FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What should be my next focus?

Try to work out how to integrate ODB2/CAN data?

18 Vote(s)
94.74%
Build a HUD app to work with HUR(HUDWAY style)?

1 Vote(s)
5.26%
Something else?

0 Vote(s)
0%

[Android 4.1+] HeadUnit Reloaded for Android Auto with Wifi

2,630 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,088

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 4th August 2016, 12:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
11th September 2019, 06:52 PM |#3911  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by battierpeeler

is anyone having problems on lineageOS?
my z2 force was working fine over USB when it was stock oreo. it even worked with wifi direct but was kinda annoying. now on lineage pie, i can't get it to work on usb. no black screen, no freezing, just nothing. i hit usb and 2 options pop up (usb ports). doesn't matter what i click, nothing happens, just right back to HUR menu.

and while i have opened up my wifi tethering for free, that option doesn't work either. i get a black screen with no video (even though during setup, i can see the video fine). anyways i have tried all combinations of SW decoder and the one right underneath it (yes/yes yes/no no/yes no/no), and all leads to frozen black screen. doesn't matter if i hit back or home or recents or anything. it stays frozen. i even tried the wifi companion app both with and without wifi direct. direct was no longer working either.

then i decided to borrow a phone on stock nougat. i didn't have the cable to check USB, but i used the same exact steps for wifi connection and it worked flawlessly.

immediately went back and tried with my phone and frozen black screen again

so i know the head unit can handle all 3 modes no problems. and my phone is much better than the one i borrowed, so it has to be lineageOS right? anything i can check that i haven't written?

Hi Guys, I had to factory reset my tablet(headunit), and now the system is requesting a password for wifi direct. Does anyone know what the wifi direct password is for HUR? It's not letting me use the wifi direct feature on HUR, without that password. Any help would be great. I'm losing my mind here, and Emil has been very busy. I sent him an email, but I wanted to know if anyone had a similar experience. I didn't have a password before the reset. Thanks.

12th September 2019, 12:33 AM |#3912  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suspenders715

Ok so I tested the new incoming connection wireless option on my wife's pixel 3 with Android pie and it worked right away. But on my pixel 2xl on Android Q it is not working. As I commented in a previous post the wifi direct handshake appears to work and then the HIR wifi hotspot is created and my phone connects to it, but then nothing happens after that. @Emil Borconi

I have the exact same issue @suspenders715, any resolution ? @Emil Borconi
12th September 2019, 02:44 AM |#3913  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi633

Hi All,

Just updated my phone to Android 10, since then I have seen this issue, when the phone is set to dark mode, Android auto on HUR is always dark even in daytime , I have set the day night controls to - controlled by phone. Has anyone seen this issue recently , if yes any workaround to it?

This is not an issue with HUR but rather is how Google made the night mode work in AA. It is simply toggling your dark theme on and off, but if you specify force light or dark theme it will lock that in AA. The best way to work around this would be to setup a Tasker routine to set theme to auto when AA starts. I just leave mine on auto so I don't have this issue to help with setting this up.

---------- Post added at 02:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:41 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classicrocker87

Hi Guys, I had to factory reset my tablet(headunit), and now the system is requesting a password for wifi direct. Does anyone know what the wifi direct password is for HUR? It's not letting me use the wifi direct feature on HUR, without that password. Any help would be great. I'm losing my mind here, and Emil has been very busy. I sent him an email, but I wanted to know if anyone had a similar experience. I didn't have a password before the reset. Thanks.

Check the original and second posts of the thread. In the directions for setting up the wireless he has the password listed.

---------- Post added at 02:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:42 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by juandhi

I have the exact same issue @suspenders715, any resolution ? @Emil Borconi

I have not had any new success on this. I believe it may be new permissions or something in Android 10 but I'm not sure. Hopefully @Emil Borconi can take a look once he is all settled into his new place.
12th September 2019, 11:06 PM |#3914  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonMcGraw

@Emil Borconi
I am loving the app on my JOYING Sofia HU and OnePlus 6T with very few issues. But was wondering if you could help me figure out why when I plug my phone in (I use USB only) it will sometimes launch perfectly but other times will either not open up at all or just pop up the main menu and I have to choose USB and my phone manually. It is quite frustrating with an otherwise seamless experience. Thanks hope you can help.

Hey,

Did you get your issue resolved?
I am having a very similar issue with my OnePlus 6T. But on top of your description sometimes it will try to connect to flash in and out of the app repeatedly and then other times it will drop an hour into it working already.
I have noticed that if my 6T isn't connecting I can still connect my Pixel 3. And then weirdly if I try the 6T again it starts to work normally.
12th September 2019, 11:48 PM |#3915  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuele9

Hi, for first sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian.
I'm using the app with an android 9 headunit and a oneplus 6. When I say "ok Google" or I tap on the mic the assistant starts but it doesn't hear me. I've already select all the options in "microphone buffer" but it still doesn't working
Any solution?

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A6003 utilizzando Tapatalk

Hi, any news?

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A6003 utilizzando Tapatalk
14th September 2019, 01:18 AM |#3916  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I think a lot of the crashing problems recently are coming from Android Auto itself closing for some reason, not sure what it is. Might be a comibination of PowerAmp and Android Auto as sometimes I find that PowerAmp becomes unaccessible through Android Auto after some crashes, not sure.

This is the log I get from HUR a few minutes after I start my trip (all preceding messages are just repeated HU-MEDIACODER messages. When the crash happens it's difficult to see but I think I see "Connection Failed" show up on the screen of the tablet. If I stay still everything goes fine, nothing ever crashes or closes (testing in my office). It only seems to be when I move.

