7th July 2018, 03:39 PM |#11  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield
Thanks Meter: 1,911

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukesan

Ok, got the Mk802, 808 etc etc so I might finally have a good destination for those. Lazy and working is a combo that also works.
Wondering if there is like a beta test thing, or is it complex to get it up and running? I'm pretty sure a lot of people are seriously interested in this. It would offer the freedom of charging your phone the proper way.

Not that far away, the only problem this will be braking my fix for obd2aa, so I need to make the 2 things compatible. I also need to do find a way to set the defaults without plugging into the car, you won't really be able to plug in a HDMI screen when you plug it in the car.

I've started fully rewriting my HUR app moving all the code from C to Java, once that is done and I fix other issues with obd2aa I will be pushing this forward

Ideally I will like to have a release available before I go on holiday on the 17th of July but not sure I will manage to do it all by that time.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]

7th July 2018, 03:49 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 250

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

Not that far away, the only problem this will be braking my fix for obd2aa, so I need to make the 2 things compatible. I also need to do find a way to set the defaults without plugging into the car, you won't really be able to plug in a HDMI screen when you plug it in the car.

I've started fully rewriting my HUR app moving all the code from C to Java, once that is done and I fix other issues with obd2aa I will be pushing this forward

Ideally I will like to have a release available before I go on holiday on the 17th of July but not sure I will manage to do it all by that time.

Yup, sounds like a bit of an issue that you can't really test since we'll have no screen. Well maybe a sort of a config txt file. Most of us will have to clear the thing on a tv screen or monitor anyway because a lot of crap is installed on these devices. I guess it makes sense to have something that can show if the stick is getting data from the phone. There is always a way.
9th July 2018, 09:47 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:

Not that far away, the only problem this will be braking my fix for obd2aa, so I need to make the 2 things compatible...

No offense to obd2aa, I use it daily, but I'd be interested in this even without it
9th July 2018, 10:13 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Where is the APK to give it a try ?
9th July 2018, 10:16 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:

Currently only a placeholder for those interested in the project while working on development.

Background
- Couple of years ago Google have launched Android Auto, but up till recently the only way to connect your device to the car/head unit was to plug in a USB cable. As of 2018 this starts to change, BUT it looks like you will need to get new hardware for this and older cars/head units won't be upgraded to support this, neither phones with older OS.

Concept
- Since many of us will like to have this wire free but not ready / willing or have the possibility to upgrade the units/cars/phones I have thought of a way to achieve this, by using a small auxiliary device, like for example a very cheap and basic Android TV stick, which can be plugged in/mounted in the car and which can fulfil the roll of a Wifi antenna for your car.

This app should allow you to transform any android powered device into a Wifi receiver for your Android Auto compatible Car/Headunit. Please do not confuse Android Auto, with Android powered headunit (usually Chinese, like MTCB, MTCD, Joying, etc).

If you are interested in this project please simply subscribe to this thread and follow the updates.

Teaser:
[YOUTUBE]tc0gpgMBuLo[/YOUTUBE]

I'm interested, I have a Tahoe with AA and an Android stick. Your project sounds great, can't wait!!
9th July 2018, 10:17 PM |#16  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
You should have it by the 17th of July, I'm just in the middle of rewriting another app, once I completed that I will focus on this one. I'm going away on a holiday on the 17th of July so I'm really pushing to have it out there by then.
9th July 2018, 10:56 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Having the same XAV-AX100, and I was pissed off when I heard that in order to use wireless android auto it needs to be replaced.
Great idea, can`t wait to test it.
9th July 2018, 11:36 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Do you think it can works also with windows stick.? Or only android?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
9th July 2018, 11:38 PM |#19  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeromeo01

Do you think it can works also with windows stick.? Or only android?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never heard of a windows stick... Any link/reference? In theory it can work with almost anything but since Android Auto need Open Accessory, Android device will be the preferred option, having all the classes already available.
9th July 2018, 11:53 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:

Never heard of a windows stick... Any link/reference? In theory it can work with almost anything but since Android Auto need Open Accessory, Android device will be the preferred option, having all the classes already available.

Its exactly the same.
Mini PC stick, but using windows 10 as OS.
Just a little bit more expensive. But I already have one to try.
https://www.windowscentral.com/best-stick-pcs

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
10th July 2018, 12:12 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Along the same route but slightly different, instead of a Windows stick PC what about a Pi to play middleman. At $30 it's probably cheaper than the Android stick and could have a lot more flexibility down the road for things like an external hard drive or logic like auto updating playlists when you get home.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)