Flag Breda
Thanks Meter: 964

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikek753

Hi experts,

I got new phone OnePlus 7 Pro USA / International GM1917
my car Appradio does have GPS, I use the phone GPS.

I got strange side effect by connecting to HDMI, the GPS stops working
it just stops receiving info from satellites, one by one till all are gone
I need GPS as it's for in car use for navigation (waze) and my display is car pioneer appradio 7"
if I disconnect from hdmi adapter than GPS is back to normal under 10ft with many satellites

what I'm missing?
any options I need to set in OP7Pro to keep getting GPS?

tnx

Afaik there's no options for GPS to stay working. In the old days of MHL adapters it happened in case of low quality devices with insufficient shielding that harmonics of the HDMI signal took out the GPS signal. In this case it's similar. It could be a badly shielded HDMI adapter or HDMI cable.
The Following User Says Thank You to Area51© For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Area51© Ad-Free

24th August 2019, 06:13 PM |#2332  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Area51©

Well, something has changed and it's not the app. Somehow a different key code for Home is used, it seems.

I've rolled back to the previous OS and lo and behold, it's working again. I may do a nandroid backup and try again in case it was just a blip rather than an issue with the OS.
29th August 2019, 07:52 AM |#2333  
Flag Istanbul
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi @Area51©
I'm using the rooted version with my x96s 2/16 ddr4 Android stick. But I have a problem after updated the Android stick from 8.1 to 9.

Now your app (and alot of other apps that I'm using) looks "Not compatible with my device" on Play Store. Actually I want to use this Pie rom because of 8.1 version has some bugs about bluetooth.

Is there a way to use the app on this rom? If I copy and install .apk file (I don't have), is there any license validation issue can be occur on same account?

Thanks.
29th August 2019, 09:43 AM |#2334  
OP Senior Member
Flag Breda
Thanks Meter: 964

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXcomZkko

Hi @Area51©
I'm using the rooted version with my x96s 2/16 ddr4 Android stick. But I have a problem after updated the Android stick from 8.1 to 9.

Now your app (and alot of other apps that I'm using) looks "Not compatible with my device" on Play Store. Actually I want to use this Pie rom because of 8.1 version has some bugs about bluetooth.

Is there a way to use the app on this rom? If I copy and install .apk file (I don't have), is there any license validation issue can be occur on same account?

Thanks.

It should work on Android 9. If you install the app temporarily on your phone, you can extract the APK with an app called Skit. Then install the APK and if you have the same Gmail account installed it will acquire a license.
29th August 2019, 11:14 AM |#2335  
Flag Istanbul

More
Quote:

It should work on Android 9. If you install the app temporarily on your phone, you can extract the APK with an app called Skit. Then install the APK and if you have the same Gmail account installed it will acquire a license.

I'll look it and inform you. Thanks for response.
29th August 2019, 07:35 PM |#2336  
Thanks Meter: 27

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EXcomZkko

I'll look it and inform you. Thanks for response.

Have you tried clearing the cache and data from the Play Store?
30th August 2019, 12:45 PM |#2337  
Flag Istanbul

More
Quote:

And I did it! I've extracted the APK file and installed manually. Both devices are connected to the same acount and it works after license check. Thank you for help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbaldbloke

Have you tried clearing the cache and data from the Play Store?

Yes, but no luck. I think they have changed the regular Play Store with "Android TV" Play Store on Pie rom.
The Following User Says Thank You to EXcomZkko For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift EXcomZkko Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)