1,015 posts
Thanks Meter: 444

Post Reply Email Thread
7th June 2019, 01:19 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Hi guys, sorry to the late. I was working ...find link below:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-lS...ew?usp=sharing

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

info:
1 - Official vendor of my device shared the firmware with me without resistence
2 - both, firmware and tool, are inside the link
3 - I appreciate if someone make a clean version without the horrible default games in main menu too

9th June 2019, 12:05 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GESATEC

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

info:
3 - I appreciate if someone make a clean version without the horrible default games in main menu too

Thank you !
I've been looking for the firmware online, but couldn't find anything, even on powkiddy website

EDIT: After a quick hex view of the .fw file, it seems to be encrypted (3DUfw header):
Code:
0000000: 1122 3344 5566 7788 99aa bbcc ddee ff75  ."3DUfw........u
0000010: 00b8 2f06 0002 0000 7ee1 3fad f8b0 2eaf  ../.....~.?.....
0000020: 6749 b985 5f63 4e5e 8e2e 2260 f342 509b  gI.._cN^.."`.BP.
0000030: da41 8907 3755 20c0 5472 03e0 79ba 6c1c  .A..7U .Tr..y.l.
0000040: cb5a 525b 46e7 a3bf d80c a8c8 fb4a 979d  .ZR[F........J..
0000050: 5e15 0c3c f5b9 5dda 6532 dab4 c93b 0726  ^..<..].e2...;.&
0000060: d0c5 700e b973 dcc3 5865 150b d559 4018  [email protected]
10th June 2019, 02:16 PM |#23  

More
Has anyone tried using this firmware yet? Also does anyone have a copy of the existing one in case it borks my device please?
17th June 2019, 11:14 PM |#24  

More
The Powkiddy start screen makes me sad.
Can anyone help with the questions?
1. Can I get a root?
2. Can I save current firmware?
3. How to decompile current firmware?
Thanks.
18th June 2019, 07:05 AM |#25  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Man if that was on the market as a young man I would have done any unspeakable thing I was asked to possess one. I'm old but can still add and positive I've dropped more quarters in centipede and shinobi and xmen 6player than laundry or parking meters. And arcade culture has been gone at least 15 years.

If I could get a real machine, made from that time with original wooden cabinet and all, top choices are Virtual Cop or Cruis'n USA or Marvel vs Capcom 2, or any konami side scroller.

Now I have an emulator hooked to my tv, it's making life better.

I use a laptop because the power is more robust but any $40 android media server can do it, just not ideal for 32bit era forward.
18th June 2019, 09:46 PM |#26  

More
I've used the tools that GESATEC posted and it was a bit of a pain having to keep deleting the USB device over and over until it worked, but otherwise was fine. You lose all your ROMS but as long as you've backed them up (Which I did, although some were shoddy and didn't work anyway).

The firmware I've ended up with appears to be the one in the video posted previously.

Instructions:

- Plug your X16 into your laptop and choose the "Data & Charge" option
- Download your ROMs from the "ActDisk" that gets mounted
- Download GESATEC's zip
- Extract and install the tool
- Optionally: Constantly delete your "USB Mass Storage Device" until it plays nicely
- Open up the Video Tool
- Hit the "Refresh" icon and choose the firmware
- Uncheck all the options and hit "Download"

After 5~ minutes and a few attempts it downloads the firmware (I had issues with it not recognising the second mode it switches to). Once it tells you it's sorted then you hit the reset button (need a pin or something) and it fires up with the new UI but without ROMs.

It's worth doing it as games definitely play better, had a quick blast of ZedBlade, Sengoku2 and Street Fighter 2 CE. The audio is a bit wobbly, but otherwise they definitely seem a LOT more responsive.

Be aware you do this at your own risk and if you brick your X16 don't come complaining to me.

