FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

 View Poll Results: What should be my next focus?

Try to work out how to integrate ODB2/CAN data?
 
18 Vote(s)
94.74%
Build a HUD app to work with HUR(HUDWAY style)?
 
1 Vote(s)
5.26%
Something else?
 
0 Vote(s)
0%

[Android 4.1+] HeadUnit Reloaded for Android Auto with Wifi

2,637 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,123
 
By Emil Borconi, XDA Ad-Free Recognized Developer on 4th August 2016, 12:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th October 2019, 03:29 PM |#4031  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Tried many times to get this working on a tablet with wifi,Just won't do it on usb it works now and again but far too many times stops working,Won't let me download 4.6 beta without paying again.Very disapointed in it.
11th October 2019, 12:29 AM |#4032  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hot spot works for me on unrooted Nexus 7 running 6.0.1 and Galaxy S9 . USB only works randomly and very rarely. On my 5th gen Fire Hd7 USB works great. I am concerned with hotspot data usage though so I will stick to the fire . Now my only problem is charging while using otg on the fire.
11th October 2019, 01:51 AM |#4033  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
sound quality drop
my hyundai ioniq 2018 avn headunit could boot up android auto with HUR via USB

but the sound quality will drop tremendously like the bass and treble sounds so soft. But usual bluetooth music is fine.

Any idea?
11th October 2019, 07:45 AM |#4034  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hi
What about support for 1280x480 display?
Is it included in 4.6 update ?

All BMW Android Unit drives this resolution and screen is stretched
11th October 2019, 09:05 AM |#4035  
Member
Thanks Meter: 25
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaro12

Hi
What about support for 1280x480 display?
Is it included in 4.6 update ?

All BMW Android Unit drives this resolution and screen is stretched

Yup it is included in Beta 4.6.

You can download it in XDA Labs if you bought version 4.5 (non beta) in the play store.
11th October 2019, 01:52 PM |#4036  
Senior Member127 posts Thanks: 33

@Emil Borconi

Can you possibly fix the exit button to go to the headunit main launcher (with custom logo if possible) just like the stock android auto launcher? Thanks
11th October 2019, 02:00 PM |#4037  
GAMELASTER's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
@Emil Borconi
Hi, I Recently purchased your app, it's working great. I have one question. I have PX5 Headunit and I plan to make my own app talking with CANbus, and I really would like to implement and most things, as Android Auto supports (I never had android auto, so I don't know which features it supports). I think it would be good to implement API / intents to app, so people would be able to create their own apps which will provide data from car CAN bus to your app, which will send it to android auto. My plans are to implement speed, battery voltage, door status and fuel consumption for Peugeot and Citroen. It would be possible to make API in HU Reloaded?

Thanks
11th October 2019, 04:33 PM |#4038  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Hi

I'm trying to get this to work on my Honda Civic Type-R 2018. The headunit runs 4.2.2 i believe, my phone is Note 8 (not rooted) running Android 9. Wi-fi direct seems to be disabled on this HU, i can get to the settings page by creating a custom shortcut but the buttons in the settings are Greyed out.

Instead I'm trying to use the Wifi Mode , do i understand something wrong or is the Wifi Launcher for HUR supposed to be able to start my phones hotspot? It doesn't do that. I run the 1.1 version downloaded from XDA Labs.
I followed the instructions but can't seem to figure this out, any ideas?
If i start the hotspot manually it connects.

I only have those options in the helper app.



EDIT: Searched through the thread some and now i understands it tries to start the hotspot on the car, seems like the Honda Headunit doesn't support neither Hotspot or Wi-fi direct. That sucks.
11th October 2019, 07:45 PM |#4039  
GAMELASTER's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leolulz

Hi

I'm trying to get this to work on my Honda Civic Type-R 2018. The headunit runs 4.2.2 i believe, my phone is Note 8 (not rooted) running Android 9. Wi-fi direct seems to be disabled on this HU, i can get to the settings page by creating a custom shortcut but the buttons in the settings are Greyed out.

Instead I'm trying to use the Wifi Mode , do i understand something wrong or is the Wifi Launcher for HUR supposed to be able to start my phones hotspot? It doesn't do that. I run the 1.1 version downloaded from XDA Labs.
I followed the instructions but can't seem to figure this out, any ideas?
If i start the hotspot manually it connects.

I only have those options in the helper app.



EDIT: Searched through the thread some and now i understands it tries to start the hotspot on the car, seems like the Honda Headunit doesn't support neither Hotspot or Wi-fi direct. That sucks.

You're right by your edit. I recommend you rather use USB cable, it autoamtically starts when you plug it in, and it's really awesome.
11th October 2019, 07:46 PM |#4040  
Member
Thanks Meter: 18
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAMELASTER

You're right by your edit. I recommend you rather use USB cable, it autoamtically starts when you plug it in, and it's really awesome.

The honda head unit supports AA natively over USB.
I'm trying to get it to be wireless.
11th October 2019, 07:49 PM |#4041  
GAMELASTER's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leolulz

The honda head unit supports AA natively over USB.
I'm trying to get it to be wireless.

Ahh, well, then only solution for you is to tether internet from phone, connect to it from headunit, and then press "wifi" button in HU Reloaded.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
android auto, androidauto, headunit

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes