FORUMS

[Android 4.1+]Proxy/GateWay for Android Auto

3,045 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,497
 
By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 6th July 2018, 06:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2020, 02:05 AM |#2671  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi Everyone, appreciate a little help here too.

Running in root mode: Yes

* Did the slave actually turned on the hotspot on the slave: Yes

* On the master did you select the cars BT in the Wifi Launcher app?: Yes

* When the master connected to the car's BT did the Wifi launcher app started up?: Yes

* Did the master connected to the slaves hotspot?: Yes

* Did the AA icon appeared on the master at all (in the notification bar)?: No

Slave: Samsung Galaxy S4-I9505 (rooted with Lineage OS16)
Master: Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (Not Rooted)

Car: Honda Civic X

I have been tinkering over the past few days but doesnt seem like slave and master is talking to each other apart from being connected via slave hotspot or master hotspot.

I have tried manually setting up the hotspot on slave and connecting master to the tether. Then connecting the usb cable onto my car unit. Nothing happens except that theres an message on my car unit saying the connected phone is not android auto compatible. Unsure if any same car users can share their advice.

Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk
23rd March 2020, 10:15 AM |#2672  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Tg. Secuiesc / Kezdivasarhely
Thanks Meter: 2,497
 
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys.
As promised more updates will follow. The embedded board will run on Linux (this is now 95% sure) I will be making a small config app for the phone as we want the board to be simple plug and play, however some config should be achievable using a small app on the phone. This means I won't be working too much on the board side and I will be focusing on improving / fixing the app as much as possible. I also want to check if I can implement the remote connection from the slave without modifying the slaves BT stack (that will mean no more WiFi Launcher on the master will be needed).

I need to tidy up a few loose ends this morning, but do expect more activity from me during the day / week.
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
23rd March 2020, 05:35 PM |#2673  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

Hi guys.
As promised more updates will follow. The embedded board will run on Linux (this is now 95% sure) I will be making a small config app for the phone as we want the board to be simple plug and play, however some config should be achievable using a small app on the phone. This means I won't be working too much on the board side and I will be focusing on improving / fixing the app as much as possible. I also want to check if I can implement the remote connection from the slave without modifying the slaves BT stack (that will mean no more WiFi Launcher on the master will be needed).

I need to tidy up a few loose ends this morning, but do expect more activity from me during the day / week.

Hi Emil,

for me it works much reliable a MK809 4k Stick well.
But of course i‘m also interested in a linux version.

I have here a Orange Pi Zero Plus (H5) Board.

If you need somebody for testing, i would be pleased to help out.
24th March 2020, 06:49 PM |#2674  
LLStarks's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 550
 
More
I'll probably pick up the Orange Pi Zero Plus2 H5 and see what I can do with it. Just messing around. Should be susceptible to every rooting attack. Kingo, King, Pingpong, etc.

Just wish there was a slim case and not the double-height to accommodate a daughterboard I don't need.
27th March 2020, 02:20 PM |#2675  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Anyone care to share with me an older beta as I'm having crap luck with 2.0.8. I posted a few weeks back my experiences and while I had a couple successes it's just not wanting to work at all anymore whatever I try. I sent a PM to Emil but no response to try and get another version.
27th March 2020, 02:33 PM |#2676  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lancer1991

Anyone care to share with me an older beta as I'm having crap luck with 2.0.8. I posted a few weeks back my experiences and while I had a couple successes it's just not wanting to work at all anymore whatever I try. I sent a PM to Emil but no response to try and get another version.

You should send Emil an email, he shares it on one of these forum pages, and he'll send you all the previous versions.
The Following User Says Thank You to pavichokche For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pavichokche Ad-Free
28th March 2020, 04:50 PM |#2677  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
hello
i tried but i have this message on my headunit

"the connected device does not support USB functions"

sorry for my english, im french
31st March 2020, 01:46 PM |#2678  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 201
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

Hi guys.
As promised more updates will follow. The embedded board will run on Linux (this is now 95% sure) I will be making a small config app for the phone as we want the board to be simple plug and play, however some config should be achievable using a small app on the phone. This means I won't be working too much on the board side and I will be focusing on improving / fixing the app as much as possible. I also want to check if I can implement the remote connection from the slave without modifying the slaves BT stack (that will mean no more WiFi Launcher on the master will be needed).

I need to tidy up a few loose ends this morning, but do expect more activity from me during the day / week.

Hi Emil,

Following this for months now and had little success on my 2016 VW polo and an old lg g4.

android auto wireless is launched in 33 additional country's. Does this have any positive impact on aagateway development?

Looking forward to an Linux based client.
Are there any news on this?

Thank you

Gesendet von meinem ONEPLUS A6013 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to popy2006 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift popy2006 Ad-Free
Yesterday, 05:05 PM |#2679  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I got it working on a rooted S8 with an S10 master and an AUDI MMI2 Navigation Plus head unit. I had previously configured the S8 as a permanent in car phone. I made it so that it powers on when it receives USB power and shuts down when it loses USB power. Unfortunately it appears that the slave has to be ready before the master connects to the car Bluetooth or it will not establish the AA over wifi connection. Is there a workaround for this? I also noticed that when playing music through the connection it occasionally cuts the sound for a fraction of a second.
Yesterday, 06:03 PM |#2680  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac5079

I got it working on a rooted S8 with an S10 master and an AUDI MMI2 Navigation Plus head unit. I had previously configured the S8 as a permanent in car phone. I made it so that it powers on when it receives USB power and shuts down when it loses USB power. Unfortunately it appears that the slave has to be ready before the master connects to the car Bluetooth or it will not establish the AA over wifi connection. Is there a workaround for this? I also noticed that when playing music through the connection it occasionally cuts the sound for a fraction of a second.

Can you explain how you realize the power on with usb power? on my devices, several samsung galxy A models i didn‘t found the feature.
Yesterday, 08:59 PM |#2681  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morpho26

Can you explain how you realize the power on with usb power? on my devices, several samsung galxy A models i didn‘t found the feature.

To do this you will need a rooted phone. To turn it off I used Tasker. I don't have enough posts here to give you a link to the guide to get it to power on. Try to google for "AutoBoot Android When Charger Connected Instructables".
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes