2,749 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,233

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 6th July 2018, 07:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd December 2019, 11:57 PM |#1601  
Apopka, FL
Thanks Meter: 26

More
Hey Emil, is it possible to make use of the Wifi Launcher for HUR to connect to a slave wireless hotspot to make this connect using the native implementation of Android auto so we don't need to have the headunit server running? I'm having difficulty having that automatically start (Android 10, but I am rooted if you have thoughts to do so).
5th December 2019, 08:09 PM |#1602  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexiperplexi91

Hey Emil, is it possible to make use of the Wifi Launcher for HUR to connect to a slave wireless hotspot to make this connect using the native implementation of Android auto so we don't need to have the headunit server running? I'm having difficulty having that automatically start (Android 10, but I am rooted if you have thoughts to do so).

Have the same problem, headunit server doesn't start automatically, but flag in Aagateway and im also rooted. One more thing, i used Runshell command in Tasker: am startservice -W com.google.android.projection.gearhead/com.google.android.projection.gearhead.companion.D eveloperHeadUnitNetworkService. It is show error 13. Command doesn't work.
Rooted Pixel 3, Android 10
6th December 2019, 05:04 PM |#1603  

More
Good first attempt, working on ironing out the bugs
I recently (yesterday) purchased a 2018 Nissan Rogue, I was considering a 2018.5 Rogue Sport, but they didn't seem fit to offer AA until 2019, and the head unit swap would have been very challenging and involved rewiring critical subsystem connections, and I'm not even 100% sure it would have worked. I digress, I came across this thread/app and after reading many pages of comments and notes, decides to give it a try. I happened to have a rooted 1st Gen Kindle Fire running CyanogenMod, which isn't really supported anymore, but it still runs fine. I disabled basically everything and after finding a workaround for the failed download from XDA labs app (it worked on my GS10+ running P) I got everything set up, running hotspot from my master and everything configured on the rooted slave. It took a few tries of rebooting, unplug-replug and rebooting the head unit server, but I finally got it working! I'm now trying to get it to consistently work, playing around with the USB WIFI toggles and power toggles on the slave. For some reason, it will alternate between saying root priveleges granted and asking me to set a default for AA over USB. Anyone have any tips on the order and configuration for settings/connections on the slave, and whether I need to keep the hotspot running all the time on the master? Or does the tethering automation kick in on BT connect with the cars head unit? Thanks in advance!
6th December 2019, 06:05 PM |#1604  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello,

After install this app, my Xiaomi MiA1, is turn crazy after reboot. The phone is slow to start, there is any way to back my phone to normal? Thx.
Yesterday, 11:28 PM |#1605  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
someone can recomend a "android stick" that works perfect?.
I will buy one and use it with a xiaomi mix2s and i want to buy one that works and not waste my money

thanks a lot
Yesterday, 11:33 PM |#1606  

More
Hi Emil,
I was wondering, assuming I can install/remove apps from Android running Head Unit, what does it takes to add wireless support to existing wired AA feature?
Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)