Muy amable por tu respuesta!
6th September 2019, 12:54 PM |#144  

More
Do you have any info on the display used on the X16? Resolution, refresh rate, model number?
6th September 2019, 02:46 PM |#145  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhartmann

Do you have any info on the display used on the X16? Resolution, refresh rate, model number?

From what I saw the resolution is 800x480, I don't know the exact number, but on its cable, it's written:
BN1906182 (Z?) EK9713CA
190270 BNXTV EK73902AUGB

There is also a sticker on it, written on it:
QC070
JC20190621
7th September 2019, 08:30 PM |#146  

More
hola amigos tengo un problema no puedo fhasear mi x16.
Me bajo el firm proporcionado por el colega GESALEC hago los pasos que dice en el explicativo, conecto la consola , utilizo el modo encendido y datos luego abro la aplicacion, desmarco todas las opciones y le doy al boton down , corren los segundos la maquina queda con la pantalla negra y con la luz azul encendida , en la pc me sale una falla como que se desconecta el dispositivo, y me pregunta si quiero reintentarlo? La verdad me resulta imposible probe varias versiones de esta app asi como en w 10 y wds 7.
Para mal de males cuando realizo este procedimiento debo resetear mi x16 ya que queda como en error como si queda "tildada" con el display negro y la luz azul.
Por otro lado lei que han modificado y reactualizado el ultimo firm, me lo pasarian por este medio?
Podrian hacer un video tutorial explicando como realizar el flasheo de esta maquina.
Mil disculpas mis conocimientos de informatica son muy basicos, hablo español y el lenguaje tecnico sumado a la mala traduccion de algunos traductores hace de que no entienda bien como realizar el procedimiento.
Me despido muy agradecido y esperando que me puedas ayudar . Saludos desde argentina..
10th September 2019, 12:53 PM |#147  

More
You can edit linked games (change path, name and picture)
It s an beta.
Please, save your launcher.res and gameX.desktop before use it. It can have bugs...

Thanks Omar, it s great to work with you
Attached Files
File Type: zip Debug.zip - [Click for QR Code] (87.2 KB, 12 views)
10th September 2019, 02:00 PM |#148  

More
Buen dia gracias eternamente a omar , al fin pude actualizar el firm, a modo burbujas , lo unico que me faltaria es colocar los juegos en ellas... muchas gracias!!
10th September 2019, 05:03 PM |#149  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KikiOnE

You can edit linked games (change path, name and picture)
It s an beta.
Please, save your launcher.res and gameX.desktop before use it. It can have bugs...

Thanks Omar, it s great to work with you

No problem, my pleasure ! I think it would be interesting to have a GUI tool that let us configure everyhting: icons, names, game launched. It would then geenrate a zip file to extract in the system partition

Quote:
Originally Posted by ema_lpz_ok

Buen dia gracias eternamente a omar , al fin pude actualizar el firm, a modo burbujas , lo unico que me faltaria es colocar los juegos en ellas... muchas gracias!!

Great news, glad to hear that !
16th September 2019, 11:16 PM |#150  

More
powkiddy x16
i was trying to install a firmware to this device via video product tool, it was 7 minutes plus and kept saying and error that I need it to change to adfu but I didnt knew how to so i disconnected the device, now it doesnt do anything, only has the second bttom blue light on, and stays on and cannot turn off except if I leave it to discharge, the computer makes the sound when I connect the device but it doesnt show so I cannot do anything, it doesnt show in the video product tool or tablet product tool. any idea how to make it work again?
17th September 2019, 04:23 PM |#151  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edd115

i was trying to install a firmware to this device via video product tool, it was 7 minutes plus and kept saying and error that I need it to change to adfu but I didnt knew how to so i disconnected the device, now it doesnt do anything, only has the second bttom blue light on, and stays on and cannot turn off except if I leave it to discharge, the computer makes the sound when I connect the device but it doesnt show so I cannot do anything, it doesnt show in the video product tool or tablet product tool. any idea how to make it work again?

Which OS are you using first ? Windows 10 ? Windows 7 ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)