My setup is Nexus 7 2013 with Android 9.0 as the dashboard and a Galaxy Note 8 as the client. This is running the HUR Beta APK 4.6 Beta 5

Quote:

Sep 13, 2019 6:31:16 PM D - HU-MEDIADECODER: Rendering
Sep 13, 2019 6:31:16 PM D - HU-MEDIADECODER: Index media try again
Sep 13, 2019 6:31:16 PM D - MessgaeProcessor: Channel: 0 flag: 11Message type: 15 payload: 0 size: 4, data: 000F0801
Sep 13, 2019 6:31:16 PM D - HU-Decoder: Running on separate thread
Sep 13, 2019 6:31:16 PM D - HU-MEDIADECODER: codec output consume
Sep 13, 2019 6:31:16 PM D - MessgaeProcessor: Channel: 9 flag: 11Message type: 32769 payload: 0 size: 33, data: 800108021212416E64726F6964204175746F206D6564696118 9556200028003000
Sep 13, 2019 6:31:17 PM D - MessgaeProcessor: Channel: 0 flag: 11Message type: 13 payload: 0 size: 4, data: 000D0801
Sep 13, 2019 6:31:18 PM E - HU-TransportService_Headunit Reloaded V4.6 Beta5_fix1: Error reading: null
Sep 13, 2019 6:31:18 PM D - HU-SERVICE: Player on Pause
Sep 13, 2019 6:31:18 PM D - HU-SERVICE: Pc: false
Sep 13, 2019 6:31:18 PM D - HU-MEDIADECODER: Surface Destroyed.
Sep 13, 2019 6:31:18 PM D - HU-MEDIADECODER: Surface Destroyed finished.
Sep 13, 2019 6:31:18 PM D - OnCreatView: Inflating layout
Sep 13, 2019 6:31:18 PM D - HU-PackageDetector: Found phone package: [ResolveInfo{8dd58fa com.android.server.telecom/.components.UserCallActivity m=0x208000}]
Sep 13, 2019 6:31:18 PM D - HU-TransportService_Headunit Reloaded V4.6 Beta5_fix1: Service unbided, no more clients
Sep 13, 2019 6:31:18 PM D - HU-TransportService_Headunit Reloaded V4.6 Beta5_fix1: Send video focus lost request
Sep 13, 2019 6:31:18 PM D - HU-TransportService_Headunit Reloaded V4.6 Beta5_fix1: On Destroyed has been called, cleaning up...

Also, could you please add new-lines to the log file, decoding it visual is pretty difficult at the moment. It would be nice that if the AA process crashed on the phone it would get restarted and not fully close down HUR on the tablet, it seems a bit brittle at the moment.

Would also be nice if I could specifiy the SSID/password for HUR to use so I can setup my own hotspot configuration, I don't like that those details are public.

EDIT: I don't think moving has anything to do with it, I just reproduced the bug sitting at my desk.
14th September 2019, 07:30 AM |#3917  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Having a new issue where HUR won't autostart. I get the USB icon at the top. Tapping the "Tap to view files" makes it connect. Reinstalled the app. Anything I should check? Pixel 3 XL, Android 10, latest Play Store version of HUD.

PS does anyone know how to force an Android headunit to reboot? (Eonon) I feel real dumb not knowing.
14th September 2019, 09:12 AM |#3918  
Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 60

More
I have similar issues:
Phone: S10+ (Android 9)
Tablet: Tab a running lineage OS (9.0)
Installed Wifi direct launcher on my phone
Installed Android Auto on my phone
Installed HUR BETA on my tablet
Enabled listen for incoming connection on tablet
---
When I open HUR, i get listening for incoming connection and nothing happens.
I tried to manually join the hotspot created by the tablet, (entered my wifi hotspot password) phone connected to it, but again nothing on Tablet.
---
Next I tried to DISABLE listen for incoming connection
Clicked on Wifi direct on TABLET
connected via Wifi Direct (verified on phone, shows connected)
Tablet says connected and goes back to home screen where I see Self mode, wifi wifi direct and so on
nothing after. launched AA on my phone, nothing on tablet!

anyone has any luck running this on S10 ? not sure what else to try!

any help is appreciated.
14th September 2019, 06:01 PM |#3919  
Flag varese
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi everyone, I have just a question. In my PX5 dasaita headunit, I use HUR with AA. But, after a call, the basical settings of my head unit make the system go back to my launcher instead HUR, and starts playing FM radio. I would go back to HUR or play FM radio with priority on HUR audio, because navigation voice or Google assistant does not stop Playing FM or mute it when I would use vocal commands.
Could anybody help me? Thanks.
14th September 2019, 10:10 PM |#3920  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmisu

Hi everyone, I have just a question. In my PX5 dasaita headunit, I use HUR with AA. But, after a call, the basical settings of my head unit make the system go back to my launcher instead HUR, and starts playing FM radio. I would go back to HUR or play FM radio with priority on HUR audio, because navigation voice or Google assistant does not stop Playing FM or mute it when I would use vocal commands.
Could anybody help me? Thanks.

You not just use the Android auto that comes on the unit? I've tried using HUR so I could get wireless, but ultimately ended up having issues.
15th September 2019, 10:34 AM |#3921  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Bug in Wifi Launcher for HUR
When my Galaxy Watch connects or disconnects the phone automstically drops to the home screen. If i disable Wifi Launcher for HUR It does not.

Any way you could fix this?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, headunit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)