FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Android 4.1+] Headunit for Android Auto - 160117 - Self Mode+ other fixes, x86, 720p

7,827 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,164

By mikereidis, Inactive Recognized Developer on 2nd June 2015, 10:32 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th September 2018, 12:34 PM |#1531  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
HD resolution
I have a Headunit android 6.0 -10.1" - 1024x768.

With the beta app, I was able to use the HD resolution, but in the paid version when dialing HD the screen turns black and it is necessary to delete the data so that it works again.

Are there any ways to use HD resolution?

1st November 2018, 01:36 PM |#1532  

More
my story
I am very concerned about driving safety. I always wanted to install a camera and tire pressure monitoring system. But I wanted to make it comprehensive. Find those who with confidence will tell me, yes, it is these that will suit you. And the car I have is not very new VOLKSWAGEN TOURAN. In the basic configuration without camera((( . And I interested in the installation of these devices in the complex, didn’t want myself an additional headache. I searched for a long time, I really like to know the details. Unfortunately, I got to the point that I decided to leave this idea already, or even AT ALL to change the car. But I was lucky. Found one site contacted the guys. Reported all the necessary information. I was surprised I received by e-mail a whole list with detailed characteristics of what can be installed. He agreed with them all the details and fulfilled the order. Yes, I waited a long time since I live in Miami, and the guys work from Berlin. But I am telling you so, it was worth it! Service stations, we have a lot, thank God. So after installation, I was completely satisfied. I think about changing the head unit. This is the story that happened to me here for you who is interested in the link, so that YOU can save your time on these searches.
10th April 2019, 12:25 AM |#1533  

More
I did not post this in the right thread. Ignore this.

I realised after buying your app that you are using code that is licensed under GPLv3. You are obligated by subsection 6 to redistribute the source code. That includes for the trial version.

Am i getting something wrong?
10th April 2019, 12:50 AM |#1534  
Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield
Thanks Meter: 2,082

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philz69

I did not post this in the right thread. Ignore this.

I realised after buying your app that you are using code that is licensed under GPLv3. You are obligated by subsection 6 to redistribute the source code. That includes for the trial version.

Am i getting something wrong?

I guess you where on about headunit reloaded, up till version 4.0 of headunit reloaded I was indeed using a derivative of this code and that is available on GitHub.

Version 4.0 was a major change and by major change I mean I've rewritten the whole app from scratch not using any of the old code, simply because the old code was a mess and because I wanted a pure java solution not a mix between, so starting from version 4.0 of headunit reloaded there isn't anything left from the old code, hence not being updated on GitHub.
24th April 2019, 07:21 PM |#1535  
Flag marche
Thanks Meter: 87

More
sorry i don't understand what is the difference among using the offficial android auto on asmartphone instead of using this app with self option and internal server. i tried it and seems to be EQUAL to the official android auto. please someone explain me what is the real difference
25th April 2019, 10:17 PM |#1536  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by realista87

sorry i don't understand what is the difference among using the offficial android auto on asmartphone instead of using this app with self option and internal server. i tried it and seems to be EQUAL to the official android auto. please someone explain me what is the real difference

This app shows the UI of a android auto headunit, which is completely different from the normal android auto interface. The typical use case for this app is to install it on an android headunit, or a tablet.
26th April 2019, 06:40 PM |#1537  
Flag marche
Thanks Meter: 87

More
completely different? i tested both apps and they seems SIMILAR!
3rd August 2019, 11:22 PM |#1538  
Flag Da Bronx
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I emailed you for a current version. I actually purchased it today 🤦🏻*♂️. Thanks.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)