powkiddy x16 7" retro arcade

1,027 posts
Thanks Meter: 452

Post Reply Email Thread
5th June 2020, 04:57 PM |#201  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Powkiddy X19
OK so i am new here to ROMs and emulators and have just bought a Powkiddy X19, and I was wandering if anyone had any ideas on how to download emulators, from what I have read it's like a powkiddy X16 just a bit of a later model. I have installed a 32GB SD card into it but when i download emulators for android onto the device it just says format not recognised.
Please if you respond to me put it in simple format, as like i say i am new to this whole emulator thingy
Thanks alot
Adam
5th June 2020, 11:24 PM |#202  

More
With the X19, you are pretty much stuck with the built-in emulators until a new firmware is released. Here is what I found is supported so far from my own playing around with the device...

Capcom CPS - Accepts ROM ZIP files
MAME - Very Limited ROM Support. Only dino.zip (Cadillacs & Dinosaurs) works so far.
MegaDrive/Sega - Extract the ZIP file and copy the BIN file to a folder called MD
PlayStation PS1 - Extract the ZIP file and copy the ISO file to a folder called PS1

It can also play various Gameboy and NES games. I have not spent too much time with this system as I was disappointed by its very limited support of MAME ROMs. I tried the old classics, such as Donkey Kong, Frogger, Tapper, and Frontline, but none of them worked. I would also like to see the VICE emulator for Commodore 64, but that is not on the X19 either. Maybe I will learn to enjoy playing the games that work with it.
6th June 2020, 06:43 AM |#203  

More
X19
Thank you i will try when i get it back on fathers day lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by RelicJay001

With the X19, you are pretty much stuck with the built-in emulators until a new firmware is released. Here is what I found is supported so far from my own playing around with the device...

Capcom CPS - Accepts ROM ZIP files
MAME - Very Limited ROM Support. Only dino.zip (Cadillacs & Dinosaurs) works so far.
MegaDrive/Sega - Extract the ZIP file and copy the BIN file to a folder called MD
PlayStation PS1 - Extract the ZIP file and copy the ISO file to a folder called PS1

It can also play various Gameboy and NES games. I have not spent too much time with this system as I was disappointed by its very limited support of MAME ROMs. I tried the old classics, such as Donkey Kong, Frogger, Tapper, and Frontline, but none of them worked. I would also like to see the VICE emulator for Commodore 64, but that is not on the X19 either. Maybe I will learn to enjoy playing the games that work with it.

22nd June 2020, 01:03 AM |#204  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi I have a X12 , that has a different menu' from what I've seen but exactly the same firmware number. I would like to update with the one I'vwe seen here, but before that I would like to backup mine, in case I need to do a rollback. I've installed the tool linked here and it recognizes the device, but I don't see anything to dump the current one, it only asks me the new one to flash.
Is there a way to do this? I think so as the orifinal one got dumped to be patched.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)