By Area51©, Senior Member on 28th November 2014, 02:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st December 2014, 02:58 PM |#11  
Flag Norwich
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by supernewf

Is the nexus 6 supported, yet? If so, which cable is required?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Nexus 6 does not support HDMI out, so there will not be a cable. You may be able to get it to work with Chromecast though, it does not support Mirrorcast either.

1st December 2014, 06:02 PM |#12  
OP Senior Member
Flag Breda
Thanks Meter: 957

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcompany

just bought ARUR because of the newest update, but touch control still isn't working on my S5.

for my diagnostics, the only things not checked are:

no app interfernce
installed as system app
can switch mock locations.

do these need to be checked for touch controls to work? Thanks.

I heard via email from blackcompany that it's working now. The thing that fixed it was to update to the latest SuperSU version.
1st December 2014, 08:40 PM |#13  
Flag Humenne
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Is Note 3 supported yet?
2nd December 2014, 02:11 PM |#14  
Flag Norwich
Thanks Meter: 194

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixo-

Is Note 3 supported yet?

Note 3 has always been supported.

If you mean can you use a device with a locked boot loader and SELinux in enforcing mode, then the latest version is looking good so far for supporting that configuration. You still need the device rooted and the latest SuperSU application installed.
The Following User Says Thank You to 400ixl For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 400ixl Ad-Free
2nd December 2014, 02:51 PM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
i wish i had more thumbs, so i could give this app four thumbs up
Phone: OnePlus One
ROM: Paranoid Android 4.6 (using ART instead of Dalvik)
HeadUnit: SPH-DA210
Connection: WiFi hotspot and Chromecast (tried Amazon FireStick but it was cumbersome to initiate the screen casting, it worked though)

I have the service running all the time and use NFC tags and the Trigger app to turn on/off bluetooth, wifi, hotspot, etc. I'm not sure of the battery usage so far with the service running all the time (just bought the app about 12hrs ago). This stand alone app has really sped up the time it takes to get connected and on the road. I also am not using ARUR as a system app and have mock locations on at all times. My initial impressions have been so outstanding that I have uninstalled Tasker, Secure Settings, AppRadio Unchained & AppRadio Unchained GPS Injector.

couple of quirks...
1) when i check "Do not switch Mock locations", gps injection will not work. I have mock locations on already so its my understanding there is no need to "switch" and ARUR is not a system app.
2) during my testing i stopped the app when it was already connected to my appradio and restarted. it says connected but the touches do not register. on the old unchained app you could on/off bluetooth and reconnect with the headunit to get the touches back, this method did not work.

feature request...
i'm not sure if you are familiar with the screen standby app, but if you could have such a feature as an option would be awesome! one less app to have.

question for anyone...
if anybody knows a way to automatically start casting my screen upon successful connection to my appradio, i would greatly appreciate the advice.
2nd December 2014, 04:12 PM |#16  
Flag Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 400ixl

Method for getting ARUR working on Lollipop (in this case the Nexus 5)
Move the Installed application into /system/priv-app using [URL=https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jrummy.root.browserfree"]Root Browser{/URL] and set the permissions to read write execute

Are you sure that's all that is required for converting to a system priv-app? Last time I did it, a library file needed to be transferred as well. Also, there are multiple permissions to set (owner, group, and other), so you may want to edit it the sentence to be more explicit. Finally, was the typo using a brace intentional? The Play Store link does not work as a result.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddash97

Phone: OnePlus One
ROM: Paranoid Android 4.6 (using ART instead of Dalvik)
HeadUnit: SPH-DA210
Connection: WiFi hotspot and Chromecast (tried Amazon FireStick but it was cumbersome to initiate the screen casting, it worked though)

I have the service running all the time and use NFC tags and the Trigger app to turn on/off bluetooth, wifi, hotspot, etc. I'm not sure of the battery usage so far with the service running all the time (just bought the app about 12hrs ago). This stand alone app has really sped up the time it takes to get connected and on the road. I also am not using ARUR as a system app and have mock locations on at all times. My initial impressions have been so outstanding that I have uninstalled Tasker, Secure Settings, AppRadio Unchained & AppRadio Unchained GPS Injector.

couple of quirks...
1) when i check "Do not switch Mock locations", gps injection will not work. I have mock locations on already so its my understanding there is no need to "switch" and ARUR is not a system app.
2) during my testing i stopped the app when it was already connected to my appradio and restarted. it says connected but the touches do not register. on the old unchained app you could on/off bluetooth and reconnect with the headunit to get the touches back, this method did not work.

feature request...
i'm not sure if you are familiar with the screen standby app, but if you could have such a feature as an option would be awesome! one less app to have.

question for anyone...
if anybody knows a way to automatically start casting my screen upon successful connection to my appradio, i would greatly appreciate the advice.

