3,037 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,453

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 6th July 2018, 07:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th January 2020, 02:27 PM |#2281  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
@Emil Borconi

tried to install the VAGTEST version of AAGateway on MK809V stick but also with this version I had the problem of app disappearing once it was made into system app, so no go!
26th January 2020, 07:50 AM |#2282  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golubev

So, i bought today MK809IV Rockchip RK3229 with Android 5.1.1 instead of stick with Android 7.1 and now everything is OK! My master is Samsung S10+, HU Audi Q7 MMI high. No single dropouts during 2 hours of listening.
Emil, thank you for the great project!

Is your master rooted?
Also can you tell version of Android auto, aagateway, WiFi for HUR and maybe settings for good matter?
Thx
26th January 2020, 10:30 AM |#2283  

More
Quote:

So, i bought today MK809IV Rockchip RK3229 with Android 5.1.1 instead of stick with Android 7.1 and now everything is OK! My master is Samsung S10+, HU Audi Q7 MMI high. No single dropouts during 2 hours of listening.

how did you manage to install AAGateway as system app without it disappearing from list of apps/icons?
26th January 2020, 12:46 PM |#2284  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 126

More
On 2.06, the assist button on my steering wheel (which triggers the Google Assistant) doesn't work. It brings up the Google Assistant graphic, but it's not responsive to my voice and doesn't mute the playing audio. This works fine on 2.04.
26th January 2020, 01:11 PM |#2285  

More
@Emil Borconi

in older versions of AAGateway eg. 1.1 and older versions of AA eg 4.0 or whatever, the restrictions in google maps and waze which prevent manual input of destinations when the car was moving, had been deliberately disabled by you.

It is good, in my opinion, to remove such unnecessary restrictions which also prevent a front seat passenger from manually putting in a destination when eg. you are travelling on a motorway so one cannot just stop, and it has been decided to go to another destination, to which one has not navigated to before, and one has had bad experiences with voice input.

I have tried it with the latest version of AAGateway and latest version of AA and found that the restriction is no longer disabled. Is this accidental or caused by the new AA UI for example?
26th January 2020, 06:07 PM |#2286  
Flag St Petersburg
Thanks Meter: 172

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zece-88

Is your master rooted?
Also can you tell version of Android auto, aagateway, WiFi for HUR and maybe settings for good matter?
Thx

My master is not rooted (Samsung Galaxy S10+). AA version is 4.9.594934. WiFi launcher for HUR version is 1.5 , Aagateway 2.06.
Quote:
Originally Posted by martin.armstrong

how did you manage to install AAGateway as system app without it disappearing from list of apps/icons?

when I installed the aagateway I rebooted 2 times. And when I installed the new version, I additionally deleted the old one manually from \system\priv-app\ with rootexporer
26th January 2020, 06:19 PM |#2287  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Tg. Secuiesc / Kezdivasarhely
Thanks Meter: 2,453

Donate to Me
More
I will be back in office tomorrow, will read through the emails, also new build should be available tomorrow, together with some really nice news on the longer feature of this project.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2020, 07:12 PM |#2288  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I've yet to be able to get any version of the new builds to work. Old version was spotty but worked. I've tried every case scenario so far with no luck. Except once or twice in which it only worked for about 15 seconds and then nothing.

Slave is Galaxy S7 edge rooted
Master is Galaxy note 8 not rooted
Headunit is a stock 2017 Chevy Cruze mylink

I have slave start/stop hotspot on power via Tasker, this works well and the aagateway starts listening.

Then master connects to car bt and wifi launcher starts up and connects the master to the slaves hotspot. Almost immediately after wifi launcher closes and I'll get a very brief notification from aa saying it's connected to my car then it goes away and nothing happens on headunit.

I've tried slave in root/non root and same result. Master as hotspot and aa headunit server on.

Nonroot mode did display the message waiting for master on the head unit at one point and then stopped and won't come back again. Not sure if I bugged some setting while doing all these tests. But resets on the slave have been to no luck.

Edit: removed aagateway from system app, factory reset slave. After reset I left aagateway in root mode and set up tethering settings. Started tethering (never worked through aagateway, which is why I needed Tasker to do so) then I toggled bt on master, wifi launcher kicked on ran through process of connecting to slave. Aa notification appears and head unit asked to switch to aa, and slave asked for default app. Chose aagateway and always, then slave says connected as USB accessory and master aa notification goes away with nothing happening on head unit. Unplug slave and plug it back in slave goes to charging only with no usb connection as expected for root mode. Toggle bt on master wifi launcher starts it's process and aa notification appears briefly and goes away. All while the slave shows nothing and doesn't switch to usb accessory mode.
26th January 2020, 07:45 PM |#2289  
Flag Lancashire
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatermike21988

I've yet to be able to get any version of the new builds to work. Old version was spotty but worked. I've tried every case scenario so far with no luck. Except once or twice in which it only worked for about 15 seconds and then nothing.

I have slave start/stop hotspot on power via Tasker, this works well and the aagateway starts listening.

Then master connects to car bt and wifi launcher starts up and connects the master to the slaves hotspot. Almost immediately after wifi launcher closes and I'll get a very brief notification from aa saying it's connected to my car then it goes away and nothing happens on headunit.

I've tried slave in root/non root and same result. Master as hotspot and aa headunit server on.

Nonroot mode did display the message waiting for master on the head unit at one point and then stopped and won't come back again. Not sure if I bugged some setting while doing all these tests. But resets on the slave have been to no luck.

1.3 worked well for me , and the build in early January worked,
The latest build V2.0.6 doesn't work at all for me, not even on the mk809v tv stick. I've rolled back to 1.3 for the time being which works well using my master to create the hotspot.

I'm Sure Emil will sort it, the problem is just too many permutations of cars, phones and android versions. The number of possible combinations must be in the millions
I'm Hoping Emils news relates to a standard device such as an orange pi or other developer board with good community support. The mk809v is ok but obsolete.
Even better , A plug and play device would have a huge market, There are so many cars with android auto .

Like others here, I love tinkering with it, but it would be better for Emil and us if he could get it perfect with just one cheap device.

After that, an app that we can try with any old phone as slave is just a bonus.
26th January 2020, 08:06 PM |#2290  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skatermike21988

I initially had a few issues... But this worked pretty much every time...

Slave (Samsung s7 rooted lineageos 16)...
Root mode. Start tethering.

Turn ignition on, make sure hotspot turns on and slave notification has changed to headunit reloaded and no longer showing aagateway listener. Not sure if this needs to happen, but it's what I noticed when testing. (If it doesn't change to headunit reloaded and/or the hotspot doesn't start, sometime I would have to pull the usb and plug back in until it did, or reset the slave. I had macrodroid macro to ensure 99% of the time I would connect successfully.)

Master (Xiaomi Mi8 rooted with Aosp build, so I can be connected to HUR hotspot and still use mobile data, as this does not work on Miui)...
Bluetooth is currently off. Wait for master to connect HUR hotspot from slave. Once connected, turn Bluetooth on. This initiates WiFi launcher once connected to cars Bluetooth and I successfully connect. (I changed this to a macrodroid macro to automate the above)

Slave Macros...
On power disconnect, reboot. This massively increased the chances of a successful connection next time I got in the car.

On power connected. If hotspot didn't start within 10 seconds. Disable and then re-enable usb, try this 2 times, and if hotspot still didn't start, reboot.

Master macros...
On connection of HUR hotspot, turn on Bluetooth.

On disconnection of HUR hotspot, turn off Bluetooth.

With this set up I would connect pretty much everytime, but this would be phone / headunit specific, but it worked for me.

Unfortunately due to audio issues with Spotify. I have parked this for the time being, but the above set up may help others.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Marshy33 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Marshy33 Ad-Free
26th January 2020, 08:11 PM |#2291  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Could you post the link to order the MK809?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)