I have a good news for our dear Powkiddy X16 !
I have just finished writing a RES editor for customizing our application launchers, it will now be possible to replace the icons and the background images. Here is the result after modifying the first icon and one of the background:
I haven't release binaries for the moment, but the source code is available on my github:
I have tested in on Linux (Ubuntu), but as it uses Qt framework, it should work on Windows too.
- First of all, you have to install the custom firmware I posted earlier in this thread, this will give you access to the system partition when plugging
- Plug your X16 to the PC
- Extract launcher.res file located in apps/launcher/s480272_style_1/ on the NO NAME partition
- Open the RES editor, then open the launcher.res file. The background images start at PIC146, the app icons starts at PIC150 and the game icons starts at PIC170. NOTE: you will get an error if you try to view the background images, this is normal, just ignore it.
- Select the PIC to modify, then click "Import image..."
- Select your new .png or .jpg image (it MUST have the same width and height)
- Save the RES file (Ctrl-Shift-S)
- Replace the new launcher.res by the one in apps/launcher/s480272_style_1/
- Unplug your device and voilà ! Your icon/background image has been modified !
Thanks to @KikiOnE, who helped me decoding the compressed part of the RES file !
Hola podrias subir un video tutorial de como hiciste todos los pasos? . Yo tengo mi x16 con la version vieja los juegos aparecen tipo lista y no en burbujas?, no se tampoco cual de los firmewares es el ultimo...