FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unusual hobbies

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By mariopepper, Junior Member on 5th February 2020, 08:53 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Do you have some kind of unusual hobby? I mean not soccer, dancing, arts. For example when I was a kid I like to carve wood toys. Since then I've impoved my skills and now I can do the same with trees by chainsaw.
What about you?
6th February 2020, 06:02 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
That's neat! I'm from a logging town and chainsaw carving is pretty big there.

My weird hobby is shoemaking. Still learning, but I've made one very functional, comfortable (and cute!) pair of leather flats so far.

I have hard-to-fit feet and when I figured out it was going to cost $500+ for one pair of custom shoes that I liked, I said to myself "I can buy all the tools and materials and make them (and another few pairs) myself for less than that! And I was pretty much right.
7th February 2020, 05:13 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyTantrum

My weird hobby is shoemaking. Still learning, but I've made one very functional, comfortable (and cute!) pair of leather flats so far.

I have hard-to-fit feet and when I figured out it was going to cost $500+ for one pair of custom shoes that I liked, I said to myself "I can buy all the tools and materials and make them (and another few pairs) myself for less than that! And I was pretty much right.

What town are you from? And if you can tell more about chainsaw carving in your ares. Do you participate?
10th February 2020, 08:22 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyTantrum

Nice. I own a chainsaw too but I don't really know how to handle it. Though, in my case, the most important thing I need for my hobby is a decent saw blade as mentioned here for my 9-inch table saw which I use both for garden work and home repair
11th February 2020, 04:54 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Oh, I've never used a chainsaw in my life! Not gonna drop my location in anyone's lap, but you see carvings around a lot. Cute little bears are a common theme.
11th February 2020, 01:30 PM |#6  
Flag sydney

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PegasusC

Nice. I own a chainsaw too but I don't really know how to handle it. Though, in my case, the most important thing I need for my hobby is a decent saw blade as mentioned here for my 9-inch table saw which I use both for garden work and home repair

Oh.. I used to have a chainsaw but I've broken it recently. I guess it's time to decide all necessary of owning a saw. Probably if I will take one more I would pick another brand.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)