FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What should be my next focus?

Try to work out how to integrate ODB2/CAN data?

18 Vote(s)
94.74%
Build a HUD app to work with HUR(HUDWAY style)?

1 Vote(s)
5.26%
Something else?

0 Vote(s)
0%

[Android 4.1+] HeadUnit Reloaded for Android Auto with Wifi

2,632 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,115

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 4th August 2016, 12:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
17th September 2019, 06:26 PM |#3931  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 931

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by javtolt

Hi how can I get the beta version If I have payed the Google play version?

XDA Labs app.
17th September 2019, 09:12 PM |#3932  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
sorry if this has already been addressed but I just want to make sure. Samsung tablet can't take advantage of the new wifi method?
18th September 2019, 01:38 PM |#3933  
Flag North East, MD
Thanks Meter: 931

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDreamer

sorry if this has already been addressed but I just want to make sure. Samsung tablet can't take advantage of the new wifi method?

What version of Android?
18th September 2019, 04:38 PM |#3934  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjones73

What version of Android?

unrooted Samsung Galaxy tab s2 Android version 7.0 but I can root to 9.0 if needed
18th September 2019, 05:13 PM |#3935  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Edit: I don't know why but it works now, I've changed nothing. Maybe a restart of the Phone solved the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by romandesign

Thanks. So far, I have just given all permissions to Tasker, including disabling battery saver, and same for AA, and it seems to help, it's launching the service now.

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. I disabled battery optimisation and granted all permissions for both Android Auto and Tasker (edit: which isn't necessary) but I still get the 255 error code:

Code:
18.54.06/E Run Shell: %TempAA -> %TempAA
18.54.06/E Run Shell: ->
18.54.06/Shell runBackground am startservice -W com.google.android.projection.gearhead/com.google.android.projection.gearhead.companion.D eveloperHeadUnitNetworkService root: true timeout: -1
18.54.06/Shell start process-thread ID 1507
18.54.06/E add wait type Shell1 time 2147483647
18.54.06/E add wait type Shell1 done
18.54.06/E add wait task
18.54.06/Variables doreplresult: |%TempAA| -> |%TempAA|
18.54.06/E Error: 255
It doesn't matter whether I run it as root or not (it says "Tasker was granted Superuser rights"). It also doesn't work when I launch AA and wait a few seconds before I run the script.

BTW, the server also doesn't start when I try to launch it using the "WifiP2P for AA" app.

That's what's in my %TempAA variable after I ran the script:
Code:
Starting service: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] cmp=com.google.android.projection.gearhead/.companion.DeveloperHeadUnitNetworkService }
I'm running a rooted Pixel Experience (Android 9) custom ROM on my LG G6 (H870).

There should be a notification popping up when the AA headunit server is running, just like it does when I manually start it, right? Can anyone help me?
19th September 2019, 02:15 PM |#3936  
Suffolk, UK
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hieu.dang

Anyone here succeeds using HUR with Wifi Direct ? I tried with my Note 10+ and my Android HU, but AA always runs on my mobile, and HUR stays forever in first screen (with selfmode/wifi/wifi direct....). The 2 units can connect throught Wifi Direct, and with the Wifi Launcher for HUR, my phone can connect automatically to my Android HU with Bluetooth as trigger. Any settings I forgot ? Any advice ?

Hi, I have a Note 9 and have the same issue. Mostly works via USB... But nothing via WIFI, direct or tethered!
20th September 2019, 08:11 AM |#3937  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Edit: I don't know why but it works now, I've changed nothing. Maybe a restart of the Phone solved the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XPhenoxX

Unfortunately this doesn't work for me. I disabled battery optimisation and granted all permissions for both Android Auto and Tasker but I still get the 255 error code:

Code:
18.54.06/E Run Shell: %TempAA -> %TempAA
18.54.06/Shell runBackground am startservice -W com.google.android.projection.gearhead/com.google.android.projection.gearhead.companion.D eveloperHeadUnitNetworkService root: true timeout: -1
18.54.06/Shell start process-thread ID 1507
18.54.06/E add wait type Shell1 time 2147483647
18.54.06/E add wait type Shell1 done
18.54.06/E add wait task
18.54.06/Variables doreplresult: |%TempAA| -> |%TempAA|
18.54.06/E Error: 255

When executed via Terminal Emulator I get a more detailed error message but I still have no clue what it means...
Code:
:/ $ su
ojection.gearhead.companion.DeveloperHeadUnitNetworkService       <
Starting service: Intent { act=android.intent.action.MAIN cat=[android.intent.category.LAUNCHER] cmp=com.google.android.projection.gearhead/.companion.DeveloperHeadUnitNetworkService }
Error: app is in background uid UidRecord{beed974 u0a114 CEM  idle change:cached procs:2 seq(0,0,0)}
255|:/ #
The command does work when I plug in the USB cable first to launch Android Auto with HUR being started automatically but it doesn't work when I launch Android Auto without plugging in the USB cable.

So I guess something else (process or service) must be started first, but which one?
21st September 2019, 01:10 PM |#3938  
Flag Buckinghamshire
Thanks Meter: 79

More
Need some help
I can't seem to get any of this to work - but also can't seem to find any instructions on how to get it all set up.

Currently I have a Nexus 5, rooted with HUR installed.

I then have Android Auto installed on my main phone Pixel 3.

I have connected together with a USB cable.

If I click on USB on the HUR i just get "No connected USB device detected". I'm using a standard USB cable and the Pixel USB C to USB A adaptor which came with the Pixel.

Android Auto simply runs on my Pixel and nothing ever happens on the Nexus which I want to mount on the car.

Clicking WiFi on the HUR get an error connecting to /192.168.1.1 ECONNECTREFUSED.

I don't want to use WiFi direct as my understanding is this would mean I'd need GSM internet on the HUR deice which I don't have.

What am I doing wrong?!
21st September 2019, 01:45 PM |#3939  
Thanks Meter: 24

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teapea

Need some help
I can't seem to get any of this to work - but also can't seem to find any instructions on how to get it all set up.

If I click on USB on the HUR i just get "No connected USB device detected". I'm using a standard USB cable and the Pixel USB C to USB A adaptor which came with the Pixel.

Android Auto simply runs on my Pixel and nothing ever happens on the Nexus which I want to mount on the car.

Clicking WiFi on the HUR get an error connecting to /192.168.1.1 ECONNECTREFUSED.

I don't want to use WiFi direct as my understanding is this would mean I'd need GSM internet on the HUR deice which I don't have.

What am I doing wrong?!

The USB connection may be down to a cable problem.

For the WiFi connection, do you have AA server running on the Pixel?
21st September 2019, 11:10 PM |#3940  
Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 60

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by weaselchops

Hi, I have a Note 9 and have the same issue. Mostly works via USB... But nothing via WIFI, direct or tethered!

Yeah, same here, i played around for 2-3 days and couldnt make it work, i just gave up, I dont think this works with Samsung Phones.. (the Wifi) It works for me when I use USB, but that is not an option for me.
I moved to AutoMate, its not AA but look very similar to it, will have to do for now.
22nd September 2019, 03:21 AM |#3941  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by teapea

Need some help

What am I doing wrong?!

Ok so instructions are in OP of this thread, but here is some info that may help. For the USB you need to make sure you have an otg adapter on the HUR end(in your case the nexus). If you don't have that it won't recognize the device. For wifi I suggest trying with the beta which you can get from XDA labs (if you need more info on that please search as it has been gone over several times) and also get the started app in the OP of this thread.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, headunit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)