[Android 4.1+]Proxy/GateWay for Android Auto

3,120 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,645

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 6th July 2018, 06:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th May 2020, 10:46 PM |#2801  
Thanks Meter: 557

More
Only downsides to the Pi 3 would be size and uncertainty regarding its USB modes. Everything else? It's perfect.
  • Cases
  • Throw any OS or version on it until things work (Android Things as a lightweight option!)
  • Well-understood hardware

Is there anything the Pi 4 adds on top of that other than even more unused ports?
The Following User Says Thank You to LLStarks For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LLStarks Ad-Free
29th May 2020, 05:59 AM |#2802  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I think major downside is power consumption. The pi3 is way oversized in term of performance I guess. Not sure if all radio usb ports will provide sufficient power. Unfortunately bt and wifi are not on board on the older pi versions. Maybe the nano version would work?
Anyway, ordered a mk809v hoping it will run smooth.
29th May 2020, 10:27 AM |#2803  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Tg. Secuiesc / Kezdivasarhely

Donate to Me
More
That is my worry point with the Pi3, the power consumption, many cars have 500mA max current which is too low for the Pi board.
The size is quite big as well, Android performance is so-so, lack of EMMC made it a really unfit candidate for the job. A Raspberry Pi Zero W with EMMC would be a much nicer candidate for the Linux version as well, but sadly they don't exist.
29th May 2020, 01:14 PM |#2804  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
For the Pi3 the solution could be a wire which connects the power contacts to the cigarette lighter plug and the data contacts to the USB port.
31st May 2020, 05:27 AM |#2805  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
"playstore availability"
When will the stable version be ported to google playstore?
2nd June 2020, 02:16 PM |#2806  
Thanks Meter: 557

More
My MK809V came in. Can't get the car to detect it at all. And yes, it's plugged into the right USB on both ends.

Is there a setting I'm missing to set the USB port a certain way?
3rd June 2020, 11:44 AM |#2807  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Has anyone run into a situation where they have audio working, but the vehicle headunit remains dark? This seems to happen regardless of using Launcher, or just the HU server, and despite swapping between master/slave for tethering.

Pixel 4 XL Master (rooted)
Galaxy S8 *and* Galaxy S9+ Slaves (both unrooted)
3rd June 2020, 02:20 PM |#2808  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Reason the app is not on playstore as despite all the attempts it is not something easy to configure and use. People who use XDA generally are slightly more advance users and even they find it difficult at times to get it all running. Adding it to PlayStore will mean much more support needed from my side, which I'm not sure I can offer without a hit in the quality level of support I try to give to everyone.
@ScrapMaker - Press the home button on the unit and then go back to AA
@LLStarks - Car should only detect the unit after it established the connection with the master. Email me for help.

This is the last update from @Snirpo I've got today: "I completed the refactoring. Aasdk is completely gone now except for the protobuf stuff. Now i'm squashing bugs I introduced because of the refactoring. I have a lot more confidence in the code right now. Probably will have it working very soon "
The Following User Says Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2020, 02:20 PM |#2809  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Reason the app is not on playstore as despite all the attempts it is not something easy to configure and use. People who use XDA generally are slightly more advance users and even they find it difficult at times to get it all running. Adding it to PlayStore will mean much more support needed from my side, which I'm not sure I can offer without a hit in the quality level of support I try to give to everyone.

@ScrapMaker - Press the home button on the unit and then go back to AA

@LLStarks - Car should only detect the unit after it established the connection with the master. Email me for help.

This is the last update from @Snirpo I've got today: "I completed the refactoring. Aasdk is completely gone now except for the protobuf stuff. Now i'm squashing bugs I introduced because of the refactoring. I have a lot more confidence in the code right now. Probably will have it working very soon "
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd June 2020, 06:17 PM |#2810  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
hi to all,

I am a new user and I am staring with stable release. I follow the instruction but I how no luck for succesfull connection and need some help.

Slave = OnePlus One non-rooted (Andorid 6.1):
- AAWifiGateway installed
- connected to master BT phone

Master = Huawei P30pro non-rooted (Android 10)
- Wifi launcher installed
- start app when slave BT is detected

What happens:
- Connect slave to the car unit (VW radio unit). The connection is succesfull second time and it says connect master on car unit and on slave I see Headunit Reloaded Wifi Service connected to car unit.
- on master I get a notification Wifi direct enabled,m then disabled and I see HUR wifi connection with no internet. AA is starting but before the screen is shown on car unit everything disconnects (on slave Headunit Reloaded restarts and I need to connect again with car unit and on Master AA crashes and also the phone automatically unlocks and goes to app drawer)

any help and tips apriciated
6th June 2020, 07:32 PM |#2811  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Just pushed a beta version out for WiFi Launcher.
Some user might have experienced Master connecting to slave for a second then sudden disconnect (only when slave was tethering), the update on WiFi Launcher will probably help fix this issue.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)