3,037 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,453

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 6th July 2018, 07:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th August 2019, 02:18 PM |#1471  
Thanks Meter: 1,663

Donate to Me
More
On the latest RC4 APK i get the following, i have already let Emil know, does any one else get this? trying to determine if it's a ROM issue but it worked on the latest XDA Labs build fine.

This is via normal tethering and reverse tethering. reverse tethering on my phone also doesn't seem to allow internet to continue through to my master's mobile data connection but this is probably Samsung causing this as it seems others are saying this does work?

For reference the phones are

Samsung Galaxy Note 9 on Android Pie Official not rooted (Master)
Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 on LineageOS unofficial Android Pie with Magisk root. (Slave)

I may also be able to try it with a Nexus 7 2013 and a Samsung Galaxy A50 at some point.

29th August 2019, 05:40 PM |#1472  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:

On the latest RC4 APK

Where did you downloaded it from? Officially there is only RC3 from 19 Jan 2019 which I'm using since that time.
Should this version bring any big improvements or minor tweaks only for some cars/phones/Android versions?
29th August 2019, 06:43 PM |#1473  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
It does not work. I am using galaxy s7 as slave and s9 as master.
Can any one advice how to make it work.
29th August 2019, 06:51 PM |#1474  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsonix

Where did you downloaded it from? Officially there is only RC3 from 19 Jan 2019 which I'm using since that time.
Should this version bring any big improvements or minor tweaks only for some cars/phones/Android versions?

as per one of Emil's previous post there is a test version available upon request.
29th August 2019, 07:46 PM |#1475  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fma965

as per one of Emil's previous post there is a test version available upon request.

ok, thanks. this is one issued say 3 months ago or something newer? havent seen any post in summer with reference to any newer, but since you just reported issue i thought it may be some brand new release

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mycarsubaru

It does not work. I am using galaxy s7 as slave and s9 as master.
Can any one advice how to make it work.

probably no single recepie when there are issues - too many factors. a lot is written here on forum as feedback from users, e.g.some people need to use alfa version either on slave or both master and slave, as beta rc3 does not work. i use automate to prepare hotspot on slave and force wifi connection on master to it (with fixed ip) - in general not standard config(not as described by Emil in first post). i do not use any automatic start of tethering etc. works reasonably ok, but sometimes need to manually press start on master or reboot master phone, on slave usualli when i get android update downloaded all stops working (very odd, nothing instalked just message that it is available;goes back after installing it with phone reboot)
29th August 2019, 08:51 PM |#1476  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

ok, thanks. this is one issued say 3 months ago or something newer? havent seen any post in summer with reference to any newer, but since you just reported issue i thought it may be some brand new release

---------- Post added at 06:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:37 PM ----------

probably no single recepie when there are issues - too many factors. a lot is written here on forum as feedback from users, e.g.some people need to use alfa version either on slave or both master and slave, as beta rc3 does not work. i use automate to prepare hotspot on slave and force wifi connection on master to it (with fixed ip) - in general not standard config(not as described by Emil in first post). i do not use any automatic start of tethering etc. works reasonably ok, but sometimes need to manually press start on master or reboot master phone, on slave usualli when i get android update downloaded all stops working (very odd, nothing instalked just message that it is available;goes back after installing it with phone reboot)

yes like 3 months ago, do you get internet on the master via the master or via the slave? i can't seem to get data to work the same time as connected to a wifi hotspot from the slave.
29th August 2019, 09:54 PM |#1477  

More
Quote:

yes like 3 months ago, do you get internet on the master via the master or via the slave? i can't seem to get data to work the same time as connected to a wifi hotspot from the slave.

i described all details some time ago - I guess May/June? in short no internet needed on slave, no even SIM card needed there, though I have one plugged in (but tried also without) but disabled mobile data. for some reason though my slave receives internet, how I do not know, either toggling hotspot from Automate enables it (I use some hotsport workaround setting of Automate, otherwise it did not enabled it on my phone) or it works through master nonetheless hotspot is on slave? Just speculating, do not know, didn't digged down, for me important is things work.

