FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What should be my next focus?

Try to work out how to integrate ODB2/CAN data?

18 Vote(s)
94.74%
Build a HUD app to work with HUR(HUDWAY style)?

1 Vote(s)
5.26%
Something else?

0 Vote(s)
0%

[Android 4.1+] HeadUnit Reloaded for Android Auto with Wifi

2,629 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,082

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 4th August 2016, 12:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th August 2016, 07:02 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Im interested too because isnt working on my s4 and nexus7 2012

7th August 2016, 05:16 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpostma

Im interested too because isnt working on my s4 and nexus7 2012

Need much more information to help. What S4 firmware, carrier, and Android version are you running? What Nexus 7 firmware? Are you trying to connect over Wi-Fi or USB?
7th August 2016, 10:37 AM |#13  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher Price

Need much more information to help. What S4 firmware, carrier, and Android version are you running? What Nexus 7 firmware? Are you trying to connect over Wi-Fi or USB?

It might be about the Wifi connection, I had some connectivity issues over Wifi myself the last day, but they were fully random, at a first look they point to the TCP socket.... I'm investigating this.

I got some Wifi disconnected myself but it is very random, it can occur after 1-2 minutes or after 3-4 hours... so testing potential FIX for the issue isn't going to be easily. At the first investigation it looks to be something related with the pooling/keeping connection alive. I have tweaked this and made a new build, currently running for about 20 mins and looks OK, but as said the disconnect can occur randomly at any point.

The worst part is that the logs do not give any hint on what could be the cause of this, neither on the HU part, neither on the AA side, they only mention a broken PIPE bu no hint on what can be the cause...
8th August 2016, 01:25 PM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 54

More
I'm guessing you've already tried, but running a 0 byte ping in the background every few seconds to keep the pipe open?
8th August 2016, 01:57 PM |#15  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I'm guessing you've already tried, but running a 0 byte ping in the background every few seconds to keep the pipe open?

setting socket to keppalive looks to sort the problem, I'm trying to figure out failing handshake at the moment. On TCP sometimes the handshake fails, trying a few more times passes..., handshake over usb always passes....

Looking at the code and notes Mike seems to struggle with it as well in the past...
8th August 2016, 09:23 PM |#16  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
When trying wifip2p, I can see the wifi connection from the tablet on my phone but when I try to connect to it, it wants a password. How do I know what this is?
8th August 2016, 09:32 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skitty

When trying wifip2p, I can see the wifi connection from the tablet on my phone but when I try to connect to it, it wants a password. How do I know what this is?

Emil Helped me with this problem. You don't actually connect through your wifi networks menu, use Wi-Fi Direct instead. Found here: wifi networks menu > 3-dot menu > Advanced > Wi-Fi Direct
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to kevster0522 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kevster0522 Ad-Free
8th August 2016, 11:14 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 49

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevster0522

Emil Helped me with this problem. You don't actually connect through your wifi networks menu, use Wi-Fi Direct instead. Found here: wifi networks menu > 3-dot menu > Advanced > Wi-Fi Direct

Thanks for the tip. Will try it in the morning

Sent from my Nexus 6P using XDA-Developers mobile app
9th August 2016, 05:26 PM |#19  
Flag chester
Thanks Meter: 6

More
hi, is their an issue with GPS working on the latest build? i can get all other functionality working apart from GPS?
9th August 2016, 08:54 PM |#20  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozzer18

hi, is their an issue with GPS working on the latest build? i can get all other functionality working apart from GPS?

Hi. Not that I'm aware of this is the first time I heard it. Does the GPS work in other applications? Sometimes GPS does get stuck, try to open a Google Maps please see if you get a location and it's all working and once that is ok try to open the app.
10th August 2016, 01:04 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Samsung S4
LRX22C.I9505XXUPOL1
NL KPN

Nexus 7 2012
LMY47V

Connection over USB works. Although I have to restart HU 3times to actually get a AA connection. Was 2x with previous version 20/1 BTW)

Wifi and WifiP2P doesnt work at all..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, headunit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)