By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 6th July 2018, 06:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
7th August 2020, 07:25 PM |#3001  
Flag Moore, OK
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

Also I need to drive home now from Netherlands (2085 km) but next week I will update the thread about our plans for beta testers.

Would be glad to beta test. I have a working master/slave setup but would like something more stable as phones and software constantly change.
7th August 2020, 10:38 PM |#3002  
Thanks Meter: 563

More
I'm in for beta and the crowdfunding
7th August 2020, 11:43 PM |#3003  
Thanks Meter: 77

More
I think it's pretty obvious that every single person in this thread is willing to beta test -- let's not spam the forum, and just wait for him to give us proper details.
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ScrapMaker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ScrapMaker Ad-Free
9th August 2020, 06:23 AM |#3004  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

Also I need to drive home now from Netherlands (2085 km) but next week I will update the thread about our plans for beta testers.

Great news!!!

You have too many people here you Can count

Regards from Mexico !!!
9th August 2020, 10:39 AM |#3005  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Good day.
I have some questions about program function.
I think aagateway connection receiver for tcpip stream, but without sim card wifi tethering not activated on slave. Master is Android 10, slave 4.4.4.
Why don't recommended connect to wifi hotspot on master? And how Android Auto return stream to receiver? By broadcast, or by direct ip connection?
9th August 2020, 03:59 PM |#3006  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Tg. Secuiesc / Kezdivasarhely
Thanks Meter: 2,923

Donate to Me
More
Finally back and manged to clear my email inbox as well (took me a bit).
About the beta testing as this is the hot subject at the moment, I saw quite a lot of interest and I also received some emails about this, before we do this I will like to clarify a few things, mainly on what we are looking for beta testers.

1) Only people with STOCK Android ROMS running Android 9 or 10 ( sorry as ROM's can cause issues we can't really try to support non-stock ROM them right now)
2) People who know how to get a bug report if it's needed and who are familiar with ADB commands (Linux savvy users are preferred to be honest)
3) People who already have a Rock Pi S or are OK to buy one (even if that won't be used after the final product is out, it must be the WiFi enabled version RAM/NAND not needed)
4) People who are OK if their email address and XDA member does show up on a public spreadsheet
5) You will need a 1Gb or larger microsd card (guess everyone has one around )

To start off with, probably we are looking to get about 10-20 testers to start of with and depending on results we might increase look for more or move to final product.
Also before signing up please check that your phone / car is not already on the list as the aim is to get a wider range of devices covered, rather then testing same devices.

Once I agreed with someone that he/she will be a beta tester his/her details will be added to the following spreadhseet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

If you are happy with all above and interested please email me on [email protected] and will take it from there.

Edit:
We do have now quite a few testers, thank you. Please don't email me with new requests for tests as it is very unpleasant to refuse someone...

Thanks.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2020, 07:53 PM |#3007  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Why Android 9 min?
Doesn't it work on 8.1?
9th August 2020, 08:09 PM |#3008  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SOFO888

Why Android 9 min?
Doesn't it work on 8.1?

No as we are going to use the official Wireless connection mode that requires the phone to connect to the cars WiFi but at the same time use mobile data and that is only possible starting with Android 9.
9th August 2020, 09:12 PM |#3009  
OP Recognized Developer

Donate to Me
More
Thanks for the sign ups.
I think for the very first stage of testers this should suffice.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th August 2020, 09:14 PM |#3010  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Ok thank you for the information.
I guess, it's time to replace my phone The Motorola is already more than 2 years old...
10th August 2020, 08:46 AM |#3011  
Thanks Meter: 65

More
Good luck with the beta testing. I'll be getting at least two devices via Kickstarter, and telling my friends all about it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto wifi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)