FYI, I also tried hotspot on master, and WiFi direct conneciton and all worked OK as well, I just preferred hotspot on slave, as I kick it from Automate on when I receive USB power to slave, what happens when I open car, all is ready there, then when I start car and master establishes BT conneciton, then Automate on master forces conneciton with hotspot WiFi (to avoid delays that e.g. my office or home WiFi still keeps me connected and prevents AA to start successfully via AAGateway).
30th August 2019, 12:33 AM |#1478  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

i described all details some time ago - I guess May/June? in short no internet needed on slave, no even SIM card needed there, though I have one plugged in (but tried also without) but disabled mobile data. for some reason though my slave receives internet, how I do not know, either toggling hotspot from Automate enables it (I use some hotsport workaround setting of Automate, otherwise it did not enabled it on my phone) or it works through master nonetheless hotspot is on slave? Just speculating, do not know, didn't digged down, for me important is things work.

FYI, I also tried hotspot on master, and WiFi direct conneciton and all worked OK as well, I just preferred hotspot on slave, as I kick it from Automate on when I receive USB power to slave, what happens when I open car, all is ready there, then when I start car and master establishes BT conneciton, then Automate on master forces conneciton with hotspot WiFi (to avoid delays that e.g. my office or home WiFi still keeps me connected and prevents AA to start successfully via AAGateway).

I'm sorry but this makes no sense, if you have no SIM card in your slave and no ESim then it's impossible for you to have internet on the Slave. how do you know you have internet on the slave? AA is technically on the master so using internet connected features in AA won't prove this.

Could you provide your Automate config/profile, i have tried to get this working with the older version and automate but i am having no luck for some reason. I would like to use the slave for hotspot.

To clarify what i mean in my previous post, when my master is connected to the slave hotspot it is unable to use internet via AA as it seems 4g is not active while on wifi, despite apps like gopro etc doing this some how?

Also what devices are you using?
30th August 2019, 12:52 AM |#1479  

More
Quote:

I'm sorry but this makes no sense, if you have no SIM card in your slave and no ESim then it's impossible for you to have internet on the Slave. how do you know you have internet on the slave? AA is technically on the master so using internet connected features in AA won't prove this.

Could you provide your Automate config/profile, i have tried to get this working with the older version and automate but i am having no luck for some reason. I would like to use the slave for hotspot.

To clarify what i mean in my previous post, when my master is connected to the slave hotspot it is unable to use internet via AA as it seems 4g is not active while on wifi, despite apps like gopro etc doing this some how?

Also what devices are you using?

No I didn't say that, I said that AAGateway even worked without SIM on slave but with hotspot on slave, but currently I have SIM in slave with mobile data disabled. With receiving updates to slave I experienced with having SIM in slave, but having mobile data disconnected. I only said it as side comment as surprised me a bit (I just confirmed it is like that, only the moment I went to my car my master battery got flat and so I coudl not check if internet works on slave through its own hotspot to master), but is it important? Anyway I'm telling you what setups I tried, all worked, including hotspot on master or slave or direct WiFi setup etc.

Currently my master WiFi connection to slave's hotspot is with fixed IP forced. That IP address is put into slave app so it knows who to talk to. the only other setting is on master I have selected my car BT connection. all other options are left disabled.
30th August 2019, 09:40 AM |#1480  

Donate to Me
More
I have made some automate procedures and converted a previously made no root head unit server flow to English, feel free to use them.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190830-083935_Automate.jpg
Views:	368
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	4813169  
The Following User Says Thank You to fma965 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fma965 Ad-Free
30th August 2019, 07:36 PM |#1481  

Donate to Me
More
Well i defintely can't get data on the master while connected to the slave's tether, AA or just normal internet. has anyone with a samsung firmware got it working? i get the feeling its a no.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)