To be honest I bought a X12 at the same time and that is faster for the UI and takes the same firmware upgrade. It also came with better ROMs so I've just transferred those over to my X16. Data transfer speeds are in the 1-3MB/s so it can be a tedious process.
19th June 2019, 08:23 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GESATEC

info:

Edit:

My question was already answered a few posts back. This is a newer firmware.
Now if i could only get it to upgrade...
23rd June 2019, 10:01 PM |#28  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by theallseeingpie

I've used the tools that GESATEC posted and it was a bit of a pain having to keep deleting the USB device over and over until it worked, but otherwise was fine. You lose all your ROMS but as long as you've backed them up (Which I did, although some were shoddy and didn't work anyway).

The firmware I've ended up with appears to be the one in the video posted previously.

Instructions:

- Plug your X16 into your laptop and choose the "Data & Charge" option
- Download your ROMs from the "ActDisk" that gets mounted
- Download GESATEC's zip
- Extract and install the tool
- Optionally: Constantly delete your "USB Mass Storage Device" until it plays nicely
- Open up the Video Tool
- Hit the "Refresh" icon and choose the firmware
- Uncheck all the options and hit "Download"

After 5~ minutes and a few attempts it downloads the firmware (I had issues with it not recognising the second mode it switches to). Once it tells you it's sorted then you hit the reset button (need a pin or something) and it fires up with the new UI but without ROMs.

It's worth doing it as games definitely play better, had a quick blast of ZedBlade, Sengoku2 and Street Fighter 2 CE. The audio is a bit wobbly, but otherwise they definitely seem a LOT more responsive.

Be aware you do this at your own risk and if you brick your X16 don't come complaining to me.

To be honest I bought a X12 at the same time and that is faster for the UI and takes the same firmware upgrade. It also came with better ROMs so I've just transferred those over to my X16. Data transfer speeds are in the 1-3MB/s so it can be a tedious process.

Great advice! Don't have access to the firmware or any of this tech but on MAME and other emu's the text file that holds all the settings has an option to set audio sample rate. It is always set too high and takes to much emulating power and slows everything down by default. IIRC default is something like 44.1MHz. Try something lower like 25MHz might be easier for the machine to make sound clean.

Also try a game like rad racer or something lower power and see if it still wobbles. Great post too bad I can't thank. I saw these bad boys at wallyworld today for $300. "It will be mine, oh yes, it will be mine..." -Wayne from Wayne's World
25th June 2019, 05:10 AM |#29  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Havent had any luck upgrading the firmware yet, but i will try using a newer version of the tool provided.
Maybe a newer version will have better compatibility with W10.
Heres a link i found with newer versions for download.
https://www.slatedroid.com/topic/945...-tablet-tools/

---------- Post added 25th June 2019 at 12:10 AM ---------- Previous post was 24th June 2019 at 11:49 PM ----------

Update:

I was easily able to update mine using this version of the tool (1.01.02) instead:
https://yadi.sk/d/wn0y5BdtFmQy9.

I haven't had a lot of time to test it out, but the menu definitely
feels snappier; pressing the back button now takes you to the main menu instantly, when it used to
freeze for a while. Also, the device now plays a video while booting.
The menu now has a sound similar to coins in Mario bros.
Not a bounds and leps better than before, but at least its something.
Thanks again to GESATEC for posting.
26th June 2019, 02:01 PM |#30  

More
To install the ADFU driver on W10 it was necessary to disable driver signature.

I used GESATEC's files but upgrade only succeeded after checking "AUTOMATE" option.

It was not a big deal losing all my ROMs because all of their names were on Chinese...
I managed to download a huge ROM pack through torrent and now I have even more games than before.
Only downside is that I cannot launch games through the launchers on the "desktop" and can only launch them through "Games" > "Dir list"

Anyone knows where those games should be located to be reached by the desktop launchers?

I tried, for example, /ActDisk/GAME/18_Tekken_Advance.gba and /ActDisk/GAME/GBA/18_Tekken_Advance.gba but both failed..
26th June 2019, 03:34 PM |#31  

More
funkční ale nejdou hry spouštět hry z ikonek.Chtělo by to napsat cestu ke hrám uložit je podle toho do jakého adresáře patří.Nebo kdo by zdílel DS kartu přístroje
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)