FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What should be my next focus?

Try to work out how to integrate ODB2/CAN data?

18 Vote(s)
94.74%
Build a HUD app to work with HUR(HUDWAY style)?

1 Vote(s)
5.26%
Something else?

0 Vote(s)
0%

[Android 4.1+] HeadUnit Reloaded for Android Auto with Wifi

2,630 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,087

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 4th August 2016, 12:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th August 2016, 03:24 PM |#101  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

Version 1.4 beta is available now on XDA Labs, I will put it on PlayStore after it's confirmed that it did improve the mentioned video glitch over Wifi.

Also I tried to made the app interface a touch more user friendly... hope you like it.

Sorry the problem is not improved with 1.4b.
What can I make to help you.
The new buttons are cool.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0298.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	3853143  

24th August 2016, 06:18 PM |#102  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmark

I created two helper APK files(attached) to automate starting and stopping of AA HU server using screen tap emulation.
These do NOT require root! It will Open AA app -> tap on the Menu(three dots) -> tap Start/Stop head unit server -> Exit AA.
You can install these files and call from your Tasker script to start and stop HU server.

Important:
These .apk require pre-installed Tasker AutoInput and AutoApps
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...mgcd.autoinput
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cd.autoappshub
Make sure to enable AutoInput in 'Accessibility' settings on the phone.

Thank you Emil for al the hard work, installed the HUR (headunit reloaded) and i couldn't stop smiling the whole time I drove my car.

But I tried to use fmark his way to automate al of this (smartphone side), but could not get it to work ( did instal tasker, autoinput and autoapps). Must be doing something wrong.

Is it possible to write some kind of nOOb manual?
24th August 2016, 07:36 PM |#103  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabrain123

Thank you Emil for al the hard work, installed the HUR (headunit reloaded) and i couldn't stop smiling the whole time I drove my car.

But I tried to use fmark his way to automate al of this (smartphone side), but could not get it to work ( did instal tasker, autoinput and autoapps). Must be doing something wrong.

Is it possible to write some kind of nOOb manual?

Did you enable AutoInput in 'Accessibility' settings on the phone?
Can you explain what you see when you run the app 'Start AA HU Server'?

edited: Also, do you have 'Developer mode' enabled in AA on your phone?
24th August 2016, 08:21 PM |#104  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fmark

Did you enable AutoInput in 'Accessibility' settings on the phone?
Can you explain what you see when you run the app 'Start AA HU Server'?

edited: Also, do you have 'Developer mode' enabled in AA on your phone?

Yes developers mode is activated, also granted accessibility for autoinput (also activated full mode for autoinput by starting a 7day trial. Don"t now if its nessesary)

Just tried to open one of your apps just to test. It opens AA after 20 seconds or so, it exits AA with a warning (saying:exit AA) with no sign that the server is started.
24th August 2016, 08:32 PM |#105  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Yes developers mode is activated, also granted accessibility for autoinput (also activated full mode for autoinput by starting a 7day trial. Don"t now if its nessesary)

Just tried to open one of your apps just to test. It opens AA after 20 seconds or so, it exits AA with a warning (saying:exit AA) with no sign that the server is started.

Hi.

If you have root you can use the following shell script to start the HU server:

Code:
am start -W -n com.google.android.projection.gearhead/.companion.SplashScreenActivity am startservice -W com.google.android.projection.gearhead/com.google.android.projection.gearhead.companion.DeveloperHeadUnitNetworkService

Will do a full user manual as well.
The Following User Says Thank You to Emil Borconi For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th August 2016, 08:37 PM |#106  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

Hi.

If you have root you can use the following shell script to start the HU server:

Code:
am start -W -n com.google.android.projection.gearhead/.companion.SplashScreenActivity am startservice -W com.google.android.projection.gearhead/com.google.android.projection.gearhead.companion.DeveloperHeadUnitNetworkService

Will do a full user manual as well.

Hi Emil,

Thanks i"m aware of that, but since i have a galaxy s7 (no root) i was interested in fmarks sollution.
24th August 2016, 09:04 PM |#107  

More
Quote:

1. After it opens AA, does it also open 'three dots' menu (in the right top corner of the AA)?
2. Is your AA in English? The helper app will search for an item with name 'Start head unit server'. So if you have another language, it might not work.
3. Is your AA up to date?

I tested this app before posting on two different phones and they both worked fine.
The Following User Says Thank You to fmark For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fmark Ad-Free
25th August 2016, 12:29 AM |#108  

More
Yess language was the problem, my galaxy is dutch, so is AA. Is there a way to get AA english, or better let the app search for Dutch words? ( on the Dutch language the 3dots are not opens)
25th August 2016, 02:23 AM |#109  
Thanks Meter: 765

More
Quote:

Yess language was the problem, my galaxy is dutch, so is AA. Is there a way to get AA english, or better let the app search for Dutch words? ( on the Dutch language the 3dots are not opens)

Here is English AA, good luck.

https://app.box.com/s/9bqxnds9inrn38tafpjn2dkj5aojgs68
The Following User Says Thank You to adfurgerson For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift adfurgerson Ad-Free
25th August 2016, 02:33 AM |#110  

More
Quote:

I can make new Apps for Dutch language. However to do it I need to know 3 strings in Dutch.
Two of them are easy - tell me what exactly it says (in Dutch version) for 'Start head unit server' and 'Stop head unit server'.
Unfortunately text for the third one (3dots menu) is invisible and requires a bit more work.

You can get '3dots menu' item name using AutoInput:
1. open AutoInput.
2. click 'Manage Input Actions'.
3. click '+' sign at the top.
AutoInput will hide itself
4. open AndroidAuto.
5. swipe down Notification bar.
You should see notification from AutoInput with '+ADD' button
6. click '+ADD' button.
Notification bar should close
7. click '3dots menu' button in Android Auto.
Notification bar will open up automatically and you should see notification from AutoInput.
In this notification you should see a few fields (App:, Text:, Point (x, y)).
We need to know what it says in the 'Text:' field.
This will be your '3dots menu' item name.

Post these 3 strings(names) and I'll create new .apk files for you.

Alternatively, you can try using my tasker Tasks(attached). Import them and rename text values for AutoInput actions to match Dutch version.
Hope it helps.
Attached Files
File Type: xml Start_AA_HU_Server.tsk.xml - [Click for QR Code] (6.5 KB, 308 views)
File Type: xml Stop_AA_HU_Server.tsk.xml - [Click for QR Code] (7.3 KB, 152 views)
File Type: xml Exit_App.tsk.xml - [Click for QR Code] (8.0 KB, 140 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fmark For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fmark Ad-Free
25th August 2016, 03:19 AM |#111  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
1.4 Beta 2 is up
Changes:
- Fixed autostart (broken in version 1.4 beta)
- Enhanced the initial setup. Now it should connect in Self mode even if the AA Headunit Server is already started, plus better initial connection over Wifi as well.
- Changed around the read buffers only for TCP to avoid H264 corruption.
- Added heartbeat monitor, if TCP connection dies in 20 seconds you're taken back to the app main screen so you can tap to re-connect.

Feedback needed
- Can I ask those who had problems with "pixels" over Wifi to get the this version and try to do some testing?
- Also those who use Self mode, please get this version and try to use it as much as possible
Please try to use it for at least 30 - 60 minutes to see if the connection is maintained, no pixel and no other problems.

Thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, headunit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)