[Android 4.0+, ROOT] AppRadio Unchained Reloaded

Search This thread

NK2014

Dec 6, 2014
Moscow
Hello,

I'm testing ARUR with SPH-DA120 and Ugoos U007B stick Android 4.4. ARUR is installed as system application. It starts on boot and connects to HU ok but does not receive touch events correct. When I calibrate the touch screen, the first red point is detected correct others aren't. If I press on the red point, touch is not detected, if I press anywhere outside red point, touch is detected and ARUR shows next calibration point. In result no touch events in Android.

When I tested ARU for sticks (arunchained0.15stick.apk), touch events transferred properly.

400ixl

Are you sure that's all that is required for converting to a system priv-app? Last time I did it, a library file needed to be transferred as well.

That is why I said to use Root Browser rather than ES File Explorer or Titanium. You select what looks like the APK file and move it, then set the permissions. Job done nice and simply.

It does in fact move the whole folder so all of the files get moved in one clean action.

So yes I'm sure that was all that I had to do. Otherwise it wouldn't have worked ;)

Area51©

Aug 30, 2013
Breda
Hello,

I'm testing ARUR with SPH-DA120 and Ugoos U007B stick Android 4.4. ARUR is installed as system application. It starts on boot and connects to HU ok but does not receive touch events correct. When I calibrate the touch screen, the first red point is detected correct others aren't. If I press on the red point, touch is not detected, if I press anywhere outside red point, touch is detected and ARUR shows next calibration point. In result no touch events in Android.

When I tested ARU for sticks (arunchained0.15stick.apk), touch events transferred properly.
You need to enable 'Invert XY-coordinates' in the options and then reconnect to activate it.

NK2014

Dec 6, 2014
Moscow
You need to enable 'Invert XY-coordinates' in the options and then reconnect to activate it.
Thanks, that helps.

New issues:
1. I don't get GPS locations. ARUR's GPS menu shows zeroes. Mock location enabled globally. I tried "Do not switch Mock ..." options off and on, reconnected, nothing changes.
2. Sensitivity of touches on bottom edge of the screen is very low. Bottom edge means the area bellow bottom calibration points.
3. Stability of reconnects of AppRadio after reboots and cold starts is low compared to arunchained0.15stick.apk, especially when Hands Free Bluetooth profile is disabled on the stick. "Workaround for wrong channel ..." option was tested with no result.

stargate125645

Sep 25, 2012
Omaha, NE
That is why I said to use Root Browser rather than ES File Explorer or Titanium. You select what looks like the APK file and move it, then set the permissions. Job done nice and simply.

It does in fact move the whole folder so all of the files get moved in one clean action.

So yes I'm sure that was all that I had to do. Otherwise it wouldn't have worked ;)
The library file was in a separate folder, so that doesn't actually answer the question. It must have been an alpha thing. You can move folders with ES, too. The permissions thing also should be updated in your post still if you want it to function as an FAQ, I think.

Last edited:

fireforhire

Oct 6, 2011
I see no Chromecast warnings. The only warnings I do see are from the Pioneer AppRadio itself. Also, I have to use an app called "#MirrorEnabler" in order to get the "Cast screen" option in the Chromecast app as the OnePlus is not an officially supported device.

As far as the audio is concerned, I would say the quality is equal to bluetooth 2.0. I listen to sport talk about 95% of the time i'm in my car so its not enough to out weigh all the other benefits. you can stop here or...

you can read this if you want a bit more information about my opinion with regards to audio quality...

i have factory speakers with an external amp & sub connected to the appradio. Also, my vehicle is performance oriented so my cabin noise is above average. With all that said, there is still a discernible difference in the below scenarios and I would rate the "cast screen" audio as on par with bluetooth 2.0

#audio and video compression over wifi with phone as the source
appradio + chromecast cast screen + oneplus = good

#audio and/or video compression over wifi with chromecast as the source
appradio + individual app casting (ie Netflix, Play Music) = better

#potentially no compression depending on the source
appradio + directly connected media (ie dvd, cd,usb,hdmi) = best

Now, replace the appradio with my home theater system in the above scenarios and I would rate all three higher.

I'm experiencing completely unusable bluetooth audio while using the Samsung allsharecast with the one plus one...

Drop outs and skipping is horrendous....

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

400ixl

The library file was in a separate folder, so that doesn't actually answer the question. It must have been an alpha thing. You can move folders with ES, too. The permissions thing also should be updated in your post still if you want it to function as an FAQ, I think.

That was all I had to do. Didn't have to move anything else.

NK2014

Dec 6, 2014
Moscow
2. Sensitivity of touches on bottom edge of the screen is very low. Bottom edge means the area bellow bottom calibration points.
I hide the bottom Android bar with buttons and recalibrated the screen. Bottom calibration points were shown on the bottom of the screen and calibration process was ok but still no reliable touches on the bottom.

