Thanks Meter: 0

More
No cóż zapłaciłem za tą aplikację, ale niestety nie mogę jej pobrać
8th October 2019, 04:25 PM |#1522  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delinquente1

The alpha has no master slave option and only needs to be installed to the "slave" phone you connect via usb. The alpha also does not ask for permissons.
Just start the gateway and hotspot on your normal phone before you go to your car, and then connect the slave phone to the usb and set to always start AAGateWay when prompted.

Oh okay. Just to confirm:

1. Install the Alpha AAGateway on the SLAVE
2. Start the Head Unit Server on AA on the Master
3. Configure hotspot on the master & connect it to the slave
4. Connect the slave via USB cable to the head unit and select AAGateway when prompted

Could you please confirm if i doing anything wrong?
8th October 2019, 09:36 PM |#1523  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

Beacon of hope, yesterday I had image on a Nissan Quasquai 2019, today finally I've managed to get image on Vauxhall (Opel/Holden) 2019 with intellink 4.0 (tough one!).
I've rewrote things up starting from scratch but things are looking promising.
I've more or less done with the move, I'm in the UK for 2 more days then going back to Romania.
I've post some update about the progress being made.
Yeah renting cars and trying in the car does make a huge difference.....

Did't quite get what the dev is pointing out by this post.

But I wasn't able to get it to run with my Note 4 (LineageOS 16) as slave, Note 9 (Stock) as master in an Intellilink 900 (Opel Astra)

Are there incompabilities concerning Headunits of some manufacturers that the dev was referring to in the past? Because I wasn't able to find anything written about that.

Edit:
So I problem for me was, that I hadn't installed AAGateway on the Master device. The dev statet to do so in the first post but somewhere else I read that wasn't the case when using the last beta version.
Next problem I am facing is, that I have to start AAGateway on the master first an than tap on "Manual Start" to establish the connection to the slave.

Isn't it possible to get that done automatically?
11th October 2019, 03:48 PM |#1524  
Thanks Meter: 1,659

Donate to Me
More
Not sure why you guys are saying that you don't need to install AAGateway on the master, it needs to be installed on both, how else will they communicate?
Yesterday, 01:35 PM |#1525  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fma965

Not sure why you guys are saying that you don't need to install AAGateway on the master, it needs to be installed on both, how else will they communicate?

There are two different app versions. First, the beta is the newer one, no one can "update" to the alpha
The beta - as far as i know - always needs to be installed on BOTH phones!

The alpha you should just use if the beta does not work with your phone/car constellation, as in my case.

For the alpha, just install it on the slave phone you want to connect to your cars USB, but dont connect it allready. (You even dont need android auto installed on your slave phone)

Start the server in android auto on your master phone and close Android auto again, server mode keeps running.
Then make a hotspot from your master phone and connect the slave phone to it.

Then connect the slave to your cars usb and when prompted, choose to always start AAGateway on the slave phone, DO NOT CHOOSE ANDROID AUTO HERE!! (sometimes you have to choose aagateway twice to always start)
After a few seconds you should get prompted on your master phone to setup android auto for the first time. After youve done this, setup is complete and android auto should start on your cars screen.
You also see the message on your master phone in the status bar that android auto is connected to your car.

When i leave my car, i just switch off the hotspot and android auto + google maps close on my master phone.
When i head back to my car i activate the hotspot on the way, BEFORE i start the car, and Android auto starts with the car automatic, nothing else to do.

Hope i could help some of you who have problems with connection of the alpha.

---------- Post added at 01:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:28 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanMN

Oh okay. Just to confirm:

1. Install the Alpha AAGateway on the SLAVE
2. Start the Head Unit Server on AA on the Master
3. Configure hotspot on the master & connect it to the slave
4. Connect the slave via USB cable to the head unit and select AAGateway when prompted

Could you please confirm if i doing anything wrong?

Hey RanMN!
Yes, this is exactly the procedure i get to work it with the alpha. If it doesnt work, delete cache and storage from AA on your master and restart both phones.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)