FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

View Poll Results: What should be my next focus?

Try to work out how to integrate ODB2/CAN data?

18 Vote(s)
94.74%
Build a HUD app to work with HUR(HUDWAY style)?

1 Vote(s)
5.26%
Something else?

0 Vote(s)
0%

[Android 4.1+] HeadUnit Reloaded for Android Auto with Wifi

2,632 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,116

By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 4th August 2016, 12:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th October 2019, 03:47 PM |#4021  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jemus

@suspenders715
Thanks for the hint.
So I guess that should be the right one?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...-auto-t3813163

Yes that is the one.
9th October 2019, 03:21 AM |#4022  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Okay wifi direct is working on my Atoto headunit with S10. Once connected the app is smooth as butter! The only issue I have is that I have to manually connect and handshake everytime I restart my car. To do this I also have to exit HUR and restart the app every time in order to see the initiation in wifi direct settings.. this would be amazing if it was all automated.
9th October 2019, 03:47 AM |#4023  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pking1369

Okay wifi direct is working on my Atoto headunit with S10. Once connected the app is smooth as butter! The only issue I have is that I have to manually connect and handshake everytime I restart my car. To do this I also have to exit HUR and restart the app every time in order to see the initiation in wifi direct settings.. this would be amazing if it was all automated.

Wifi direct on Atoto a6 Pro? cannot get mine to work in any way.. I get failed to create p2p group and when i asked emil he said probably wfi direct is not supported, I also asked atoto support an they confirmed! How did you manage? I would appreciate if you could walk me through the process
9th October 2019, 04:06 AM |#4024  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcaptur

Wifi direct on Atoto a6 Pro? cannot get mine to work in any way.. I get failed to create p2p group and when i asked emil he said probably wfi direct is not supported, I also asked atoto support an they confirmed! How did you manage? I would appreciate if you could walk me through the process

Not sure.. I typically get the same toast message at start, then I exit HUR, restart HUR and manually connect to HUR in wifi direct phone settings. The only thing I changed was enabling "listen for incoming connections" in the HUR settings

You also need to make sure that head unit server is running in the AA app
9th October 2019, 04:49 AM |#4025  

More
Wifi Launcher and app crashes
Hi has anyone else witness random app crashes and minimizations of apps when wifi launcher app is installed? I'm asking because while wifi direct mode works perfect for me, the AA app keeps crashing. As well other apps I use while the app is installed keep minimizing at random intervals kicking me back to the home screen....
9th October 2019, 06:48 AM |#4026  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Juanj275

Hi has anyone else witness random app crashes and minimizations of apps when wifi launcher app is installed? I'm asking because while wifi direct mode works perfect for me, the AA app keeps crashing. As well other apps I use while the app is installed keep minimizing at random intervals kicking me back to the home screen....

I believe this issue was fixed in the latest update to the app. It was a Bluetooth disconnect issue I believe. I stopped using the wireless as it was a little too delayed for me on my unit and wired isn't that hard.
9th October 2019, 06:53 AM |#4027  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by suspenders715

I believe this issue was fixed in the latest update to the app. It was a Bluetooth disconnect issue I believe. I stopped using the wireless as it was a little too delayed for me on my unit and wired isn't that hard.

I tried downloading the most up to date app for wifi launcher through the XDA labs app and it still causing crashes not just with AA but random apps too.... Otherwise the app on conjunction with the HUR on my tablet works pretty well
9th October 2019, 05:44 PM |#4028  

More
Does the WiFi hotspot option use data? The reason I ask is that my phone plan only has a limited amount (500mb) I am concerned that I will go over that.
9th October 2019, 09:50 PM |#4029  
Thanks Meter: 168

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppietak

Interesting, cause I have the same problems but with a different device.
Have you tried other USB-C hubs (with PD possibly) and they didn't work? or this one was just the first and it simply worked?
(I'm asking because I've already bought one (different company but very similar, with PD support) and it doesn't work unfortunately.)

I'm not really having problems with that setup, it works. Which one did you buy? Bear in mind that the tablet is the host, so the cable that's attached to the hub (USB-C) should go to the tablet, and the phone should be connected as a device, so it should go into the port not labeled "PD". The "PD" USB-C port is only to connect the charger.

The only other device I tried was this "splitter" hub and it didn't work at first, but I don't know what I just did, and it's working now, but while it passes 18W to the tablet (what it is requesting), it doesn't pass enough power to the phone (which is connected to the headphone port).

I realized it should work even for hubs that don't have a second USB-C port, instead connecting the phone to one of the A ports, but the A port should be a charging port or it probably will only charge at max 0.9A (USB 3.0) or 0.5A (USB 2.0).
9th October 2019, 10:03 PM |#4030  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy o

I'm not really having problems with that setup, it works. Which one did you buy? Bear in mind that the tablet is the host, so the cable that's attached to the hub (USB-C) should go to the tablet, and the phone should be connected as a device, so it should go into the port not labeled "PD". The "PD" USB-C port is only to connect the charger.

To be precise, I struggle with a slightly different setup (a standalone phablet + AA/Carplay dongle + charging), but I think that there should be a way to charge it through USB-C either way. There is a chance that it's a software/kernel problem (since I'm using custom ROM), and it will be hard to avoid it. I've bought Green Cell's one, very similar construction I think. Anyways, maybe I'll figure it out later, because it drives me nuts
Thanks for asking
10th October 2019, 03:29 PM |#4031  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Tried many times to get this working on a tablet with wifi,Just won't do it on usb it works now and again but far too many times stops working,Won't let me download 4.6 beta without paying again.Very disapointed in it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, headunit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)