3. Stability of reconnects of AppRadio after reboots and cold starts is low compared to arunchained0.15stick.apk, especially when Hands Free Bluetooth profile is disabled on the stick. "Workaround for wrong channel ..." option was tested with no result.
By now it seems not critical...

swatchs5

Nov 11, 2014
GREAT BUT please need your help.........

Great with my SG S5 with 8650BT .... but the screen not full screen ... there are black margin in the Head unit ... i want it to be full screen normally please ....
and please if there are a way to remove this left Vertical column ...

waiting for your replay please :eek::eek::eek:

smoki3

Oct 29, 2010
Heidenheim
can you add a Option to force enable Bluetooth on Start up?
On my mk809iii sometimes Bluetooth turns off after reboot.

400ixl

can you add a Option to force enable Bluetooth on Start up?
On my mk809iii sometimes Bluetooth turns off after reboot.

Switched off bluetooth and started the app on mine and it asked to switch on bluetooth. So it does do it, but may be an issue for you I guess as the stick doesn't have a screen to see and approve the request.

However, haven't tried the on HDMI connect which would also do what you need as I'm not near the car at the moment.

Tasker can also be used to switch it on on boot of the stick.

400ixl

Yes but on an Android stick i cant touch the display without Bluetooth connection.

You appear to be the only one with this issue, there are lots of stick users and if this was an issue there would be lots of noise. There isn't, which suggests its a setting in the ROM you are using.

As I said, Tasker can be used to fix the issue if you can't find a way to do it in the ROM itself.

swatchs5

Nov 11, 2014
400ixl

Great with my SG S5 with 8650BT .... but the screen not full screen ... there are black margin in the Head unit ... i want it to be full screen normally please ....

400ixl please neeeeed help for this issue :(:(

RRSpikes

Aug 6, 2010

See page 34 of the 8650 owners manual to adjust the screen. Samsung phones require an alternative launcher (Apex, Nova, Google Now, etc) to properly display in landscape.

Press the home button twice to remove/display the on screen menu. This takes a bit of practice but you'll get the hang of it quickly.

Reactions: swatchs5

Area51©

Aug 30, 2013
Breda
Thanks, that helps.

New issues:
1. I don't get GPS locations. ARUR's GPS menu shows zeroes. Mock location enabled globally. I tried "Do not switch Mock ..." options off and on, reconnected, nothing changes..
What head unit are you using?

No one has reported this before, might also depend on the head unit you are using.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    In addition to the well known AppRadio Unchained mod of the Pioneer AppRadio app, a completely Pioneer-less app was developed.
    It's called AppRadio Unchained Reloaded and its available from the Play store here: AppRadio Unchained Reloaded

If you don't want to root your phone and have Android 7 or higher there's AppRadio Unchained Rootless

Video of AppRadio Unchained Reloaded in use by Alexei Andreyev: Pioneer AVH-X8600BT & LG G3 with ARUnchained
    Another video by Alecion420: STI GR 2012 with ARUnchained+Note 3+pioneer 8000nex+Rockford Fosgate+Boyo backup Cam+SMY keyless
    Video by Rubn: Appradio 3 - ARUR

AppRadio Unchained Reloaded allows full mirroring of your phone from your AppRadio. This means that any app can be controlled from the head unit screen and not just a few that are specially adapted.

For this app to work ROOT is required. Do not ignore this requirement and blame the app for not working!
    V0.17 and up work with SELinux in enforcing mode.

Important
    The 'Smartphone setup' on the head unit needs to be set correctly for Android as by default it's configured for Iphone. Go to Settings->System->Input/Output Settings->SmartphoneSetup and set Device to 'Others' and Connection to 'HDMI'. See this video: Smarthphone setup

Any other AppRadio related app needs to be uninstalled as this blocks the connection to AppRadio Unchained Reloaded.

AppRadio mode requires that your device is connected to the HDMI input of the head unit. Depending on the device this can be done with a MHL / Slimport / Miracast / Chromecast adapter.

Because this app may not work for your setup there's an extended trial period of 48 hours. In order to claim this simply request a refund within 48 hours after purchase by emailing the order number to the support email address.

Two versions
    When your device has Android 4.3 or higher you will get version 0.31 which has support for automatic connection to wireless casting devices.
    The user's manual is available here: Version 0.31 user's manual
    Please read it as it contains all details about setting up a wireless screencasting connection.

