FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What should be my next focus?

Try to work out how to integrate ODB2/CAN data?

18 Vote(s)
94.74%
Build a HUD app to work with HUR(HUDWAY style)?

1 Vote(s)
5.26%
Something else?

0 Vote(s)
0%

[Android 4.1+] HeadUnit Reloaded for Android Auto with Wifi

2,635 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,119

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 4th August 2016, 12:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th June 2018, 08:53 AM |#2001  
Thanks Meter: 1,659

Donate to Me
More
I keep losing connection to AA over USB from my oneplus 6, i don't know how to easily get a log as it doesn't always happen though. sometimes it can be 20mins + sometimes 2mins
28th June 2018, 01:45 PM |#2002  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerrainTerrainPullUp

Hi,

I'm using this with a s8+ and a nexus 7 2013 (rooted)

Over wifi, i've had no issues. but usb will absolutely not work.

Any advice? I know the adapter works because other usb devices show up. When i open an app that shows USB devices, it also shows a "qualcom usb device" or something like that when the s8+ is plugged in.

But android auto will not work.

---------- Post added at 03:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:23 PM ----------

Wow, looks like we have the same problem.

What phone are you using?

I have solved this on my Eonon headunit. Note that this was after a firmware update but I don't think it is related.

The Eonon has a default app called EZMirror or similar (I forget the exact name). Run this and you get a QR code to download the app on your phone. This is like a terrible copy of Android Auto. I tried it and didn't like it. If you go into App Settings it doesn't show that it has any default handlers set, but it does. I forced stopped the app and then disabled it. Now plugging my phone in starts HUR every time and I get the full Android Auto experience.

I would like the cable from my head unit to fast charge rather than trickle charge my phone though. Has anyone found a solution? All I can think of is a powered USB hub, but I haven't tried one yet.
29th June 2018, 08:32 PM |#2003  
OP Recognized Developer
Flag Wakefield
Thanks Meter: 2,119

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fma965

I keep losing connection to AA over USB from my oneplus 6, i don't know how to easily get a log as it doesn't always happen though. sometimes it can be 20mins + sometimes 2mins

Is that with the beta or with the stable?
30th June 2018, 12:32 AM |#2004  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emil Borconi

I have been having disconnects with beta.

I am running AA on a pixel 2 XL
The Following User Says Thank You to Rflewelling For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Rflewelling Ad-Free
30th June 2018, 11:51 AM |#2005  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

BETA
30th June 2018, 12:22 PM |#2006  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rflewelling

I have been having disconnects with beta.

I am running AA on a pixel 2 XL

I'm running stable on a Pixel 2 XL and tested it today. It constantly disconnects also I was going to try a different cable tomorrow, but I doubt that is the issue.
30th June 2018, 01:31 PM |#2007  
Flag BA
Thanks Meter: 9

More
constant disconnects with my Pixel 2 XL as well (beta, stable, usb workaround... tried everything)
The Following User Says Thank You to k0sTi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift k0sTi Ad-Free
1st July 2018, 01:08 PM |#2008  
Thanks Meter: 161

More
Hi all, I did just notice with my S9, if I try to use self-mpde there, a similar thing happens when I try to use it with my Nexus 7. Self mode on S9 does this:

- Start AA
- Start Dev server
- Exit AA
- Start HR
- Choose self mode
- A notification for Androind Assistant with a continue button comes up
- Hit continue
-Black screen

Any ideas?
2nd July 2018, 04:10 AM |#2009  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
building from source. (question on *.proto files)
Hi all,

I found github.com/borconi/headunit sources and with a bit of work was able to get it to compile and mostly run on a joying PX5 headunit connected by USB to a marshmallow phone. AA on phone auto launches when connected via USB and the display presents on the headunit. Basic navigation and input seems to work but some things like tapping microphone on head unit to send a verbal command gets flaky and making a call ends up on the phone instead of the audio coming out on the car speakers. I suspect that the protocol handling of audio is not quite right or the source is out of date (no updated in 9 months).

I notice that a few of the source files in headunit/src/main/java/gb/xxy/hr/ seem to be autogenerated from .proto protobuf source files (e.g., MediaServices.java is autogenerated from a file called media.proto). Unfortunately, these .proto files are not in the github project. Are those source .proto files available anywhere?

Update: looks like the proto files may be over at github.com/anod/headunit/tree/master/app/src/main/proto.

Thanks,
Chris
2nd July 2018, 04:00 PM |#2010  

More
Quote:

Emil,

I continue to disconnect but there is no rhyme or reason to it. Went on a 40 minute drive yesterday with zero disconnects. On the way back it was disconnecting like crazy.

I toggled SW Decoding, USB Debug, 720P, everything on that drive back. Kept disconnecting.

If there is anything i can do to assist let me know.

Btw, this is all still on BETA
3rd July 2018, 04:16 PM |#2011  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rflewelling

Emil,

I continue to disconnect but there is no rhyme or reason to it. Went on a 40 minute drive yesterday with zero disconnects. On the way back it was disconnecting like crazy.

I toggled SW Decoding, USB Debug, 720P, everything on that drive back. Kept disconnecting.

If there is anything i can do to assist let me know.

Btw, this is all still on BETA

@Emil Borconi me too there seems to be no pattern at all for this, i even thought at one point it was when turning right but nope... i've got a big trip to Birmingham next month so would love to have it working reliably for that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, headunit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)