[Android 4.1+]Proxy/GateWay for Android Auto

2,685 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,183

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 6th July 2018, 07:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th November 2019, 05:43 PM |#1561  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm having some trouble keeping it working on my qashqai.

It works about 20% of the time, usually when both slave ( nexus 6p root) and master ( s10+) are rebooted and setup, it'll work, but after exiting the vehicle and reentering a while later, it won't start.

The slave keeps asking to set the app as default, which i keep doing but it doesn't seem to stay, or realize it's default. So I have to keep re-set it as default. this happens almost every time.

The master doesn't seem to start or quit tethering all the time. Starting usually works, but disconnecting/stopping is a lot more trouble.

Any Ideas on where to start troubleshooting?
6th November 2019, 03:12 PM |#1562  
Thanks Meter: 240

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dokuda

I'm having some trouble keeping it working on my qashqai.

It works about 20% of the time, usually when both slave ( nexus 6p root) and master ( s10+) are rebooted and setup, it'll work, but after exiting the vehicle and reentering a while later, it won't start.

The slave keeps asking to set the app as default, which i keep doing but it doesn't seem to stay, or realize it's default. So I have to keep re-set it as default. this happens almost every time.

The master doesn't seem to start or quit tethering all the time. Starting usually works, but disconnecting/stopping is a lot more trouble.

Any Ideas on where to start troubleshooting?

Yes, simple answer is Tasker (automatic setting up default on wifi/bt connection). This "evil plan" saved me 1000x times, really easy and useful app (google for tutorial).
Good luck.
7th November 2019, 12:04 AM |#1563  

More
Rather weirdly I still cannot download apps from XDA labs (including AAGateway) but ONLY to the MK808B stick i plan to use as the slave. I too get the 'download failed! something went wrong' error.
Yet I can download apps from XDA las app to the master device (Xiaomi M1 A1) which would suggest the certificate issue is resolved?
So why is AAGatway and all other XDA app downloads still failing to the rooted slave/mk808b?
Suggestions welcome as I can't fathom it
7th November 2019, 07:56 AM |#1564  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by acrawle3

Rather weirdly I still cannot download apps from XDA labs (including AAGateway) but ONLY to the MK808B stick i plan to use as the slave. I too get the 'download failed! something went wrong' error.
Yet I can download apps from XDA las app to the master device (Xiaomi M1 A1) which would suggest the certificate issue is resolved?
So why is AAGatway and all other XDA app downloads still failing to the rooted slave/mk808b?
Suggestions welcome as I can't fathom it

Try clearing cache for xdalabs on the mk808
7th November 2019, 02:05 PM |#1565  
Flag Bugella Civitas
Thanks Meter: 69

More
On Android 10 (and OP7 Pro Open Beta... every version), XDA labs doesn't work. So I downloaded the app on my old OP5 with Android Pie and moved the apk to my phone.
I didn't used the app yet because of lack of time and doubt on does it works on AA of Android 10 ?
BTW I will test it
7th November 2019, 11:33 PM |#1566  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexo95

Try clearing cache for xdalabs on the mk808

Thanks alexo95, tried that but no joy.
Can;t seem to find any settings on the MK808B plus that would stop ALL downloads from XDA labs app.
Weird thing is that I can download the XDA apk and install, also app from the play store. It's just ANY app (including AAGatway) from the labs apps installed on the MK808b plus TV stick.
Works perfectly on my Phone though.
8th November 2019, 03:37 PM |#1567  
Flag Bugella Civitas
Thanks Meter: 69

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by IlD4nX

On Android 10 (and OP7 Pro Open Beta... every version), XDA labs doesn't work. So I downloaded the app on my old OP5 with Android Pie and moved the apk to my phone.
I didn't used the app yet because of lack of time and doubt on does it works on AA of Android 10 ?
BTW I will test it

OK, Op7 pro as master with android 10, op5 as slave, head unit alfaromeo Giulia... Works: a bit tricky to work but... It works!!

Sent from my OnePlus7Pro using XDA Labs
9th November 2019, 11:50 PM |#1568  

More
Thinking of trying to use AA on a intel sofia joying 10.1. With my att note 9. ? Anybody have luck with this???
10th November 2019, 12:08 AM |#1569  

More
Tried today with the new version. Couldn't make it work.

Master: Galaxy S9+ on Pie
Slave: Nexus 5x on Oreo 8.1 (LineageOS)
Headunit: Honda Accord 2016

Problem:
1. Slave connects to the car, enables hotspot and shows the splashscreen - "Waiting for master to connect".
2. Master connects to the hotspot about two minutes later. I get notification that Android Auto is connected to the car. The black Android Auto screen on master starts to appear for a fraction of second and goes away.
3. At this point, master still shows that Android Auto is connected. Slave never changes its "waiting for master" state.

I tried rebooting master, turning on and off WiFi at this point but they don't work. My guess is the problem is on the Master side.
10th November 2019, 01:13 AM |#1570  
Thanks Meter: 31

More
Probably you Pixel (or nexus) owners should try THIS
10th November 2019, 10:36 AM |#1571  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroenf

Probably you Pixel (or nexus) owners should try THIS

This is fine for a head unit with wi-fi connectivity but most head units do not have wi-fi. That is why Emil's solution will be such a game changer.
The Following User Says Thank You to rpgreentree For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rpgreentree Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)