Are you using a 2nd phone to control the mirroring, or did you get around it by ignoring the warning in the Chromecast application? What does it do to your audio quality?
2nd December 2014, 05:34 PM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645

Are you using a 2nd phone to control the mirroring, or did you get around it by ignoring the warning in the Chromecast application? What does it do to your audio quality?

I see no Chromecast warnings. The only warnings I do see are from the Pioneer AppRadio itself. Also, I have to use an app called "#MirrorEnabler" in order to get the "Cast screen" option in the Chromecast app as the OnePlus is not an officially supported device.

As far as the audio is concerned, I would say the quality is equal to bluetooth 2.0. I listen to sport talk about 95% of the time i'm in my car so its not enough to out weigh all the other benefits. you can stop here or...

you can read this if you want a bit more information about my opinion with regards to audio quality...

i have factory speakers with an external amp & sub connected to the appradio. Also, my vehicle is performance oriented so my cabin noise is above average. With all that said, there is still a discernible difference in the below scenarios and I would rate the "cast screen" audio as on par with bluetooth 2.0

#audio and video compression over wifi with phone as the source
appradio + chromecast cast screen + oneplus = good

#audio and/or video compression over wifi with chromecast as the source
appradio + individual app casting (ie Netflix, Play Music) = better

#potentially no compression depending on the source
appradio + directly connected media (ie dvd, cd,usb,hdmi) = best

Now, replace the appradio with my home theater system in the above scenarios and I would rate all three higher.
The Following User Says Thank You to ddash97 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ddash97 Ad-Free
2nd December 2014, 09:01 PM |#18  
Flag Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddash97

I see no Chromecast warnings. The only warnings I do see are from the Pioneer AppRadio itself. Also, I have to use an app called "#MirrorEnabler" in order to get the "Cast screen" option in the Chromecast app as the OnePlus is not an officially supported device.

As far as the audio is concerned, I would say the quality is equal to bluetooth 2.0. I listen to sport talk about 95% of the time i'm in my car so its not enough to out weigh all the other benefits. you can stop here or...

you can read this if you want a bit more information about my opinion with regards to audio quality...

i have factory speakers with an external amp & sub connected to the appradio. Also, my vehicle is performance oriented so my cabin noise is above average. With all that said, there is still a discernible difference in the below scenarios and I would rate the "cast screen" audio as on par with bluetooth 2.0

#audio and video compression over wifi with phone as the source
appradio + chromecast cast screen + oneplus = good

#audio and/or video compression over wifi with chromecast as the source
appradio + individual app casting (ie Netflix, Play Music) = better

#potentially no compression depending on the source
appradio + directly connected media (ie dvd, cd,usb,hdmi) = best

Now, replace the appradio with my home theater system in the above scenarios and I would rate all three higher.

That pretty much seals the deal for me to stick with a wired setup. As far as the warning goes, it is the one that pops up on the phone when the editing the Chromecast application options for the Chromecast device that is connected to your phone's WiFi tether. Chromecast doesn't like to cast a screen from the same device to which it is tethered, in my experience. So, I was inquiring if you found a way around this without getting such a device warning, and without having to use a 2nd phone.
2nd December 2014, 09:17 PM |#19  
Roseburg
Thanks Meter: 166

More
DDash,

I'm very interested in your use of the AppRadio and the OnePlus.

Would you be willing to write up a short 'how to', and if any other equipment/cables, etc are necessary?

Thank you for the prededing information.
2nd December 2014, 09:31 PM |#20  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargate125645

That pretty much seals the deal for me to stick with a wired setup. As far as the warning goes, it is the one that pops up on the phone when the editing the Chromecast application options for the Chromecast device that is connected to your phone's WiFi tether. Chromecast doesn't like to cast a screen from the same device to which it is tethered, in my experience. So, I was inquiring if you found a way around this without getting such a device warning, and without having to use a 2nd phone.

oh yeah, without a doubt stay wired. i was perfectly happy with my previous nexus 4 hard wired setup. My original nexus 4 never had an overheating issue, it just decided not to turn on one morning so every "repaired" nexus since (4 of them now) ,overheats to the point of powering off,when connected to my appradio over hdmi. So now i have a oneplus and only kept it because it was good enough over chromecast or firetv stick.

---------- Post added at 09:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffDC

DDash,

I'm very interested in your use of the AppRadio and the OnePlus.

Would you be willing to write up a short 'how to', and if any other equipment/cables, etc are necessary?

Thank you for the prededing information.

Sure, i can write something up. I'll do it in the OnePlus forum and send you a link.
2nd December 2014, 09:46 PM |#21  
Roseburg
Thanks Meter: 166

More
Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)