When your device has Android version lower than 4.3 you will get version 0.29 without support for wireless casting devices
    The user's manual is here: AppRadio Unchained Reloaded User's manual

Supported head units: any AppRadio that supports Android AppMode via HDMI.
    For example: SPH-DA100, SPH-DA110, SPH-DA210, SPH-DA120, AVH-X8500BHS, AVH-4000NEX, AVH-4100NEX, AVH-4200NEX, AVIC-X850BT, AVIC-X950BH, AVIC-Z150BH, AVIC-6000NEX, AVIC-6100NEX, AVIC-6200NEX, AVIC-7000NEX, AVIC-7100NEX, AVIC-7200NEX, AVIC-8000NEX, AVIC-8100NEX, AVIC-8200NEX

Units that have AppRadio mode via USB (a.k.a. AppRadio One) are not supported.

Beta test version
    The beta test version has the latest features but can also contain bugs.
    You need to become a tester of the AppRadio Unchained Reloaded app to be able to get it.
    Please apply here: https://play.google.com/apps/testing/mars.area51.arunchained

The following features are supported:
    - Multitouch
    - AppRadio buttons
    - Steering wheel controls
    - GPS data transfer via mock locations (only works with head units that have a GPS receiver AND do not have built-in navigation)
    - Auto enables mock locations on connection (if app is converted to a system app)
    - Wake lock
    - Rotation locker (to put any app in landscape mode)
    - Real calibration
    - Start at boot (for use with Android sticks)
    - Start on HDMI detection (for use with phones and HDMI adapters)
    - Notifications to indicate connection state
    - Widget for returning to head unit home screen
    - Diagnostics
    - Automatic Bluetooth toggle for improved connection
    - Assign system app rights without the need to move files

For Reloaded to be able to switch Mock locations automatically, it needs to have system app rights. These can be assigned as following:
    In the menu select the entry 'System app enable'. Once the rights are assigned the entry will change to 'System app disable'. When executed the system app rights will be revoked. When 'System app enable' is activated, the diagnostics will show 'Can switch mock locations' ticked. However it will not show 'Installed as system app' as technically it's not installed as a system app but nonetheless it has system app rights and the Mock locations can be switched.

When the app is still installed as a system app (by moving the files) the menu entry is disabled as it makes no sense. In order to enable the functionality remove the files that were moved to make it a system app first and then install the latest version.

AppRadio is a registered trademark of Pioneer.
    Disclaimer: You are solely responsible for using this app in such a way that it does not impair your ability to drive.
    Alpha version with screencasting support available

The first version with support for screencasting is made available for alpha testing. This first version was only tested with my Nexus 6. It has Miracast and Chromecast support. To join alpha testing you need to have a Google+ account and then you can apply here: https://plus.google.com/communities/108835433120083901102

Miracast
    - Go to the app's settings
    - For 'Connection trigger method' select 'Bluetooth-Screencasting'
    - Scroll down to 'Screencast Settings'
    - At 'Head unit bluetooth address' select the Bt connection to your head unit
    - At 'Casting start delay' enter 20
    - At 'Casting method' select 'Miracast'
    - At 'Casting device name' enter the name of the Miracast device to connect to
    - Go to the Phone's 'Settings->Accessibility' and enable 'ARUnchained Reloaded'

Chromecast
    - Go to the app's settings
    - For 'Connection trigger method' select 'Bluetooth-Screencasting'
    - Scroll down to 'Screencast Settings'
    - At 'Head unit bluetooth address' select the Bt connection to your head unit
    - At 'Casting method' select 'Chromecast'
    - At 'Casting device name' enter the name of the Chromecast device to connect to
    - Go to the Phone's 'Settings->Accessibility' and enable 'ARUnchained Reloaded'

Control of the screencasting and phone's hotspot (in case of Chromecast) is done via the Settings app GUI. All necessary items are recognised by text from the GUI. In case your phone's language is English most texts to be recognised are predefined and you only need to set the name of the device to cast to. If you use another language you probably need to change the texts in the settings.
    Cast integration progress

Finally have time available to work on cast integration. Currently I have casting to a Belkin Miracast device working reliably on my Nexus 6. From start to a fully working connection takes about 1:40 minutes. This includes booting time of the head unit and the booting time of the Belkin Miracast which actually takes the most time. Still have to debug the code for connection to a Chromecast and clean it up a bit. I expect to have an alpha version available within a week.
    Yeah Cant Wait! Keep in mind also here to help and test!
    As soon as there is a version for testing available I will announce it here. I am trying to work on it as much as possible. I made the prototype more stable and also have implemented keyevent injection so now the buttons work as well. My best guess is that ETA for the test version is less than 2 weeks.
    Rootless version progress

Good news, I have a prototype of the rootless version working on a non-rooted Samsung S4. There's still quite some work to do to tidy up things and make it really stable as currently it's really unstable but the most difficult part is done now. Even multi-touch is working already.