FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

I thought everyone would just like to know this is store policy for Samsung.

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By Dr.Ocularus, Junior Member on 5th April 2018, 10:51 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I happened to be walking through a parking lot at a local auto dismantler and found somebody's phone ran over and sort of half-assed smashed. I picked it up and spent 3 days contacting Samsung and Google security Center trying to get them to forward this girl my contact information so that she could retrieve her phone. I went in to talk to someone at the Samsung help center here in my town and my best friend's little brother happened to be working behind the counter and told me that when Someone turns in a lost phone to them they do not give them back to the owners all they do is throw them into a recycle box and repurpose them. And before you call my character into question just know that I'm 52 years old I do not have a police record and my father is the retired fire Chief of the Sacramento California fire department just for reference. I wonder how many times my lost phone was turned in and never reported to me? Pissed off and phoneless..

5th April 2018, 11:00 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
He said they don't even check to see if the phone was insured or not they don't even
A.ctually the store profits off of the phones that are turned in to their lost and found because they just refurbish them and resell them. the least these sumbitches could do would be to download the information off of the phone and shoot it to the owner in a packet or something. but then I guess that would be admitting that they had possession of the phone and then they would be liable for reimbursing the customer or whatever... freakin jerks! and he said that was the policy at every store that he ever work for which is several I guess because he trains managers. I'm just ranting because I have spent so much money on cell phones it is unbelievably ridiculous. it makes me want to go tear down one of their fake tree cell towerS
5th April 2018, 11:00 PM |#3  
SeƱor Moderator - I Regret Nothing!
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 9,510

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Ocularus

I happened to be walking through a parking lot at a local auto dismantler and found somebody's phone ran over and sort of half-assed smashed. I picked it up and spent 3 days contacting Samsung and Google security Center trying to get them to forward this girl my contact information so that she could retrieve her phone. I went in to talk to someone at the Samsung help center here in my town and my best friend's little brother happened to be working behind the counter and told me that when Someone turns in a lost phone to them they do not give them back to the owners all they do is throw them into a recycle box and repurpose them. And before you call my character into question just know that I'm 52 years old I do not have a police record and my father is the retired fire Chief of the Sacramento California fire department just for reference. I wonder how many times my lost phone was turned in and never reported to me? Pissed off and phoneless..

Just imagine the cost those companies will incur if they were to contact every single person that losses his/her phone plus the cost for shipping...
Not happy with what they do with the phones but kind of make sense, no?
7th April 2018, 03:23 PM |#4  
Flag You dont wanna know...

More
Ehh kinda but for the 800 dollars (plus the over the top cost of phone service every month.) she spent on her phone you would think they could give her some consideration. Even if it cost them over night shipping its still far below 800 dollars. =.)
11th June 2019, 02:58 PM |#5  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Thanks for the tip, I didn't know that. I'm in Sacramento too, have lived here for 30 years. I hate that its becoming such a greedy, step-on-your-face place

Sent from my T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3 using XDA Labs
12th June 2019, 06:25 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
samsung last update will hang my mobile three times in just one week.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)