11th January 2019, 12:34 AM |#1001  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield
Thanks Meter: 1,911

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by odl

I have one question regarding this solution: wouldn't it be possible to achieve with current version of AAGateWay, if IP given to master would be the same one that slave is trying to connect while using hotspot? If slave is taking info about master IP from network config (gateway), it could be manually adjusted in settings or dhcp to point to master if router would be on the way... Or the thing is that AAGateWay on master is currently listening to traffic that comes from hotspot only?

Oh that should be possible I was referring to setting up connection the other way. I will added an option to input the IP on the slave which can be used instead of the default gateway ip.
Admittedly I could add service discovery and then the ip won't need to be fixed... but that's slightly more then adding an option to enter the ip.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]

11th January 2019, 02:59 AM |#1002  
Flag Montana
Thanks Meter: 121

More
So, for me, it works on first setup but not after - I have to reboot and unplug each phone.

Master: Pixel Xl, 9.0 December update, rooted
Slave: Nexus 6P, 9.0 Pixel Experience rom, rooted (but using in non-root mode)

Main issue is with the slave - it doesn't remember the "default device" between reboots AND it soft reboots every time I turn off my car. Another issue with the reboots is that since my device is encrypted, AAGateway (or any other app) won't run until I unlock the slave with pin code; it also somehow breaks AA connection irreparably, so I have to unplug and full reboot. I can get some logs tomorrow.
11th January 2019, 03:11 AM |#1003  
Thanks Meter: 487

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYZack

I don't even have to say "OK Google". Just activating the Google Assistant from the buttons on my steering wheel crashes AA.

Yep. Still getting this with RC2 as well.

I didn't have this with the betas.
The Following User Says Thank You to LLStarks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LLStarks Ad-Free
11th January 2019, 04:01 AM |#1004  
Flag Vienna
Thanks Meter: 234

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

I've just updated the beta channel. This version should work correctly with VAG cars as well, please do let me know if you do face more issues and I will do my best to get to the bottom of them all.
@SLAB_8002 - When the power cuts off if you have a look on your master, does it display how many devices are connected to the HotSpot?

@CappyT - Ah the 5Ghz, yeap that will make a difference and it will reduce the candidates. Let me check if I can get one of my USB WiFi's to work with my Orange Pi (not the Pi Zero, I do have a Pi as well) another might be the old Pine64 board, but that is HUGE is size, sadly they are now only selling Pine64 with 2GB of RAM which cost $32 USD, or the new Rock64 for $24, but that needs separate power. However the Rock64 does have support for eMMC which means theoretically the boot time can be drastically reduced. I will run some tests on the Orange Pi board as well as on the Pine64 512MB Ram board.

Thx. Will test asap.

Sent from my LG H930 using Tapatalk
11th January 2019, 04:53 AM |#1005  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Still having issues with the beta, android auto crashes with error 12 on the master and the headunit freezes

Oppo a77
Sony xav-ax100 latest firmware
11th January 2019, 08:26 AM |#1006  
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkkzak

Main issue is with the slave - it doesn't remember the "default device" between reboots AND it soft reboots every time I turn off my car. Another issue with the reboots is that since my device is encrypted, AAGateway (or any other app) won't run until I unlock the slave with pin code; it also somehow breaks AA connection irreparably, so I have to unplug and full reboot. I can get some logs tomorrow.

I think you would get rid of most (if not all) of these problems if you would put official rom into your slave and not use encryption on it (slave does not need to store any sensitive data or google account to work with AAGateWay so I don't get the idea for having encryption or PIN lock there..)
11th January 2019, 09:02 AM |#1007  

More
So I've been trying for a while now and still can't get AA to appear on my Kia Miro, built in headunit.
Master is an S9
Slave is an lg G2
Think I've followed all instructions, when plug slave into usb, master says slave successfully connected, connected to AA server and AA init completed.
Slave says
AA gateway running on one notification and the other says listening to state changes
But car says "unable to connect to Android Auto", what am I missing??
Thanks
11th January 2019, 12:40 PM |#1008  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkkzak

So, for me, it works on first setup but not after - I have to reboot and unplug each phone.

Master: Pixel Xl, 9.0 December update, rooted

Agree with the other comment I will say that you don't need Encryption and fancy stuff on the Slave. In my testing on TV Stick and Orange Pi Zero I have disabled/uninstalled every possible package leaving the phone only with following packages, which are enough to make the app work:

Quote:

package:android
package:com.android.apkinstaller
package:com.android.providers.settings
package:com.android.packageinstaller
package:com.notriddle.null_launcer (This is a very small empty launcher replacing the standard one, no memory consumption at all)
package:com.android.inputmethod.latin
package:com.android.settings
package:uk.co.borconi.emil.aagateway
package:com.android.shell
package:com.android.systemui

11th January 2019, 12:43 PM |#1009  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexo95

Still having issues with the beta, android auto crashes with error 12 on the master and the headunit freezes

Oppo a77
Sony xav-ax100 latest firmware

@LLStarks - You as well please:

Can you please turn on force logging in Android Auto developer settings, and then send me a bug report from both phones, but please do tell me what you are sending. I do get emails with bug reports and no mention at all, so I'm never sure which app is it for, what should I look at, etc. Thank you.
I have the exact same Sony and it's working marvels on it, also using OnePlus which is Oppo brother, so I'm curious on what's causing the error 12.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th January 2019, 12:51 PM |#1010  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn4pdragon

So I've been trying for a while now and still can't get AA to appear on my Kia Miro, built in headunit.
Master is an S9
Slave is an lg G2
Think I've followed all instructions, when plug slave into usb, master says slave successfully connected, connected to AA server and AA init completed.
Slave says
AA gateway running on one notification and the other says listening to state changes
But car says "unable to connect to Android Auto", what am I missing??
Thanks

At that stage you should have a connection. Theoretically you are not missing anything. Can I have logs from both devices please?
11th January 2019, 01:26 PM |#1011  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

At that stage you should have a connection. Theoretically you are not missing anything. Can I have logs from both devices please?

I'm sorry for being a noob, but how do I get the logs?

---------- Post added at 02:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:26 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn4pdragon

I'm sorry for being a noob, but how do I get the logs?

Not using a PC
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)