I'm having some trouble getting AAGateway to work and I'm hoping someone can help me out.
My master is a rooted Google Pixel 2 XL running Android 10.0, my slave is an also rooted MK809V TV stick running Android 5.1.1 with AAGateway 2.2, and my vehicle is a 2016 Ford Mustang.
I followed the instructions here on this thread. Here's exactly what I did:
1.) Paired the phone and TV stick in Bluetooth settings.
2.) Installed AAGateway on the MK809V stick and converted it to a system app upon first launch.
3.) Enabled the start tethering option in AAGateway
4.) Selected the master's Bluetooth MAC in AAGateway
5.) Installed WiFi Launcher for HUR from XDA Labs on the master (Pixel).
6.) Set location permission for WiFi Launcher to Always
7.) Selected the slave (TV stick) in WiFi Launcher and exited.
8.) Went out to the car, plugged in the TV Stick USB, and started the car.
9.) WiFi Launcher on the phone starts and connects to the TV Stick's hotspot automatically, and the phone says it's connected to Android Auto! (But it does not show up on the car's head unit)
10.) After about 5 seconds, the phone loses connection to the TV Stick, and then eventually reconnects again, says connected to Android Auto, then loses connection after 5 seconds, reconnects, and it loops like this over and over.
Android Auto never actually shows up on the car's head unit at any point...
If you could help me out here and tell me where I might be going wrong, I'd really appreciate it!
Master is running Pie or above and slave is tethering:
- Running in root mode: YES
- If running in non-root mode, is the splashscreen visible on the car: Running root mode
- If running in non-root mode, did you set the masters BT inside AAGW app?: Running root mode
- Did the slave actually turned on the hotspot on the slave: YES
- On the master did you select the cars BT in the Wifi Launcher app?: NO (the instructions say to select the slaves BT in the wifi launcher app...
- When the master connected to the car's BT did the Wifi launcher app started up?: Yes
- Did the master connected to the slaves hotspot?: YES, but then disconnects after about 5 seconds, and eventually reconnects, then disconnects again (loops like this over and over)
- Did the AA icon appeared on the master at all (in the notification bar)?: YES, but then disappears when it disconnects as stated above.
5. in WifiLauncher you MUST select the car unit BT!