3,038 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,456

By Emil Borconi, Recognized Developer on 6th July 2018, 07:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
12th February 2020, 09:43 AM |#2461  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to run a root Slave MK809IV stick TV Android 4.4.4 RK3128.

The software installation (beta 2.0.8) is done correctly on the key (with reboot at the end), however when it starts it goes directly into HUR hotspot mode which has the consequence to cut the wifi, the slave can't connect to the master hotspot.

Do you have an idea, either the configuration or my hardware is not correct.

My master phone is an Honor 20 pro Android 9 (non Root).
The vehicle is a Skoda Superb 3 with an Amundsen MIB2 like many VW's

Thank you in advance
12th February 2020, 10:03 AM |#2462  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by h3lixir

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to run a root Slave MK809IV stick TV Android 4.4.4 RK3128.

The software installation (beta 2.0.8) is done correctly on the key (with reboot at the end), however when it starts it goes directly into HUR hotspot mode which has the consequence to cut the wifi, the slave can't connect to the master hotspot.

Do you have an idea, either the configuration or my hardware is not correct.

My master phone is an Honor 20 pro Android 9 (non Root).

The vehicle is a Skoda Superb 3 with an Amundsen MIB2 like many VW's

Thank you in advance

If the slave is connecting to the masters hotspot, make sure you have start tethering disabled in AAgateway on the slave, and have selected the masters hotspot.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
12th February 2020, 10:32 AM |#2463  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pflarini

This does not work for me. Its keep showing both icons? WIFI with exclamation and 4G?

I presume you have set the options for 'mobile data always on' and 'auto-switching to mobile data' This second one seems strangely to be only on my Asus Android 10 phone and not on my Motorola one Android 9 phone (it appears when I do a search of 'settings' but when I tap on it to view it, it does not appear!).

With my Android 10 phone and my android 9 phone (which I use normally as slave with AAGateway) I only have mobile data when the phone switches directly from using mobile data to connecting to the hotspot.

You should test it in isolation by going somewhere where you are out of range of a WiFi which you have authorisation for, or at home after telling phone to forget your home WiFi password, display the list of WiFi networks and toggle WiFi using quick settings, then quickly swipe away the quick settings display and check that it just switches directly to it and not to some other WiFi beforehand.
12th February 2020, 05:58 PM |#2464  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifewandy

Can you share your Tasker profile?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/110B...w?usp=drivesdk

That's the link to the macrodriod profile, I don't have it for tasker.

Sent from my MI 8 using Tapatalk
13th February 2020, 12:31 PM |#2465  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I started a issue in Google Issue Tracker. Anybody can help starring this?

https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/149275018

Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to pflarini For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pflarini Ad-Free
13th February 2020, 11:03 PM |#2466  

More
Does this work with Mazda
Hi. Do you know if this trick works on the Mazda Connect Android Auto that comes with Mazda Vehicles?
15th February 2020, 09:15 AM |#2467  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Tg. Secuiesc / Kezdivasarhely
Thanks Meter: 2,456

Donate to Me
More
Hi guys.

Just some quick updates, I'm just over now with 2 weeks of bloody flu, which knocked me off, so I hardly did any work at all in the last 2 weeks, meaning I'm more behind than I was hoping to be at this stage. My Orange Pi still haven't arrived the tracking shows last activity at 21st of January leaving China, and nothing after that.

On the linux front, there where progress made but there are new obstacles there as well regarding USB gadget mode, @Snirpo is working on them but he also had a couple of busy weeks.

I'll update you as soon as I have more information.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th February 2020, 11:52 AM |#2468  

More
Hi, I would like to try it on my old Xperia V, which has Android 4.1. But I can't pay for the app through XDA Labs, so I can't even download and install it. Is there any other way to pay and download the app? Perhaps through another cell phone and then transfer it to old Xperia? Thank you for your help.
15th February 2020, 04:35 PM |#2469  
Flag Lancashire
Thanks Meter: 72

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayki07

Hi, I would like to try it on my old Xperia V, which has Android 4.1. But I can't pay for the app through XDA Labs, so I can't even download and install it. Is there any other way to pay and download the app? Perhaps through another cell phone and then transfer it to old Xperia? Thank you for your help.

Buy it on your main phone, as long as your old xperia is logged into xda, you'll then be able to download it without paying again
15th February 2020, 05:43 PM |#2470  

More
Thank you for your advice, I have already installed, I'm going to try ...
16th February 2020, 07:13 PM |#2471  

More
I think I made some progress, now at least I am getting AA enabled icon on my car's head unit. I have Mi A1 rooted running android 9 as a slave, Master is Galaxy S10 running Android 10. The car is Kia 2019. When I connect the slave to the master and turn on the car I do get an Android auto-enabled icon on the Car's head unit but then at that second wifi on the slave will turn off and AA gateway on the slave will also stop or cash. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)